issues with i max b6 alternatives?

datboi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i have a imax b6. i seem to have an issue with it. the voltage is calibrated properly.

at rest it gives the right voltage. so for example 1.5v. when i begin charging or discharging a battery, if i check the voltage shown on the display, and the one shown by a multimeter, it is now off by quite a bit (like 0.15mv)

i think this is a original version, at least that's what it was sold to me as.

can someone with this charger verify for me please? check if with no load on the battery the voltage displayed is correct, then apply charge/discharge and check again.

mind you, i checked everything that could cause this error. connection is good and clean, tried with different batteries and different battery technology (ni-mh li-ion etc)

is my charger faulty or do others experience this issue? it seems that the bigger the charge/discharge rate, the more inaccurate it gets,

it also seems to have a hard time detecting end voltage for ni-mh. i set the detection to 5mv 7mv 10mv 15mv and 20mv, but it seems to make no difference. it sometimes overcharges batteries even tho they might be in good condition (so low internal resistance etc)

i'm also wondering, are there good alternatives? i really like the functions on this charger. the fact that i can charge all battery technology's and that user can tweak everything like voltage, cap limit, time limit etc.

12 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I reckon well over half of the b6 chargers out there are fake and therefore everything about them is dodgy.

Try a skyrc t100

is there no way i can make sure the vendor is selling a original one? i just really like this charger :(

If you like the fuction of a four button style charger then you'd get on with a lot of the skyrc range.

Like trigger says, there are some many clones and fakes it's not worth the risk with lipos in my opinion.

Regarding the chargers I currently use as reference; a pair of skyrc chargers and an isdt charger.

The isdt offers more options, better control and is my preferred charger, but options add complexity that not everybody wants.

Can't find the B6 in UK anymore. (the genuine ones supposedly have a hologram sticker on the bottom but I wouldn't count on it)

This is the newer version (and good price)

SkyRC S65 AC Charger 65W SK-100152-04 (modelsport.co.uk)

Edited by EDcase

2 hours ago, concretesnail said:

If you like the fuction of a four button style charger then you'd get on with a lot of the skyrc range.

Like trigger says, there are some many clones and fakes it's not worth the risk with lipos in my opinion.

Regarding the chargers I currently use as reference; a pair of skyrc chargers and an isdt charger.

The isdt offers more options, better control and is my preferred charger, but options add complexity that not everybody wants.

so you're telling me they have other chargers with all the features and functions of the b6?  the b6 is just a really complete product for me as it allows me to charge any battery technology while being able to tweak all values like voltage and the amps etc.

sounds good, i'm gonna look into the  skyrc range!

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Can't find the B6 in UK anymore. (the genuine ones supposedly have a hologram sticker on the bottom but I wouldn't count on it)

This is the newer version (and good price)

SkyRC S65 AC Charger 65W SK-100152-04 (modelsport.co.uk)

is there no way to use alligator clips on this?

Edited by datboi

• Supporters
5 hours ago, datboi said:

so you're telling me they have other chargers with all the features and functions of the b6? 

Yes, the "iMax B6" is an (old) model of SkyRC charger.  There are loads of knock offs around, and videos showing how to tell the difference.  A genuine one should have a hologram sticker underneath it with a code that you can check.

That said, if in doubt, just buy an S65, it's much newer technology in a more compact package.

i wanna ask y'all a favor, if you have a b6.  take a battery, hook it up to the b6 with no load. also connect a multimeter to the battery. in my case, with no load both will show the same voltage. when charging/discharging beings, b6 shows the inaccurate voltage. the higher the charge/discharge rate, the more inaccurate it gets

1 minute ago, datboi said:

what about other skyrc products?

That's the problem. A sizeable proportion of B6s on the market are lesser quality clones and are not made by SkyRC.

I would recommend a SkyRC S65 as a simple, reasonably priced AC smart charger. It'll do far more than what most Airsofters actually need.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.