UPS RIF Declaration for Parts

0mega

Yes their wording can be quite heavy. Unfortunately, nothing seems to move quickly as far as BF are concerned. 

I’m sorry to hear this has put you off taking up other shooting sports, hopefully your future experiences are less painful!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, seen this conversation and it’s become relevant to me, wonder if anyone can help. I’m importing a handguard and magazines for a we msk and have to fill out a rif declaration form even though the parts I’m importing don’t constitute a rif. I don’t have ukara I have another defence for owning but there’s nowhere on the form to input that. As mentioned previously the form isn’t great and I have filled one out before if memory serves. Appreciate any help/clarification on the form

• 4 months later...
On 05/01/2024 at 11:41, Call23 said:

Hello, seen this conversation and it’s become relevant to me, wonder if anyone can help. I’m importing a handguard and magazines for a we msk and have to fill out a rif declaration form even though the parts I’m importing don’t constitute a rif. I don’t have ukara I have another defence for owning but there’s nowhere on the form to input that. As mentioned previously the form isn’t great and I have filled one out before if memory serves. Appreciate any help/clarification on the form

Im in the exact same boat as you - imported a rif hanguard from evike via UPS and they want a rif declaration. As in the thread, the wording of the form is confusing and steers towards trying to get you to say something is a RIF when it’s just a part. Anyone got advice on what exactly to put and how to fill it out? I do have UKARA defence but that wouldn’t be needed or apply for a part right?

3 hours ago, xxmegashot said:

Im in the exact same boat as you - imported a rif hanguard from evike via UPS and they want a rif declaration. As in the thread, the wording of the form is confusing and steers towards trying to get you to say something is a RIF when it’s just a part. Anyone got advice on what exactly to put and how to fill it out? I do have UKARA defence but that wouldn’t be needed or apply for a part right?

Compare your form to the PDF in the first post of this thread

For the questions on that form you would put:

B RIF / parts = yes

C RIF = no and RIf part = yes

with your UKARA details inbetween 

Generally you would not need a defence for parts as it’s not a RIF, but the form could be used in the context of parts to modify an IF to RIF or for multiple imports of separate parts to ‘smuggle’ and manufacture a RIF

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just chucking my own experiences here - UPS have finally delivered to me some EPMs from WGCShop, but the package was previously inexplicably stuck at the

Import Scan
Castle Donington, United Kingdom

stage for ages, just going round and round continually getting import scanned. Turns out I needed to complete the dumb UPS-specific RIF declaration paperwork that has been previously mentioned aplenty in this thread.

I believe this was triggered by the words "DESC: Airsoft toy parts" on the parcel label.

But I would like to warn that UPS never contacted me about this. I had to go chasing them, which involved ringing them and getting an email address of a "Customs Clearance Advisor", who then forwarded me the paperwork to complete. I received two bits of paperwork:

• RIF DEC Aug22.doc
  • Request for Clearance Instruction-HV.docx

Original (sanitised) files are attached below for your convenience.

The "RIF DEC" document I completed coincidentally exactly as @Tommikkasuggested - so this works:

On 04/06/2024 at 17:57, Tommikka said:

For the questions on that form you would put:

B RIF / parts = yes

C RIF = no and RIf part = yes

with your UKARA details inbetween 

The "Request for Clearance Instruction" was asking all sorts of questions that I didn't have a clue about:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.857506d8023e39d6ec61c782842214ab.png

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/TFsVOmD

So I just filled in what I could, which was the "Goods Description (plain language):" question, my typed "signature" (which defaulted to some Disneyesque font (lol)) and the date.

For EPM mags, I put "Airsoft plastic magazine (NOT RIF)" as the goods description.

I emphasise that I had to contact UPS (and them not contacting me) due to the revelation of this £14.60 daily warehousing fee on this document, which I would've been very cross if I had to pay because of their failure to get in touch. Maybe WGC didn't pass over my details, or maybe this charge is intended for big importers, not private individuals. I have no idea. But I would advise one move quickly to minimise the risk.

Hopefully this will help others in the same boat.

Request for Clearance Instruction-HV.docx RIF DEC Aug22.doc

Edited by Herrgh
Added likely trigger

And this is why you never use UPS as a shipping option.  WGC have other options available.

My parcel via UPS for a PKM (downgraded below 1 joule) from gunfire.pl has yet to take flight to the UK, yet.

I had received a call and email minutes ago from UPS Customs Clearance with the above mentioned document for private RIF imports. I ought to have no issues, but will leave an update here in the meantime to see how smooth my experience is.

4 hours ago, Amokura said:

My parcel via UPS for a PKM (downgraded below 1 joule) from gunfire.pl has yet to take flight to the UK, yet.

I had received a call and email minutes ago from UPS Customs Clearance with the above mentioned document for private RIF imports. I ought to have no issues, but will leave an update here in the meantime to see how smooth my experience is.

606210374_Screenshot2024-07-16173850.png.0b32d712b5e3ac37028371240b4b7945.png

• Supporters

Is that a declaration by the seller?  I'm puzzled as to why there's a velocity declaration in fps, rather than a Joules figure (ideally specifying what weight of BB it was tested with as well).

The declaration is part of the now familiar RIF docx that UPS emails in regards to the item clearance. My replica was downgraded by gunfire.pl (for UK below 1 joule) and was stated in the printed invoice. I added 300 FPS as an "estimate" value - presuming 0.20g lol

In the meantime, my parcel is currently in the Stanford Le Hope UPS merry-go-round.

On 17/07/2024 at 08:45, Rogerborg said:

Is that a declaration by the seller?  I'm puzzled as to why there's a velocity declaration in fps, rather than a Joules figure (ideally specifying what weight of BB it was tested with as well).

image.png.3d08436fce7ba04570f687a780a04b98.png

Whew. I'm hoping to have it arrive in the next day or two now.

image.png.f710488ca114adf4b90c791f736e8905.png

5 hours ago, Amokura said:

Whew. I'm hoping to have it arrive in the next day or two now.

image.png.f710488ca114adf4b90c791f736e8905.png

Ouch, got hit with import fees + VAT + brokerage costs... Expected tbf, but not enjoy such a high up-front cost of nearly 1/3 of what I purchased... None the less a retailer new PKM is still far cheaper with all these add-on fees than to buy, if fortunate, new from a UK airsoft retailer.

• Supporters
On 18/07/2024 at 16:34, Amokura said:

I added 300 FPS as an "estimate" value

Ah, OK. I'm just wondering why you'd specify fps rather than saying "1J".  Not a big deal as they've released it, I'm just curious.

Sorry to hear that you got mugged with all the costs, including the bill for being billed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2024 at 16:19, Amokura said:

Currently suffering with the Stanford Le Hope carousel! 😅

image.png.8f36dc1a5bb6206183bc4afe9d22f70f.png

I have notified gunfire.pl's service to have them prompt or file a complaint to UPS. But, in the meantime, my parcel is still in at UPS Stanford after 32-days counting in transit.

Do I mind being patient and waiting for a RIF import that saves me hundreds? Ees. Would I do this again and import from EU again to run the chance of entering UPS parcel purgatory? No. Within my waiting time an A&K PKM (wood furniture) came in stock at a price for £649.99 .

image.thumb.png.7143e7aeaa82fc739c0289c326482a2d.png

On 12/08/2024 at 15:34, Amokura said:

I have notified gunfire.pl's service to have them prompt or file a complaint to UPS. But, in the meantime, my parcel is still in at UPS Stanford after 32-days counting in transit.

Do I mind being patient and waiting for a RIF import that saves me hundreds? Ees. Would I do this again and import from EU again to run the chance of entering UPS parcel purgatory? No. Within my waiting time an A&K PKM (wood furniture) came in stock at a price for £649.99 .

image.thumb.png.7143e7aeaa82fc739c0289c326482a2d.png

After 5-weeks of waiting, it finally arrived. With all the invoices (UKARA, FPS/.J 0.20g etc), no tampering with the package, and a swift inspection by Border Customs. So as great as having the RIF be processed with no issues, it appears the waiting time may be a result of new implementations causing a queue or backlog of goods
2124563240_Screenshot2024-08-16223450.thumb.png.1e0619cd705f87670e256f6b087ea5d8.png

IMG_20240816_172545.thumb.jpg.25815fdc45a5e5f43b148343a6f37df7.jpg