Hard Case Help

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

im looking to upgrade from my rif bag to a hard case and wondering if anyone can recommend something to suit my needs.

I have a G&G TR16 and a G&G ARP 556 plus mags and a Hi Capa.

Ideally I’m looking for a deep case with pick and pluck foam that will fit all of the above and maybe a few small extras.

Looking online the Nuprol XL seems to be the largest I can find, does anyone have any first hand experience with this case and have any pics of how much you can get in it?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-extra-large-wheeled-hard-case-cubic-pnp-foam?pv=5456

Cheers!

Have a look at MTM.  Better quality IMHO than Nuprol, not that the Nuprol looks crap.

Consider weight too.  If you put all your kit in one case, you have to lug the thing around.   

I have one of the nuprol cases, it's not bad but it's no peli or hardigg case. I have the wave foam padding in mine and it carries my tr16 308 easily along with a pistol and the approriate mags. If i took the mags out or cut a section out for mags then a second rif would fit too. And the wheels help with the weight but they don't work too well on gravely surfaces.

Edited by concretesnail

1 hour ago, concretesnail said:

And the wheels help with the weight but they don't work too well on gravely surfaces.

I use an aluminium hard case from Uttings for HFT, it is flight standard, which may be useful one day.  For treks to and from the carpark I use a sack barrow or carp barrow.   Sack barrow for solo trips,  carp barrow for several peoples kit.  You do need to be careful about bungying the rifle case on securely mind.  

Such a  setup traverses really rough ground and allows you to carry loads of kit with ease.  

Are you going to use it for travelling to and from the site on public transport? If so I'd suggest sticking with a soft bag as I found a hard box attracted more attention 

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Are you going to use it for travelling to and from the site on public transport? If so I'd suggest sticking with a soft bag as I found a hard box attracted more attention 

Nope it will be for transporting by car.

I’ve don’t a little measuring and laying rifs out in the floor today and I think, with a bit of Tetris, I can make both fit with some spaces for mags and BB’s.

The main issue I’ve had is figuring out if the long boi TR16 plus optics leaves enough room for an ARP as well

Does this help? The .308 TR16 has its stock compressed and that's a Krytac PDW in there too. This is the large case i think, measures about 105cm excluding external bits n bobs 

guns.jpg

Though its not in stock at the moment. I have the Parra Saber case from patrolbase. Its ever so slightly shorter in length. But much bigger width giving alot more space to stack 2 rifles width ways leaving plenty of space for mags. 

Looking at Uttings site just now, the case I have seems to have been discontinued.   I did note though that the Rapier metal case is only £20/£30 more than the Nuprol. 

Not sure on sizes, but the ally cases are buy once and forget about.  I've had mine for years.  Might be worth a look.  

I have both the nuprol large and extra large cases.  The image is of the large case which Ive thrown in the Ssg10, mk23 and mags etc.   With careful placement I could see your pews fitting. 

Ive thrown the sr15, 12 mags, speedloader, 2 x bfgs, battery box and bfg blanks in the other extra large case.  This case is huge. 

Note the only difference is the length, so I'd layout your intended kit on the floor, get some tape and mark out the dimensions for the 2 x sizes of case and see what fits. 

Both cases are well protective of the contents and for the price are value.  They're not super rigid/ throw out of the back of a c130 kind of case but they're good enough for airsoft. 

IMG_20210806_112902.jpg

Just thought I’d throw in an update and say thanks for all the feedback.

After much measuring with tape on the floor and moving around my gear I ended up going for the XL!
I’m so glad I did as seeing everything in it there is no way I would have got this lot in a large! 😆

464A3A7E-292B-400E-BBFE-2C6E3ED4C69B.thumb.jpeg.87ff104e69eb45b69eaca25f6c4f4c4e.jpeg

On 20/03/2022 at 22:03, Barny said:

Does this help? The .308 TR16 has its stock compressed and that's a Krytac PDW in there too. This is the large case i think, measures about 105cm excluding external bits n bobs 

guns.jpg

Good effort Barny but must try harder. See pics below. 😉😉

Regards

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.