Specna arms SA E-12 Edge carbine

Picklerick90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Eh.  Specna quality is all over the place.  I bought an Edge last year and it's been fine, but others haven't been so lucky.  The Specna feature list is decent, although the X-ASR mosfet is a gimmick and does nothing but cause trouble if you go to a high-draw motor.  It'll protect your trigger contacts if you use 11.1V, but then you'll get overspin and double-shots on semi, so, meh.

CYMA and G&G meet the "decent straight from the box" criteria, but are mostly plastic bodied at that price point.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, as decent plastic will stand up as well or better than Chinesium pot metal.

Are you dead set on metal bodied?  Do you want that short PDW length?  Are there any specific features that are must-haves for you?

I'd look at the core version tbf.

Plastic body, doesn't come with a mosfet but the rest of the gun is essentially identical.

And it's cheaper.

Not a huge fan of metal bodies myself, it's pot metal anyway and doesn't add anything but weight to the gun. And at some point it'll start to wobble which per se isn't an issue, but it can be annoying.

Double Eagle FTW, if you can find stock...
Metal bodied (M906 upwards), MOSFET with burst/binary etc, seem to be reliable except for needing a spring change (and there's a quick change system so it's easy-peasy)

If only Patrolbase had some stock (but they haven't since I bought the last one in November), they've got the M906's at £135.   Pester them to see if they'll be getting any soon, might be worth a pre-order.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m906-fire-control-system-edition

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Double Eagle FTW, if you can find stock...
Metal bodied (M906 upwards), MOSFET with burst/binary etc, seem to be reliable except for needing a spring change (and there's a quick change system so it's easy-peasy)

I did notice a double eagle that seemed legit, but again mixed reviews, it's so hard to know which way to go

Mixed reviews?  Would be interested to see 'em
Quite a few owners here... apart from the rubbish spring, which loses power faster than me cycling up a slight incline,  I think we're all happy with ours.

I'm happy with my SA-E03

Its from the early release so I don't know if later versions are different.

I haven't messed with internals either.

Anything you get could turn out to be a lemon so as long as you buy from a decent retailer you'll be safe in the knowledge that if its DOA or fails while testing you'll be able to return it with minimal hassle.

When it arrives clean the barrel (search how) and then put a hundred or more BBs through it (test hop adjustment too)

If its good keep it and enjoy.  If not return it...

Edited by EDcase

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

I'm happy with my SA-E03

Its from the early release so I don't know if later versions are different.

I haven't messed with internals either

Plus 1 on that

I'd much rather have this...

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m906c-ar15-rifle-with-falcon-system-in-black.html

... and factor in spending £10 on an M100 spring from AK2M4 👍 (don't be scared of BBGUNS4LESS, it's where I bought my M908A DMR from, and yes they do sell cheap springers but they're a solid business).

Over the Specna you'll be getting things like a proper controller / MOSFET, with an optical trigger and the incredibly helpful cycle detection so no jams on semi.

Edited by Fatboy40

I have that exact model.

It's shit.

It was for my son, but he's nicked my Lonex gun instead as the Orion GB shit itself several times. It now has a complete E&C GB in there, but the bugger still won't use it so it's consigned to be a 'spare of a spare' in the kitbag - i.e. the last gun to get pulled out if all the others I've got fail or used as a loner.

Shame really because shoots alright now (I mean, there's no Specna Internals left in it), but it's still pretty boring to look at compared to the new offerings from other manufacturers (such as Double Eagle et al).

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

polymer versions

Which means absolutely nothing in airsoft.  My backup-backup gun is a CYMA CM.516, the really cheap, nasty plastic one, which I've been fiddling with on and off from the moment that I bought a second RIF.  I rarely have cause to revert to it, but when I do, wow, it outshoots anything else that I've got.  ZCI hop and barrel, Big Dragon M140, bang on 1.13J with an M90 spring, feeds from any mag, and so much brrrrrrt.  BBs really, truly, don't care about what's wrapped around the gearbox, hop unit and barrel.

Polymer is just lighter.

Same strength as pot metal, you trade a slightly more "realistic" feel for comfort, since you cut about 1kg off the overall weight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.