Mk23 users what holsters do you use!

Mad-Al

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently picked myself up a cheap used mk23 and an upgrade package for it but it doesn't fit any of my existing holsters.

I dont want to spend big bucks on a holster for it as buying a £40 holster takes half the point out of buying a cheap gun!

So what have you got that works for you?

Bonus points for solutions that work with battle belts.

It’s not cheap (I picked mine up second hand though) but I personally use a warrior assault systems universal holster with my pistols.

I often run different pistols at different games and this allows me to run them all with minor adjustments.

I did have a DTD mk23 holster but it became a PITA swapping this out for other holsters if I wasn’t taking the mk23.

Personally I wouldn’t really go for the cheapest holster as 1) I have seen/heard of people losing guns from them 2) they tend to be rubbish materials and could fail (see point 1)

Personally I would look for a WAS universal one in the classifieds it works fine with loads of pistols and will last forever

+1 for the WAS Universal holster, offers really good retention whilst still being easy to draw from. Might not be as easy if you’re running a suppressor but I’d say it’s a solid option. 

The only issue I can think of is I’ve heard they’re a bit hard to get hold of now. 

Ive actually got a WAS universal holster and annoyingly the asg mk23 just isnt fitting.

The adjustable safakiland doesnt doesnt work with it either.

10 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Ive actually got a WAS universal holster and annoyingly the asg mk23 just isnt fitting.

The adjustable safakiland doesnt doesnt work with it either.

Do you have the additional spacer for the WAS holster. A lot of the second hand sale seem to ot have it included. If you don't it might be worth seeing if you can find one, old make the difference.

I bought cheap and regretted it. 
Got a 3D printed one from eBay, it was ok until threads stripped then it just started to fail

Tjere is a sensibility priced DTD one on the classifieds here now

Thats what I would buy if I had to get one now 👍

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

Are you running it with a light or suppressor?

Suppressor but no light

2 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Do you have the additional spacer for the WAS holster. A lot of the second hand sale seem to ot have it included. If you don't it might be worth seeing if you can find one, old make the difference.

I didn't even realise they were a thing, I'll have to try to track one down

Don't go cheap for holsters, you can lose entire pistols, though this is fairly rare, however losing magazines due to cheap holsters is not uncommon at all. The WAS universal holster is great for the mk23 (it does fit. I leant mine out to a friend last game day and it worked fine for him), though I cannot recommend the WAS universal holster for anything with a normal button mag release. I've lost a 1911 mag and a p226 mag to the releasing system brushing up against the mag release and ejecting while I'm running. As I said, for the mk23, or any HK style pistol, it's fantastic. I typically use my WAS universal holster for my HK45 Tactical, suppressor and all, though my favourite holster for the mk23 itself is the DTD retention holster. Cracking bit of kit that.

• Head Moderator

I would recommend the DTD holster, especially when the supressor is fitted. It is worth the money spent.

However, if budget is really important then a Viper adjustable holster will do the job.  If concerned about dropping the pistol, attach a lanyard between your belt and the pistol.

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

If concerned about dropping the pistol, attach a lanyard between your belt and the pistol.

Always run a lanyard now after losing a pistol in a game about 6 years ago. For me it’s a must have. 

I just ended up making my own in the end. But I use a light and suppressor. My issue is I do a lot of crawling around and the DTD doesn't offer enough protection. I also made it long enough to support the suppressor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.