HG171B Tac 1911 Pistol Opinions?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone ever used or has opinions on the “HG171B Tac 1911 Pistol”

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/hg171b-tac-1911-pistol/?attribute_pa_colour=blue

I really like the look of the pistol but I already might have made a mistake getting a bulldog M4PI.

want to get some advice before I make any more purchases.

if not this pistol, which pistol would be better?

I've got an HFC M9 which is quite nice to hold and fire but it's useless in the Great Outdoors at this time of the year.  After a couple of shots the slide doesn't cycle hard enough and eventually it just de-gases

this may be common to most gas blowback pistols at this time of year though. Certainly seen others do it too

It doesn't seem to take gas as well as it did when it was new so the seals in the mag aren't very resilient, but have come back to life a bit once I sprayed some silicon through it and learned to keep gas in the magazine all the time.

In conclusion, save up for a Tokyo marui 5.1 hi capa, £130 and it'll be as good as a gbb pistol can be... Or so I'm told ☺️

18 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

In conclusion, save up for a Tokyo marui 5.1 hi capa, £130 and it'll be as good as a gbb pistol can be... Or so I'm told 

Or better still any of the newer 15mm bbu TM models.

22 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Or better still any of the newer 15mm bbu TM models.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot about that advice... Some nice modern looking guns in that selection too.  I had a thread about Army Armaments Vs TM Hi-capa which covered some of those

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Looks quite smart that... although I don't think HFC's a brand known for quality (others may be more qualified to comment...), seems expensive for what it is IMO.

Loki, if you're not aware, CO2 works fine on all weather, whereas the normal green gas pistols terms to perform very badly once it gets below 6C.   Like mine 😑

CO2 is more expensive to run, which is why green gas is a little more popular.   But I've got no experience with them so I'll shut up 😋.

I might buy a CO2 magazine for my M9, though I've been advised it'll kill my gun quickly. 

There's also the option for an electric pistol, but without the power of gas, and the absence of blowback action, it's a much less exciting experience... Good if you want a secondary that is the cheapest to run and will almost always work though!

That nighthawk does look very nice.  But.. out of stock

• Supporters
9 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Loki, if you're not aware, CO2 works fine on all weather for one bulb then it won't work at all, whereas the normal green gas pistols terms to perform very badly once it gets below 6C.   Like mine

ftfy

Thanks @Adolf Hamster  I hadn't realised CO2 suffered badly like that as well... better than green gas but still not great :(   
That really kills off any thought of buying that new mag.

TM Hi Capa still on my chrimbo list though :D#

Edit: Awwwww crap I keep saying Hi Capa when I now probably mean a TM M45A1 ... the new tactical 1911 with the 15mm BBU in it.

The only problems with that gun are: the price at places that actually hold stock (~£160 upwards), and the grips which I just don't like the look of.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Thanks @Adolf Hamster  I hadn't realised CO2 suffered badly like that as well... better than green gas but still not great :(   

tbh co2 is great in principle and when they work they're great, however sadly the venn diagram of folks i've heard claiming to have reliable co2 guns (over the long-term) and people i've seen on the field using reliable co2 guns doesn't have much overlap :(

green gas definately has it's flaws, but imo the poor cold weather performance is a worthy trade for the comparatively low maintenance demands (ie keep the mag gassed and the gun clean with a dab of silicone spray on the seals). tm's with their better tolerances and lighter slides definitely are more resilient, but when it gets too cold even they'll struggle.

generally for winter i just accept that a sidearm is going to be mostly just a holster filler (although some folks do tricks like putting hand warmers in the pouch with the mag) and just stick to the aeg primary.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbh co2 is great in principle and when they work they're great, however sadly the venn diagram of folks i've heard claiming to have reliable co2 guns (over the long-term) and people i've seen on the field using reliable co2 guns doesn't have much overlap :(

green gas definately has it's flaws, but imo the poor cold weather performance is a worthy trade for the comparatively low maintenance demands (ie keep the mag gassed and the gun clean with a dab of silicone spray on the seals). tm's with their better tolerances and lighter slides definitely are more resilient, but when it gets too cold even they'll struggle.

generally for winter i just accept that a sidearm is going to be mostly just a holster filler (although some folks do tricks like putting hand warmers in the pouch with the mag) and just stick to the aeg primary.

Cheers.   It does seem that TM are quite resilient, certainly compared to my HFC. 

For co2 in winter, depends on gun and if it slide is light (like kjw cz75). But for most co2 pistos (1911s tbh) you can at the very least get half a mag off with good power (tested in -2c weather before). Green gas no bueno unless it's a tm. 

For me, getting a few shots off in winter is worth the trade offs compared to adolf saying he's rather have GG and not use it at all. 

Thank you everyone for the information, I will probably go for a TM pistol but will wait till I get my ukara so it’s not two tone.

also probably go for green has also, thanks again for all the information.

I'll just add, I love my CO2 pistols for winter use. I have 2 x ASG P-09's with upgraded inner barrels and buckings. They will shoot 5 x mags worth on one bulb at around 325fps and will hop anything I need to them to far and straight. However the mags themselves are super unreliable, I'm currently at 4 or 5 which are unusable due to leaks. At £30 a mag, that's definitely an issue. Also in 20C ambient temps, they shoot somewhere around the 370fps mark - making them too powerful for use in a skirmish during the warmer months.

Any of the newer TM's should serve you well for most environments when using the right gas. If we're talking 100% stock, my favourite out of all the pistols I've ever owned is my TM Hi-Capa Gold Match. I left a mag outside in 4C for about three hours and it was able to rapidly shoot 30 rounds in a row with zero venting.

Although they still cycle and lock back on standard green in the cold you do notice it's not quite as punchy. I run my TM uspc and hk45 on black gas when it gets to the coldest part of the year and they run like a normal.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.