Beginner Set Up Recommendations

Point Two Balls

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I'm just in the process of building a Christmas hamper for my step son who is well into back garden shooting with his air rifle, airsoft electric pistol and electric M4.

He want's to have a go at some CQB next year when he turns 11 (he's pretty mature for his age and a sensible chappy compared to hsi peers).

I'm thinking of getting hold of a plate carrier and some M4 pouches, some M4 flash mags, gloves, a helmet (adjustable FAST type) and some sort of mask and mesh face cover combo.

What would you guys recommend and am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers,

Pat.

If he’s 11 most plate carriers will bury him I’d imagine, a decent clone micro rig would have plenty of adjustability?

Room for 3-6 mags and pistol mags if needed? A PC isn’t going to do much to take the sting out of CQB IMO.

You might run into the same issue with the helmet / face mask combo, I’ve seen some younger players running around in some gear that would cause more harm than good.

Perhaps a dye mask? Decent all round protection so he won’t end up with missing teeth before his first girlfriend, look relatively cool and fairly breathable.

Fencing style mesh mask and a hoodie done up tight around it.  Woolly gloves with stretchy lycra and the rubber grip bobbles.  

Unless he's a seriously big lad, a helmet, tactical gloves etc will drown him I imagine.  

20 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Fencing style mesh mask and a hoodie done up tight around it.  Woolly gloves with stretchy lycra and the rubber grip bobbles.  

Unless he's a seriously big lad, a helmet, tactical gloves etc will drown him I imagine.  

Wot he said...

Wouldn't bother with posh expensive kit, think of the essentials. Some sort of basic chest rig or MOLLE panel to stick some M4 pouches on; one-piece eye and face pro like the fencer hood suggested or a Valken MI7; gloves-wise tactical gloves are pretty affordable and give decent protection, also look at fishing-style neoprene fingerless or shooter mitts.

Assuming it's an indoor CQB site? If so don't bother with camo, dark coloured hoodie and joggers/jeans probably best for use there or a boiler suit if he's big enough and feeling sci fi or Ghostbusting. If he really wants an operator look, cargo trousers and tac shirts are readily available for good prices on Amazon.

Shemagh is handy for neck protection and looks ally as heck. Also a handy picnic blanket, tourniquet, work mat for field stripping, scarf, headdress or makeshift blanket for a cold girlfriend etc etc etc...

Boiling your ass off in joggers and a hoodie, topped off by a shemag, sounds fun in CQB! 🥵

OP, if you want to keep it cheap there’s plenty of options, just make sure he’s protecting his eyeballs & teeth. The rest is just dress up!

• Supporters

Will he be able to play at 11yrs ? As far as I can remember all the sites I’ve ever been too the age limit was 12yrs and over .

I am in the same boat as my son (11), first game is in a few weeks and only some plate carriers would just about fit him while other he would be able to kneel or bend as it soo low down lol.

Cheers all.

Strikeforce in Gloucester is insured for 10 year olds so I did something crazy and booked us in next month.

Long trip (from Manchester), but turning it into a "boys weekend" with an overnight stay in a hotel.

Going to buy a Viper VX Buckle up mini rig and a Viper Special Ops mini rig as they look really adjustable and pretty useful at a great price.

Also going to go for a pair of Valken SE Thermal masks.

I think that should do us for our first venture into airsofting.

Looking forward to getting my ass shot off.

Cheers,

Pat.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.