Returning player after 12+ years

Hrimfaxi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Greetings all!  Returning player here from over 12 years ago.  Used to frequent the ZeroIn forums under the username Intervention - I've already recognised one or two usernames from there.  Apparently, I had an account here also, but must have forgotten about it.

So much has changed in the world of airsoft, it's mad. From the return of HPA (They were all but phased out when I first started) to the rise of youtuber wannabes haha  

Experienced bolty "bush wookie" player, but will dabble in different gameplay styles when I'm bored..

So, cheers and see you in my crosshairs! 🍻

Edited by Hrimfaxi

Hi fella.welcome back. 👋

It's still fun 😜so you will fit right back in.

No point directing you to @GAMBLEwho has a tube thang happening but there again you may find it to be a bit of a refresher experience.

Have fun 👍

Regards 

Hi @Hrimfaxi! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Get stuck back in! 👍

Thanks @Shamal for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

8 hours ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Thank you!  Bring on the madness........

...... and the backaches 😅

And the pain in the pocket! Lol 

Have you still got any gear or ae you having to start again?

Regards 

Welcome! You'll definitely find that some things have changed as you play more and more games. I was literally in your position 2 years ago, hadn't played in many years (I think it was 10 for me) and returning was both great and interesting. As you said, HPA has exploded (heck, even I've converted. Praise HPA!), but I think you'll also be shocked by how far even 1J guns can shoot now when tuned right, thanks to large strides in hop up design, and also how many people use bolties now, though I think this is related to the youtuber wannabes. I remember when I used to play in the mid to late 00s, an AEG shooting to 50m was a huge deal, and there were like... 3 people who used bolties at my site. Now I rock up to game days and there'll be over a dozen easily :P 

Hope you enjoy your time back. I know I have, but my wallet hasn't! HPA engines are expensive, I'll have you know!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

@EDcase - That might be an interesting thread after my first few games back, i'll look into it!

@Shamal - Still got a lot of my gear, didn't get rid of lot as I probably knew I'd be back in the fold at some point or another hah, most of my gas mags needed taking down and attacking with silicone grease though.

@Impulse - Been doing my research and it definitely sounds like that's the case - there's a 1J rule in Ireland right?  They seem to get on just fine!  In regards to the bolties, I was probably one of the very few who would use one regularly.  Now yeah, i'm expecting a sea of them all strapped with scopecams 😆

• Supporters

Ahoy, and welcome back.

I've only been playing for 4 years (less the written-off one), but the good new is that there are some constants:

1) Physics still works on rules rather than belief

and

2) No airsofter believes that

I don't think there's been any huge improvements in boltie tech recently, it's more about heavy, consistent BBs, and maybe a decent hop unit - although a TDC mod costs pennies.

There's maybe a higher volume of fire being spammed around - this is actually an issue at my smallish local site - but generally most of it is still missing.

Find a decent site with non-whanger players and it's still a fun day out playing dress up with toy guns.

On 09/08/2021 at 19:32, Rogerborg said:

Find a decent site with non-whanger players ...

That's the hard part 😏

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.