My Star Wars Blaster Needs FPS Lowered?

Leonine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Went to a game of Airsoft at Anzio camp yesterday. My Stormtrooper blaster came out as around 450fps on the chrono using .25s.

So had to have a rented gun for the day 😒 

My question is how do I lower the FPS to around 350fps?

It’s a S&T E11 storm trooper blaster.

Edited by Leonine

• Supporters

I might start by having a shout at the retailer who committed a criminal offence by selling me a Section 5 firearm.  Jesus wept, 2.34J, that's above the sniper limit at most sites.

ExtremeAirsoft: "These are sometimes rated as firing a bit hot so may need a downgrade to use at most sites".

Image - You don't say.png | Plants vs. Zombies Wiki ...

Failing that, sure, change the spring, if you can figure out how to take the thing apart.

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I might start by having a shout at the retailer who committed a criminal offence by selling me a Section 5 firearm.  Jesus wept, 2.34J, that's above the sniper limit at most sites.

ExtremeAirsoft: "These are sometimes rated as firing a bit hot so may need a downgrade to use at most sites".

Image - You don't say.png | Plants vs. Zombies Wiki ...

Failing that, sure, change the spring, if you can figure out how to take the thing apart.

I got the gun last year not expecting it to be that hot obvs normally 350fps is the normal amount max. Plus I’m a huge Star Wars fan. So when I went to the site and found out it was so much it kinda surprised me. Add insult to injury having to use a rented G36 for an extra £15 (I do like g36s tho but not the point) 😂 

I can dismantle the gun etc but what kind of spring would be compatible for my gun cause I have never had to change a spring before so wouldn’t know where to start? 🤔

First watch THIS and any others you can find on disassembly.

Then follow the steps 😉

Easiest method to reduce fps is to buy a new weaker spring.  The problem is knowing which one to get.

An M95 or M100 is usually around the 350fps range but it depends a LOT on other parts of the gun.

Because yours is so high it might be worth starting with an M90

You can also try to cut down the existing spring but that can involve quite a number of tries to get the right power.

You also have to heat and bend the end each time to make sure it sits flat.

Edited by EDcase

29 minutes ago, EDcase said:

First watch THIS and any others you can find on disassembly.

Then follow the steps 😉

Easiest method to reduce fps is to buy a new weaker spring.  The problem is knowing which one to get.

An M95 or M100 is usually around the 350fps range but it depends a LOT on other parts of the gun.

Because yours is so high it might be worth starting with an M90

You can also try to cut down the existing spring but that can involve quite a number of tries to get the right power.

You also have to heat and bend the end each time to make sure it sits flat.

Thanks for your help. Will this spring do the job do you reckon? 🙂 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-ultimate-mil-spec-aeg-spring?pv=2306

5 minutes ago, Leonine said:

Thanks for your help. Will this spring do the job do you reckon? 🙂 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-ultimate-mil-spec-aeg-spring?pv=2306

Yep, that'll fit.

But I can recommend buying from our own forum member: AK2M4

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/springs/gearparts-aeg-spring-m95?sort=p.price&order=ASC

• Supporters

The good news is that that much energy from an AEG implies that the air seal is spot on, so I wouldn't change anything except the spring, at least initially.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The good news is that that much energy from an AEG implies that the air seal is spot on, so I wouldn't change anything except the spring, at least initially.

Yes, with such high fps the airseal must be near perfect.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Granted, given what it's replicating, you'll never be able to hit anything with it.

...only if trained to shoot by the Empire.  The Rebels (Luke & Han) seem to do alright with em 😆

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Granted, given what it's replicating, you'll never be able to hit anything with it.

precise.jpg.9bf791d3794fecfedb6a14da8efcc692.jpg

As that particular gun is based on the S&T Sterling, it has a quick change spring in it.  Have a dig around the internet for disassembly videos but as fas as I can recall you just need to remove the battery cover and you can look inside and see the spring guide which you just turn to release the spring.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.