Ptw - I'm in Love....

SammieSurrey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

26 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sounds like a pretty accurate description.

must admit systema is a brand i have yet to understand.

different mechanism that yeilds good performance yes, very high quality yes, but from what i've seen of them running i wouldn't say they shoot than what you can acheive with a regular aeg if you know what you're doing.

the spring swap is a consideration, but for example on a flat limit (eg if you only play outdoors, or play somewhere with a fixed energy limit for all guns) it's kind of a moot point.

of course that's a passing impression, and i get the feeling that it's one of those "you have to own one to understand" kind of deals.

You would need to put a lot of work into a normal AEG to get it to how a PTW works out the box. But then you have already paid that with the systema brand. 
With precocking activated and a slick upgraded electric trigger. You are going to be close to the instant fire of the PTW and trigger feel. 
So yeah, there is no argument that you cannot produce a PTW quality gun with a normal aeg by putting hundreds of pounds of upgrade parts and much gun tech time. 
But it still wont feel in your hand like the PTW does, just very damn close.

Would I do it again. If i had to?

Yes, because I have not had any other AEG since I started playing in 1998 that has had more rounds through it and given me less issues, while giving me the range and accuracy advantage. 

The added bonus with the platform is actually what this entire thread started about.

With either a different cylinder or spring and a grub screw to lock out the full auto. You can go from auto to a 450fps dmr in minutes. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Groot said:

You would need to put a lot of work into a normal AEG to get it to how a PTW works out the box. But then you have already paid that with the systema brand. 
With precocking activated and a slick upgraded electric trigger. You are going to be close to the instant fire of the PTW and trigger feel. 
So yeah, there is no argument that you cannot produce a PTW quality gun with a normal aeg by putting hundreds of pounds of upgrade parts and much gun tech time. 
But it still wont feel in your hand like the PTW does, just very damn close.

true, it would take work, but taking an aeg and building it up would pass better in most people's minds than dropping a lot on the gun all at once.

i do want a tw5 at some point, because i want an mp5 and i dont think any of the gbbr versions are gonna suit my circumstances. but it's still a lot of cash to build up.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, it would take work, but taking an aeg and building it up would pass better in most people's minds than dropping a lot on the gun all at once.

i do want a tw5 at some point, because i want an mp5 and i dont think any of the gbbr versions are gonna suit my circumstances. but it's still a lot of cash to build up.

The way I see it. You can take a Golf GTI and drop loads into it and make it really good. It still wouldn't be Golf R. 

image.thumb.png.b8735f8f465c941194641d48c2fb1acb.png

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

I came into this thread because someone said Golf GTI.

That ^ is not a Golf, #lardy

Real golfs happened in the 80s 😁

37FE1544-4447-474F-8F9B-DDA55C4BC390.jpeg

Nice lumbering heavy weight ;) 

My golf history in order

Mk2 Golf GTI 16V in Blue

Mk1 Golf Gti White ( Guess how much i kick myself daily for selling this 20 years ago )
Mk5 Edition 30 Black
Mk6 GTI White 

Mk7.5 R ( 390 ponies of joy ) Red because red ones go faster

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Groot said:

The way I see it. You can take a Golf GTI and drop loads into it and make it really good. It still wouldn't be Golf R. 

i can kind of see the point you're trying to make, although i'm not sure it's the best anecdote.

possibly the issue is people that care enough about performance to be happy dropping that amount of cash are also not put off by the process involved in tweaking an aeg.

51 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i can kind of see the point you're trying to make, although i'm not sure it's the best anecdote.

possibly the issue is people that care enough about performance to be happy dropping that amount of cash are also not put off by the process involved in tweaking an aeg.

Maybe i just want to show off my car?

1 minute ago, Groot said:

Maybe i just want to show off my car?

We have a car thread for that 😂

Back to the topic... 390 ponies...... nice!!!

I played with a TW5 many moons ago and all I remember was the smile on my face and the sounds of pain and aguish in the opposing team as my bb's hit their target. That gun was bloody incredible and you just could not touch it performance wise... it was proper SAS storming the embassy feeling! 

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

We have a car thread for that 😂

Back to the topic... 390 ponies...... nice!!!

I played with a TW5 many moons ago and all I remember was the smile on my face and the sounds of pain and aguish in the opposing team as my bb's hit their target. That gun was bloody incredible and you just could not touch it performance wise... it was proper SAS storming the embassy feeling! 

The TW5 was the holy grail of airsoft guns. It was SOoooo good!

28 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

This is where Systema confuses me.

They had the high-end market by the balls ten years ago, yet they don't seem to give a shit.

A website that looks like it hasn't been updated in years. A laughably bad social media presence. I guess they had a big contract with the Japanese military for PTW Type 89s which had them distracted?

They could most likely spit out a fuck tonne of TW5s if they wanted to, and it sounds like there's still a demand for them, but noooope.

I knew TM could be funny buggers, not really giving a shit about markets outside of Japan, but Systema seems to be on a whole other level of indifference.

All this talk of PTWs does actually make me want to get one, just to experience the high-endy-ness (yes, I made that word up). But I'll need to sell off a kidney and my first born child beforehand.

@Speedbird_666You hit the nail on the head there with a big mallet. Systema could have cornered the airsoft market back then if they wanted but I expect it wasn't their primary focus. They obviously are happy with their dealings with local MIL and Law Enforcement and the supply of their training products to that market  accordingly. It wouldn't surprise me if were is some gentleman's agreement between them and other airsoft manufacturers not to encroach on each others territory. In a warped sense of reality it kinda almost makes sense... well almost

Perhaps one day, when it's safe to play again you may get the chance of shooting a PTW... be warned though you'll never be the same again.. 😂

2 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Are the clones any good compared to kosher PTW's, or is it better to stick to PTW's even if second hand?

Avoid like the plague... the DTW tried and kinda almost got a foothold... they probably still have a large following no doubt I believe and JDAirsoft was big back in the day of promoting the DTW...

Of course there is GBLS DAS too.... A Systema recoil wannabe but that's another can of worms which I don't want to open...

Mil and LE is a huge market as you would expect. The way they buy them is awesome too. 

To give you an example. I did a contract for very low level custom servers along time ago. While they only needed about 50, they also needed all the spares and consumables for the servers for 10 years. So this already large order just ballooned and I put so much shit on. They just ordered it. 

For the PTW's I would imagine buy thousands in one go, all to the same location.

When they break, they will bin them and grab a fresh one out of the backup stock. Then ask for more. 

I would imagine somewhere, there are many many dumped but good PTWs. That just need a bit of love and would be perfectly good. 

Guide Template: PLAYSTATIONTROPHIES.ORG | XBOXACHIEVEMENTS.COM

Also all the clones are SHIT.

There were made from cheap parts and always failed.

I saw two people get new DTW's at a game. They got them out the boxes, put in the batteries, magged up and both popped smoke when the ecu's melted. 

Fun times. 

On 26/01/2021 at 15:13, Groot said:

My 2008 it is current incarnation. I am fairly confident that this is one of the most beaten up and misused PTWs about. :P

First thing to be aware of. They are very picky about BB's. Do not put shit ones in. It will cost you. 
Geoffs and Valkyries work really well.  

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-26 at 13.58.04.jpeg

Best place for Parts is Ebay, Forums, www.powair6.com, https://emperionstore.com/ and https://www.haoptwart.com/ 

Gun techs you have the infamous Tackleberry but you also have Tacbelts. Both of which have Facebook pages. Careful not to upset the Tackleberry simps. 

Honestly, maintaining a PTW is total cake. The hard part is keeping the motor singing. 

FCC is very expensive and their parts can be hit and miss. That said, yours looks well put together. 

As far as I know. You should be able to put a normal PTW upper straight on. The cylinders are certainly interchangeable. 

Inner barrel, I would got with an Orga Wide 
Hop up. Using a standard Systema housing, I would go for Orga Flat Hop and cage. ( Lazer beam ). Avoid the prebuild Super Awesome pro options. They generally SUCK!
There are rails aplenty to suit your personal style. Just be aware you will need to get the uppers standard thread, re-threaded to accept Airsoft barrel nuts. ( Some of the more gucci rails come with one which accepts both )

If you do not have a second cylinder for your CQBR build. Rather than buy one, which is at least £100 for a non branded option. Just buy a second spring. 
While straight swapping cylinders is one of the main selling points of PTW. You can easily unscrew the bottom of a cylinder ( which is not under pressure FYI ) and swap out for a higher/lower spring in about 1minute and then slam the thing back into the gun.  EZ

Then source the rest of your stuff like the upper and outer barrel second hand. I've seen them go on ebay for like £30. There have been a few around on this forum too. 
I would also replace your steelie mags with Pmags. There appears to be an abundance on for sale the forums at the moment.

There is a new PTW due this year which has an entirely new gearbox with internal brushless motor and DSG Gears.
Not going change mine but the new design is nice. ( Avoid the Recoil version with the Lipo in the Mags )

Thank you for the awesome reply. It’s a shame Brexit has got in the way of UK shipping or I would be... well... I’d be broke anyway 🤣

POWAIR6 does a load of PTW stuff still as do a few other European and Eastern European retailers.... but try an order something now from Europe.... haha no chance! 

@Grootremember the Celcius CTW 😂, the one everyone thought would compete against Systema.... and that crazy rotary hop that RWA said was a game changer.... I think some Taiwan outfit has tried again to create a 'new' super hop called the TNT hop and then ORGA got onto the bandwagon too and this is all in the last 4 years....

Might have been lucky, but I put the guts of a Celcius CTW into a Systema receiver to make a "cheap" M16A2 with 3rd burst. That thing was faaaaaar more reliable than either of my PTW's. It wasn't as snappy but it worked.

The DTW was shite though.

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Dare I say it, it looks like a very cool concept. I shudder to think how much it'll cost.

Integrating a brushless motor into the lower Gearbox, is pretty clever. As 'normal' AEGs are a touch wider than real steel, I wonder if other manufacturers will pick up the concept for more mainstream use.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.