Wat Am Bset Gnu? for Real Tho)

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

35 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I expected more, had such high hopes owing to such an awesome thread title!

I'm a master at clickbait!

Gotta change my nick to Novritsch or KM.

But, if you think about it, the best gun is the one that puts a grin on your face :)

Tomorrow morning we'll find out ;)

Outdoors and maybe tournaments, I barely play CQB and I have the ARP for that *binary trigger says hi*

Bought a set of bearings, but I'm not going to replace the stock bushings yet, they seem to be made of steel so I expect them to last for quite a while before needing replaced.

Hop rubber is gonna go straight out of the box though, replaced by a Maple Leaf MR-Hop along with its Omega nub, it's a combination that works really well and lifts heavy bbs.

It's mostly a case of plugging the battery in and addressing anything I don't like.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Skara said:

I'm a master at clickbait!

Just be sure to use it to PUNASH A CHEETAR!!!

14 hours ago, Skara said:

Novritsch's are mostly just him shilling his latest product now and KM's are about how he ruined someones day. I think Silo is still King of the airsoft clickbait title.

Gotta admit, the gun does feel toyish :o

I'll make a first impressions thread, as there is absolutely fuck all online about the C02.

3BreIIB.jpg

ZSd0Psp.jpg

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Might as well be looking at a house brick 😆

what do you mean? :(

Looks alright for a budget blaster.

How is the receiver? Any front-end flex?

I'm not the biggest fan of Specna, but would consider one of these as a backup/loaner with a few tweaks to the internals.

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

what do you mean? :(

I think he's referring to the very generic nature of your gun. One brick among many thousands of near-identical ones in a wall with nothing to distinguish it from the others. Or something like that.

10 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks alright for a budget blaster.

How is the receiver? Any front-end flex?

I'm not the biggest fan of Specna, but would consider one of these as a backup/loaner with a few tweaks to the internals.

Not that I can feel. Receiver is solid despite the rough finish (it's not as smooth as say a G&P polymer receiver)

I now need to think of a clever way to wire the mosfet without eating too much battery space, my 7.4s fit comfortably in the stock, but the 11.1s are too fat and need to go in the tube.

Also the ROF on a 7.4 is a bit meh when you're used to an ARP-9 and a 11.1 lol.

10 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think he's referring to the very generic nature of your gun. One brick among many thousands of near-identical ones in a wall with nothing to distinguish it from the others. Or something like that.

Yep it's generic, but not here, where everyone wants keymod rails to be high speed operator.

M4A1 style guns are kinda rare.

1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

He's Italian... he will change his mind over an Illy coffee :P 

Illy is trash and overpriced ;)

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hah nothing offensive @Skara!

Yes meant what @Speedbird_666 said.

I doubt it'll look like that for long!

Why don't you Rhop it?

No worries ;) I clearly don't sleep enough lol.

I have tested a R-Hop comparing it to a Maple Leaf MR-Hop rubber, and the ML does the exact same thing but it's less of a pain to install. both systems sent 0.32s up to 60/65 metres with good consistency (used Geoffs for testing).

Chronoed at 0.83J on 0.25s, Swapped the stock hop rubber for a ML, now chronoes at 0.95J, bang fucking on for my limit.

The rof in a 7.4 is a bit shit though at 13 bb/s. Will check again on a 11.1 when I get the chance to wire the nanohard in.

On 12/08/2020 at 14:13, AlphaBear said:

Wash your mouth out with Soap young man.... I dare you to shout that out in Trieste... :P

Lol, for real tho, Illy coffee is overpriced for the quality, I personally use a Lavazza variety that is not available in stores, but can't remember the exact name. A hair more expensive than regular Lavazza coffee, but god it tastes so good.

It's called Lavazza In Black, it's 100% Arabica.

Anyway, suggestions for a slightly faster motor that still falls under the high torque definition? Not looking at speedsoft levels of ROF, just something that puts me in the high teens on a 7.4

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

Anyway, suggestions for a slightly faster motor that still falls under the high torque definition? Not looking at speedsoft levels of ROF, just something that puts me in the high teens on a 7.4

If you are on std gears then likely the usual SHS HT motor from Pete

roughly a 28~30k motor, decent build & bang for buck etc...

30,000 / 18.65 = 1.6 (x10 = expected rps)

maybe add on 15% for deans/fet & 320fps looking at 18rps aprox

doubt if you would hit 20rps unless it was a faster motor of say 33~35k & ultra thick wire & bit of luck

If you was using 13:1 gears then a 25k motor will do you for 18rps

possible a 22tpa motor & 13:1 gears, issue is the tpa & rpm figures of motors are like airsoft meters

(them labels vary shitloads & so called ratings a very rough ballpark figure)

The green RA motor I found to be slightly slightly slower than an old original SHS HT

say Green RA was like 28k & SHS was 30k but could be due to just sod's law in batch/spec

(slightly thinner/thicker wire in windings, efficiency in shimming of motor, magnet strength etc..)

hence the SHS/RA is imho a 28k~30k motor on std gears pulling about 11~12 amp draw say for 16~18rps 7.4v

this is give or take a round or two coz no two builds are the exact same & all that

plus lipo burst/capacity & fuck knows what else will give slightly different results

you could SS too on that barrel even but won't change much, just a slight bit of semi snap maybe

though SS & m110 should lower any slight overspin, so not need AB at 18rps

The old where you start & where do you stop I guess

If it has a basic mosfet or the ASR version I'd probably just drop the SHS HT in for 7.4v

(or just use a compact 11.1v on lame std motor for 20rps)

if it had to be opened (breaks/low compression/performance) I might SS 2 or 3 teeth at some point

The SHS HT is more of a balanced motor at 16tpa - ish & ish being the word

the ZCI HT is more worthy of the HT name at 22tpa

you just don't want a high speed motor, so a SHS HT or there abouts should do you

Swear you have this stuff on a copy paste basis now @Sitting Duck 👍

2 hours ago, Skara said:

I don't know what ratio that brick you have runs, but assuming 18ish:1 then a decent 22000 motor on an 11.1 pulling 340 FPS will get you around the 20s on ROF.

You WILL NEED active brake for that.

Or run a 9.9 LiFe which will get you in the mid/high teens without active braking.

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Swear you have this stuff on a copy paste basis now @Sitting Duck 👍

pretty much same ol' same ol' from me I guess

would have thought most would know the gist by now

SHS HT will fit the bill in many 7.4v cases on 18:1 or 13:1 depending on what you are aiming for

or

just push 11.1v on lame stock motors - eg:

AK with a large battery space stock like 28a

or

M4 with spacious fixed stock

£30 for new motor is a fair bit of an investment but worth it in numerous cases

though at the same time, you can get similar results (11.1v) for little outlay if possible

just weigh up the options and take a calculated stab at it and do it the best you can

yes should have said SHS HT (without the maths & faff)

but just showing my workings out to explain my reasoning

I know I waffle but try to simplify it

jeez some of them calculations on gear ratios & relation to motor speeds & final rps

is like a friggin' Oxford Maths paper at times, when in many cases all that geek shit is way OTT

spacer.png

gear ratio = bevel gear rotations to complete cycle x 3

motor rpm / gear ratio (x10) = rough ball park figure of expected rps on 7.4v

(x1.55 for expected rps on 11.1v)

no calculator or pen/paper required

though my fingers hurt at times & I go through keyboards every couple of months :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.