Gun retention?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I will soon (in less than 48 hours) collect my "new" arp9 and I need to buy/bodge some sort of retention to keep it from swinging around.

It's going to be my secondary for my sniper loadout, my plan is to have it hanging from my right shoulder with a bungee sling.

That will make the gun flop around when I move, so I need something to keep it from dangling. It'll be located on the right side of my belt.

Any suggestions? I am willing to sacrifice a pouch if necessary :)

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Hey all,

I will soon (in less than 48 hours) collect my "new" arp9 and I need to buy/bodge some sort of retention to keep it from swinging around.

It's going to be my secondary for my sniper loadout, my plan is to have it hanging from my right shoulder with a bungee sling.

That will make the gun flop around when I move, so I need something to keep it from dangling. It'll be located on the right side of my belt.

Any suggestions? I am willing to sacrifice a pouch if necessary :)

Nothing springs to mind without hooking it up to a carabiner. No chance on just getting a 3 point strap and slinging it onto your back? 

43 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

another small bungee with a carabiner or g-hook one one end, clip it to a belt loop/whatever over the gun. 

12687295.thumb.jpg.d885eab1ea7f25e1ea35e03a8d8e9183.jpg

Something along this line?

44 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Nothing springs to mind without hooking it up to a carabiner. No chance on just getting a 3 point strap and slinging it onto your back? 

Unfortunately it's gonna be quite hard to strap a gun to my back while wearing a backpack..

I will try to post a picture to see what I mean :)

When I carried two I used the bungee method as described and illustrated in your photo (although I had it slung behind the shoulder rather than in front and the rifle was the other way up). I used a wide piece of OD elastic I could just pull up over the stock to keep it out the way whilst the rifles sling held the shoulder position - essentially locked in two points. The elastic was attached to my rucksack rather than belt. Worked fairly well but it's not a quick transition! :D

OK reading back it's nothing like the photo but it is in essence. lol :lol:

• Supporters

If you do want a fast’ish transition you could use Velcro instead of the carabiner ; 

Get 75x50mm hook and loop one piece of each , take the loop and either stitch it to the belt or to a panel that you can mount to the belt , the piece of hook stitch the bungee to one end and something you can pull on (25mm webbing looped over/para cord looped/etc) so the Velcro hook becomes a tear off panel to release the bungee. I’ve made a couple in the past for other players and they’ve been more than happy with the system I made .👍

https://goo.gl/images/4nhpxU

I have this sling, in black.

I'm not using it anymore as it is black and it isn't really well designed for what I bought it for.

I could remove one of the shoulder bungees and bodge it with a plastic carabiner..

@Druid799Druid799 can you post some pics of your work?

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Skara said:

@Druid799Druid799 can you post some pics of your work?

Sorry mate I don’t have one my self but I’m sure I can bodge a ‘what it would look like’ together if you want ?

edit ; 

here you go bud a ruff idea of what I’m waffling about ! 😁

127BA968-71E0-4B59-BD49-276F0D79618D.jpeg

Thanks mate.

I think I have found a somewhat decent option:

P_20181221_144646_vHDR_Auto_1.thumb.jpg.e1f0728e6169d2094a21369451234a1e.jpg

The piece on the right is the actual sling, attached to the backpack and coming down the right shoulder;

The piece on the left is the weapon catch, which will be attached to a female repair buckle on the belt and the carabiner on the other side, still on the belt.

• Moderators

what about a Blackhawk weapons catch, I've got 2 of the belt mounted type in black, your welcome to one if its any good to you ?

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Skara said:

bungee sling

<triggered>

9q0h.gif

I would rather use any old sling, even repurposed from a cheap holdall.   And I do.  Or paracord at a pinch.

53 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<triggered>

I would rather use any old sling, even repurposed from a cheap holdall.   And I do.  Or paracord at a pinch.

Hue.

That's what I did. I was going to ditch that crap anyway. Saved me some cash.

Will see how it performs this Sunday, and if it's a keeper... Well, it's a keeper 😆

Archived