Nuprol polymer holsters

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody own one?

If so could you comment on how securely they retain the gun when say running on hard ground.

I have one but haven't yet used it for skirmishing. The soft oneswith velcro and straps that fit onto molle belts look more secure.

Whether they are or not, I don't know.

• Supporters

fabric holsters by and large are garbage, NUPROL just rebrand chinese stuff so I expect their holsters will be as good as any other chinese clone of a Blackhawk! Serpa.  

If you're really worried about losing the gun then buy a real holster, the cost difference is less than you might think. 

the nuprol holsters are clones of IMI defense holsters and actually work quite well. in fact I havent had any issues with my G17 running one as a drop leg holster. 

• Supporters

i run drop leg for both 1911 and 226 and for both it's always been secure, i've had maybe 2 or 3 instances of pistol loss over 2 years and in all cases it was due to lying on the holster rather than actually running.

couldnt reccommend those fabric ones, first time out i found out their penchant for dropping mags on you.

• Supporters

If concerned about loosing your pistol get a laniard for it , I use one of the coil springy ones on all my pistols .

• Mostly Retired Moderators

+1 for a lanyard.

Can lose it if it's tethered to you.

Also, @emilianoksa, don't forget to check out the Warrior Universal Pistol Holster.

Holds my glock so well that I've started trusting it without a lanyard! 

You can see a post I made with some photos here:

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Does anybody own one?

If so could you comment on how securely they retain the gun when say running on hard ground.

I have one but haven't yet used it for skirmishing. The soft oneswith velcro and straps that fit onto molle belts look more secure.

Whether they are or not, I don't know.

I have one for the WE P226R - it holds it fine, no chance of falling out. I filed down the locking nub a tiny bit because it kept catching when depressing the button - usually with gloves on - and now it’s just fine.

Wouldn’t buy another though - I got a Safariland GLS off Amazon for £50 for a glock 19 and I haven’t looked back since.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

If concerned about loosing your pistol get a laniard for it , I use one of the coil springy ones on all my pistols .

This, 100% this.

Because when it falls from your holster its much better than finding out when you need to draw.

I have a material holster by... One Tigris... (kel surprise) and it's great. Holds one spare mag, well. Has a button strap over the top and a click buckle. My pistol is going nowhere!

Archived