CYMA cm701B or cm702A snipers which one? Plz help

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone I'm particularly new to airsoft sniping, I'm having a headache sexing which of these two snipers to buy. There both ideal for me. Here's a couple of links I'd really like to know which you guys would buy as it will help immensely.

Here's the link for the CYMA 701 bar 10.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/cyma-cm701b-vsr-bar-10-flat-black.htm#.VajtzIm9LCT

Here's the link for the 702 which comes with 3 magazines and two springs although I'd only use the 500fps one. Is it difficult to switch the springs around?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/cyma-cm702a-flutted-m24-black.htm#.Vajdz4m9LCS

The main answer I need is which is better as the same price but one has 3x mags. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!

Is this your first gun? Have you had time to play and figure your own play style?

If you're still new to airsoft I'd really reccomend getting an AEG before trying sniping.

Sniping is hard and requires a certain... Sense of humour. as the slightest gust will throw your shots miles off target and those that do hit centre mass might not even be felt or heard.

If you're an airsoft veteran and trying it out then that's fair enough, but I don't have a clue which sniper would be the best, just that the words on the vine say you'll probably need to faff about upgrading it first before it's good enough to skirmish. For a similar price though, you can check for some second hand ones on here that already have upgraded parts

• Supporters

Firstly hi and welcome.

Secondly if this is your first gun I assume you don't have your UKARA registration in place yet so you'll need to have the gun two toned.

Thirdly and probably most importantly, don't get a sniper rifle for your first gun. Seriously, buy an AEG run around and hive fun. The general consensus is that sniper rifles are a very good way to spend a lot of money not getting very far.

That said, if your heart is set on the long guns then there's PLENTY of aftermarket upgrades around for the VSR/BAR 10.

Hey Grover thanks for the words of wisdom, I am relatively new but I do feel sniping is for me, I'm a pretty good shot. The place I'm going has a 20 meter M.E.D so I'm planning to stay near the action. Ill have a look at the second hand ones but worried about reliability as second hand products haven't always been good to me. Would still like to know which is better out of those two but thanks for your help.

I'm also going use .43g so wind gusts etc shouldn't be to much of a variant. Thanks for your info again :)

Hi Lozart thanks for your info. I am pretty set on sniping. And I know I'm going against the grain with sniping first but I really want a bolt action.

So Lozart you'd go for the vsr bar 10? Anything wrong with the other one I looked at?

Ooo any reviews or the l96? I've heard it's inaccurate is it really bad?

Firstly hi and welcome.

Secondly if this is your first gun I assume you don't have your UKARA registration in place yet so you'll need to have the gun two toned.

Thirdly and probably most importantly, don't get a sniper rifle for your first gun. Seriously, buy an AEG run around and hive fun. The general consensus is that sniper rifles are a very good way to spend a lot of money not getting very far.

That said, if your heart is set on the long guns then there's PLENTY of aftermarket upgrades around for the VSR/BAR 10.

Thanks for the welcome aswell Lozart I've had a look at the second hand guns some were ideal but they were allready sold, and all the others are around £300 which is to much for me.

• Supporters

I don't think there's anything wrong with the M24 at all. There are better people here to advise on sniping and upgrades to be fair, just that I know there's a LOT of upgrades available for the VSR10 platform should you need them. I quite like both and have been considering dipping a toe myself so I'm just as interested in the outcome of your thread! :)

Pretty everyone will say they're a "good shot" with a sniper rifle even though they've had nilch experience with them... ('-.-)

A lot of new players say they wanna get into sniping (I did at first as well) because they think they are gonna be able to sit back, relax and easily pick out players and follow them with every shot. In reality, 90% of the time that won't happen. Plus you only get one shot, if you miss, it can be very frustrating.

I understand that normally a new player will be hiding away but I'm planning to sit right behind the front lines and fill in all the empty spots on the flanks. Still making sure I'm in the action.

My experience is with pistols and air rifles so I have a small amount but not loads of experience.

Just to add to the mix. Heavyweight ammo won't stop your bbs flying off in a gust. No ammo will.

We're shooting these incredibly light bits of plastic at each other so they don't do any damage. Anything that light is at the mercy of aerodynamics and wind, which is why hop-ups are so good, you don't need crazy rotation to generate lift

Good to know thanks Grover. Both of the rifles have adjustable hop ups. It's mostly about the extra magazines. Do I need them? Should I just get the bar 10?

I don't think any of the CYMA sniper rifles are very popular, so you probably won't find many people with em.

I heard conflicting things; that they are off-spec and will not accept Tokyo Marui style parts (as a lot of sniper rifles are basically based off the original gun which was first made by TM) and on the other hand they do more closely resemble the TM (same dimensions etc) so you can upgrade em.

Speaking of which the thing is you need to be prepared to spend like £200 AT LEAST solely on upgrades to make sniper rifles be truly worth using over an AEG - otherwise you are completely disadvantaged. Performance with stock rifles is generally the same except lower ROF / mag capacity etc

Also with buying these guns in the UK you're looking at them being a lot more expensive than European retailers like TaiwanGun.

In fact speaking of which, Patrol Base seem to have 50%+ of their stock from TaiwanGun now...a lot of 8FIELDS products with Polish labels on em.

Finally magazines could be potentially problematic as I don't know the availability of spares is. Again if it's a direct TM replica of a VSR for example then you can use other manufacturers magazines (JG/TM etc) but otherwise they may not sell extra mags at all. This appears to be the case with my A&K M24.

I own the CYMA 701b. Purchased from Taiwangun for £80.

To begin with:

If you are comfortable to lay down, wait for about 30 minutes for one kill, and move on then carry on.

Onto the gun itself:

The Gun breaks into three sections,

The furniture is Plastic, make no mistakes. As such it is very light, this can be fixed by using weights / poly filler or whichever. (I actually would suggest using filler of some kind, as it removes the reverbrations of sound from inside the furniture)

The Barrel / Trigger Mech / Cylinder are the heaviest parts, and in balance it easily requires a strong support arm otherwise you're going to have a bad time balancing.

There is a trigger guard which comes seperately and requires you to attach it to the trigger mech before then attaching to the furniture. Three screws, farily secure with no movement.

As for upgrades, this will completely accept VSR10 uprgades. - Check here for a complete list of parts / and a guide to doing so.

It fires (Chronoed personally and at shop):

.2 = 490 FPS

.36 = 365 FPS

For aethsetics you can potentially buy a M700 wood furniture for this, and with a little bit of work, it will sit snugly.

As for the mags comment above, you get 3 with the gun from TWG and each one after is £10 a pop

My main concerns with the rifle out of the box?

It has a crimped metal cylinder. This WILL become fragile and break with wear, So I completely suggest changing it sooner than later.

It is light, as mentioned above.

There are no sling loops.

Anything you would like to know specifically?

Hi Tad thanks for your comment. It's great to ear from someone who has one of the guns. Main question for me is when you got it out the box was it accurate and what scope are you using? Sling mount arnt a big deal I'm mostly going to carrying it.

Does Taiwanese guns have a two toning option? I'm not registered yet.

OP, you're not the first who wanted to enter the sport this way, I was one too - though I dropped that notion before I started using airsoft forums, because of all the naysayers, I applaud your tenacity at going into airsoft this way.

Please do keep us up to date on how you find entering the sport by this vector.

No objection to the weight, but Is 0.43g safe to use at 20 metres MED?

The AFUK app says the force in Joules of a [500 [email protected]] gun firing 0.43g (341fps) BB is the same as on a gun which fires 500fps with 0.2g. = 2.32

Edited by Sacarathe

Thanks dude I will keep you guys informed. And if you've any tips, I'll take them onboard.

2.45 joules doesn't equal 345 fps surely 344 is only a 110 mps I think

Thanks dude I will keep you guys informed. And if you've any tips, I'll take them onboard.

2.45 joules doesn't equal 345 fps surely 344 is only a 110 mps I think

As long as you always chronograph with 0.2g BBs (for the purposes of shooting people) you've nothing to worry about. Some airsofters will disagree (at least that's been my experience), but if you're not shooting people you can up the FPS and energy to whatever you like*.

Airsoft guns are only airsoft guns because they are safe to shoot people - IMO.

*try to avoid pushing the gun into a different firearm category though (for legal reasons :) ).

• Supporters

I understand that normally a new player will be hiding away but I'm planning to sit right behind the front lines and fill in all the empty spots on the flanks. Still making sure I'm in the action.

My experience is with pistols and air rifles so I have a small amount but not loads of experience.

You do realise that there is very little difference in range and accuracy between a sniper rifle and a decent aeg. Your going to spend most of your day just getting peppered by the people who can go full auto. Very few people make sniping wprk in airsoft, listen to the good advice above and go for an aeg look at the m14 it will suit you better.

As long as you always chronograph with 0.2g BBs (for the purposes of shooting people) you've nothing to worry about. Some airsofters will disagree (at least that's been my experience), but if you're not shooting people you can up the FPS and energy to whatever you like*.

Airsoft guns are only airsoft guns because they are safe to shoot people - IMO.

*try to avoid pushing the gun into a different firearm category though (for legal reasons :) ).

Just got back from work my plan isn't to hurt people just to have fun so if I'm to upgrade the gun it would be for accuaracy. And it's only for airsofting so I'll be sticking to my sites requirements and stuff.

Still need some help on which to buy leaning towards the vsr bar 10. Everyone else?

You do realise that there is very little difference in range and accuracy between a sniper rifle and a decent aeg. Your going to spend most of your day just getting peppered by the people who can go full auto. Very few people make sniping wprk in airsoft, listen to the good advice above and go for an aeg look at the m14 it will suit you better.

Yeah dude I do relize this. But I still want a sniper. That's why I started this thread tbh. Don't wanna sound like a dick but I'm going sniper commando on the haters. Maybe even get a fake green Beria so no stolen valour.

When I get peppered ill retreat find suitable cover then push up on their flanks. Don't forget I'm going to be just behind the front lines so most of the attention will be on the assult guys.

• Supporters

Yeah dude I do relize this. But I still want a sniper. That's why I started this thread tbh. Don't wanna sound like a dick but I'm going sniper commando on the haters. Maybe even get a fake green Beria so no stolen valour.

When I get peppered ill retreat find suitable cover then push up on their flanks. Don't forget I'm going to be just behind the front lines so most of the attention will be on the assult guys.

Fair enough its your money.

Have you actually played a proper game of airsoft yet?

I own the CYMA 701b. Purchased from Taiwangun for £80.

To begin with:

If you are comfortable to lay down, wait for about 30 minutes for one kill, and move on then carry on.

Onto the gun itself:

The Gun breaks into three sections,

The furniture is Plastic, make no mistakes. As such it is very light, this can be fixed by using weights / poly filler or whichever. (I actually would suggest using filler of some kind, as it removes the reverbrations of sound from inside the furniture)

The Barrel / Trigger Mech / Cylinder are the heaviest parts, and in balance it easily requires a strong support arm otherwise you're going to have a bad time balancing.

There is a trigger guard which comes seperately and requires you to attach it to the trigger mech before then attaching to the furniture. Three screws, farily secure with no movement.

As for upgrades, this will completely accept VSR10 uprgades. - Check here for a complete list of parts / and a guide to doing so.

It fires (Chronoed personally and at shop):

.2 = 490 FPS

.36 = 365 FPS

For aethsetics you can potentially buy a M700 wood furniture for this, and with a little bit of work, it will sit snugly.

As for the mags comment above, you get 3 with the gun from TWG and each one after is £10 a pop

My main concerns with the rifle out of the box?

It has a crimped metal cylinder. This WILL become fragile and break with wear, So I completely suggest changing it sooner than later.

It is light, as mentioned above.

There are no sling loops.

Anything you would like to know specifically?

Hi dude thanks for your comment really helpful! Would like to know more check underneath your first comment for my reply.

I didn't know the gun broke into 3 parts this has spooked me could you please take a pic of the gun disassembled (you don't have to) beacuse the trigger guard is the spook. How does it connect to the gun? This is the only photo I'd really like to see of the gun tbh mate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.