What gun should I buy?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am looking for some inspiration on what gun to buy. I am a big fan of assault and marksman rifles. I have a budget of £450. If anyone could post their loadout and good ways to make the gun more effective. Any tips on what kind of model to get are really appreciated. I'm located in Manchester, so if somebody knows a good place to buy from in-store/online would be a god-send. Sorry if there has already been a thread about this.

First & foremost

Are you UKARA registered as that has a bearing on what you can get

Can you narrow it down a bit more, like at all? At least to ones you just like the look of...or:

Since you already have an M4, do you want another AR platform? Should your new gun be able to use AR magazines? Do you want it for CQB, or woodland?

Would you plan to do a DMR set up, high ROF gun etc etc

Do you want a lot of external customisability? If so an M4 would be great but an AUG, SG55x and so on won't have that many options

TM Recoil rifles are ~ £415+

You could get a Tippmann M4 for £400 but would be £50 for the air tank, you should factor in the cost of batteries / ammo etc depending on the gun if you don't have any already.

There's also a loadout thread and gun picture thread for inspiration as well - and 'Places to Buy' for store recommendations.

In terms of making a gun more effective isn't always worth the time or necessary. For example, like the TM Recoils shouldn't need any upgrades -besides maybe a slightly higher power spring as they only shoot about 250 OOTB AFAIK- Just do general maintenance and use quality BBs, that is the easiest way to get good performance from any airsoft gun.

First, do what everybody should do and complete the two month hire gun pilgrimage.

By then you should have figured out how you like to play, and what kind of gun you suit, whether it's a light gun, a heavy gun, a gas gun, an electric gun, a machine gun, a dmr or anywhere in between.

I personally like having a light gun as my rig is heavy enough, and I most enjoy close quarters indoor fighting, rather than outdoor full-auto fest spraying, where I usually grab my AEG and it's the only time I would consider using a high-cap.

On the other hand, my mate loves having one gun and a high cap, leading a charge whilst laying down some crazy suppressing fire, he wears little gear on him and so can run at the enemy all day.

Were all different. And you probably don't play like each of us because you have your own style

A good place to start is by popping into the shop at Trojan Airsoft in stockport. The guys there are pretty knowledgable and they have a great selection of every style of gun across all ranges on the wall. Alternatively jump over the pennines to Patrol Base, in Huddersfield.

The best way to make any gun more effective is to make yourself more effective, the best way to get better is to put boots on the ground and play more and play better. It is that simple. Tighter barrels, stronger motors, cnc gears, mosfets, short stroking, 349fps and high voltage batteries ect , won't make you any better on the field. The only exception being good quality, weighty BBs.

iv just bought a magpul pts rm4 erg and its probs the best i have its accuracy and realism of the recoil is awesome i got it from land warrior airsoft for 357.99 with extra mag and delivery the cheapest around.

iv just bought a magpul pts rm4 erg and its probs the best i have its accuracy and realism of the recoil is awesome i got it from land warrior airsoft for 357.99 with extra mag and delivery the cheapest around.

Thanks, i think i might have to go with this gun as it is perfect for my price range.

With that budget you can buy pretty much any AEG on the market. I quite like the look of the new Krytac SPR.

The PTS RM4 is quite a cool gun aswell. If i was getting a new gun it would be one of those 2 i think,

thanks. is the fps on the guns any good?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.