AFUK Team members and The Mall Reading

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry I didn't even notice this thread. I was there on that day too, on the orange team. In the last game, the head marshal who was leaving just wandered up to a group of us and knife killed just about all of us one after the other until I panicked and managed to shoot him. Lots of people standing around in a huddle looking confused there.

I was in that group.... oh the shame....

Yeah it was awesome. Made up for that previous attack/defend gametype, didn't go much on that.

I'm going to assume you were green as didn't see many oranges on that last game, it was basically their terminator vs ours and us with personalities scattered about. Think most oranges were on the balcony.

I was Orange actually.. Spent the whole game in the basement, then ducked out before the end as the rest of my mates had given up by then and I was the driver lol..

The personalities can really make things confusing, especially when they are at range, no way of telling if they are rogue or on your team or what. Or at short range when you round a corner and there is one right in your face. In the future I'll be shooting first and asking questions later I think.

Next visit for me will be the 20th I think.

The personalities can really make things confusing, especially when they are at range, no way of telling if they are rogue or on your team or what. Or at short range when you round a corner and there is one right in your face. In the future I'll be shooting first and asking questions later I think.

Next visit for me will be the 20th I think.

Yeah just shoot any 'personality' soon as you see them unless they're obviously with your team. Worst case scenario you just have to 'medic' them into your own team again. Well perhaps worst-case scenario would be if you shot them, got shot by the other team and they then captured them.

Does anyone else notice that regulars at the Mall tend to be on the green team... or is it just me?

I would say its just you... Having been 8 times or so now I can say it normally seems an even split to me

I would say its just you... Having been 8 times or so now I can say it normally seems an even split to me

I was beginning to wonder. The few times I've been on the orange team I always seem to be surrounded by first timers. I mostly go on Thursday nights though... not sure if that makes any difference.

• Supporters

I was beginning to wonder. The few times I've been on the orange team I always seem to be surrounded by first timers. I mostly go on Thursday nights though... not sure if that makes any difference.

Blind luck. After the first game the marshals will try and balance the teams if they can.

I might be there Sunday....but for walk on so gotta be there bright and early :P. Going to try my new m9 Beretta...probably get ruined!

will be all black camo....if you notice ne with two toned mp5SD tap me on shoulder :)

Its just me then. Human nature to think up conspiracy theories when you're getting your ass kicked. :-)

After the first game everyone has to choose whether to keep or remove the tape. Perhaps there's a bit of unspoken tactical tape removal/keeping, but if there's a secret facebook group or something then i'm not in the know hehe!

There's definitely a group of local regulars who seem to know each other in day-to-day life and they usually seem to be on same team, but in my mind that's no different to any other group of mates being on same team.

There's definately twice as many regular lone-gunmen like myself or triggerhappy for example, and the marshals seem good at splitting regulars between the teams, they ask for show of hands after first game.

Last time i went couple weeks back all the regular faces kept the orange tape, but where quickly split between the two teams. I've been switched to other team halfway through the day a few times.

Yeah, I've been split up before too. Last Thursday was so one sided though that I guess it made me think otherwise.

Thursday nights have far less players than Sundays so the odds that it could end up beign unbalanced is greater I reckon.

Sometimes things can be well one-sided in terms of wining points/objectives, but they don't seem to split it up unless one teams spent a game or two pinned down outside their spawn.

• Supporters

Sometimes things can be well one-sided in terms of wining points/objectives, but they don't seem to split it up unless one teams spent a game or two pinned down outside their spawn.

I have been asked to change sides once when it was one sided and the other team were constantly getting pinned. I actually like being on the bad teams side it gives you more opportunities to shoot people and really get stuck in.

• Head Moderator

I am thinking about trying The Mall for the first time this Sunday, providing that I get a leave pass from the wife. What time does it open?

Doors open at 08:15, they have 20 walk-on slots, and I'm told they've only had them all used up a couple of times this year so not booking isn't a big risk (although open to sods law of course)

I usually book and turn up about 08:40, which gives me enough time to get chrono'd (usually a 10-15 person queue for chrono by that time so takes about 15 minutes), and then still have enough time to sort my kit out before the safety brief

• Supporters

Doors open at 08:15, they have 20 walk-on slots, and I'm told they've only had them all used up a couple of times this year so not booking isn't a big risk (although open to sods law of course)

I usually book and turn up about 08:40, which gives me enough time to get chrono'd (usually a 10-15 person queue for chrono by that time so takes about 15 minutes), and then still have enough time to sort my kit out before the safety brief

Must have been every time I was there! If there's spaces available you're still better off booking. There's a calendar on the website: http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/calendar/ and it seems there's still spaces for this Sunday. Drop an email to [email protected] with you name, walk on/rental and the site and date you want to book. They usually reply pretty quickly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.