General election

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

And this is what sticks in my craw, the SNP had their shot during the Referendum and lost badly. Now they are effectively holding the rest of the country to ransom with their General Election mandate on topics that don't just affect Jockistan. Its the political equivalent of a kiddie stamping and yelling and going off in a huff when they don't get their own way.

And this is what sticks in my craw, the SNP had their shot during the Referendum and lost badly. Now they are effectively holding the rest of the country to ransom with their General Election mandate on topics that don't just affect Jockistan. Its the political equivalent of a kiddie stamping and yelling and going off in a huff when they don't get their own way.

Jockistan?

That's a little insulting

Just to say, the RoI did okay with the pound following their succession from the UK, and then even better with the Punt which was pegged to the pound. It was the Euro that sent things tits up.

According to the act of Union England and Scotland are equal partners, making the pound as much Scotland's as Englands. It would be the ultimate irony to see the Bank of England deny Scotland use of the pound considering a Scotsman was one of the founders of it.

Scotland has always voted predominatly Labour, after their piss poor show post-referendum they've effectively given every seat they ever held over to the SNP.

I'll leave this arguement now as I'm sick of the superiority complexes everyone is showing. We're all humans, and all equal - what the idiots at the top say means nothing.

To para-phrase game of thrones " Power doesn't exist. It is but a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow". They only have power because we give it to them, we're governed by consent. People need to remember that, if we want revolution in the way things are done politically in this country we need to get up off our sofas, take a break from watching corrie or whatever mind numbing bollocks is on the telly and campaign or fight for what we want. Sitting on an airsoft forum ranting and raving, bickering with each other like a 13 year old girl on a facebook status serves no benefit to anyone.

An no - to anyone mentally challenged enough to think that was directed at rousing a Scottish rebellion, it was directed at everyone. We'll have to work together and get over your feeling of difference towards people on the other side of an imaginary line formed hundreds of years ago. The borders shifted a lot, Edinburgh was the capital of an English kingdom, as was Glasgow the capital of a Welsh kingdom, and also part of an Irish one. We're all of the same land, start f*cking acting like it instead of succumbing to the imaginary boundaries implaced on you by the shadows on the wall who want to maintain their power over you. The lines wouldn't exist if it wasn't for King's to show everyone else how big their manhood is by showing how far they've raped and pillaged.

I think its quite apt, full of rabid lunatics in a place no one in their right mind would want to go. Seems to fit.

PS Its called banter....and I don't care if you are offended.

Teddybhoy, yes the Punt was tied to the Pound but it wasn't the same as the pound. Important difference.

I think its quite apt, full of rabid lunatics in a place no one in their right mind would want to go. Seems to fit.

PS Its called banter....and I don't care if you are offended.

Coventry isn't that bad

Teddybhoy, yes the Punt was tied to the Pound but it wasn't the same as the pound. Important difference.

If the Free state was formed in '22 , and the punt wasn't introduced until '28 , thats 6 years using the pound, gave us enough time to negotiate a deal to peg ourselves to the pound.

I'm not trying to cause any more friction here, just explain that it would have been possible. If the Irish and the British could negotiate that THEN, in context with what had been happening, I see no reason why an Independent Scotland and the remainder of the UK couldn't come to a similar agreement under the relatively less militarized and hate filled atmosphere of 2015.

It wasn't me who brought independence up but it seems to be a weapon used in any debate now.

Scotland voted no because there was a fear campain ran from westminister. Something that was promised before the referendum wouldn't happen.

And the union was forced upon Scotland and I'm sure Wales also.

image.jpg1_zpscdswqnwt.jpg

Christ thats big

Edited by JamesAirsofterAgent

Yes the Free State was introduced in 1922 but it wasn't a separate country was it - still had dominion status and was in the Commonwealth till 1948. I know my Irish history mate being from Belfast....;p

Whilst that's true, we did remain a dominion, the Balfour Treaty of 1926 recognised us aswell as all the other dominons of the British empire as autonomoous, not to patronise you mate as I'm fully aware you'll know what it means because I can tell you're an intelligent bloke, but for the sake of those who dont know:

Government.
  1. self-governing; independent; subject to its own laws only.
  2. pertaining to an autonomy, or a self-governing community.

2. having autonomy; not subject to control from outside; independent:

That'd still mean two years "independent" and using the pound :P

Anyway we could throw arguements back and forth till the end of time, we're just using up server space eh lol!

My family's from S. Armargh and Donegal.

My Mum's family is all from Loughiel in Antrim and my Gran was from Ballynahinch. I was born in Ballymoney, mostly raised in Coleraine and now live in England. Miss home but don't miss the bullshit that goes with everyday life, which I am sure you of all people understand about the North!

Uft you're no wrong at all there mate. Had the misfortune of growing up in London so always got stick for being Irish and Scottish :lol: It's a shame people can't leave the sectarian crap in the past. Glasgow is getting better, it all seems to have turned into friendly banter. If Celtic and Rangers can manage that then theres some hope left in the world eh!

cba to read the debate above, i would vote ukip but i cant i have 1 more year to go, but my dad,sister and mother are all voting UKIP as with 90% of the people i know. they speak the truth, people used to call them racist but their leadership, manifesto and 99.9% of members arent, its just a few who might be closet racists and if they get found out they get expelled and barred from the party. farage speaks the truth and his manifesto looks good, as for the other parties, the torys seem to have the right ideas, if they where to committ to 2% of GDP on defence i would probably try to get family and friends to vote for them, but considering they havnt, i just cant help them out to family and friends, considering i am signing up to the army within the next week, it would be harder for me to get a place due to the man power cuts. im not really bothered about other issues as they all say the same stuff really. Before anyone says i dont know what im saying, im currently studying politics at A-level and i plan to do a politics degree later on.

if you want to question me please do, im always happy to anwser questions on UKIP as long as they arent stupid questions like "why are you a racist" because i am not personally, nor are UKIP as a party, where ever you are from what ever your heritage is, we all the same on the inside so i dont get why anyone would have a problem with people from other races. but any questions on policy or stances on issues please dont hesitate to ask as i know quite a fair bit on UKIP.

cba to read the debate above, i would vote ukip but i cant i have 1 more year to go, but my dad,sister and mother are all voting UKIP as with 90% of the people i know. they speak the truth, people used to call them racist but their leadership, manifesto and 99.9% of members arent, its just a few who might be closet racists and if they get found out they get expelled and barred from the party. farage speaks the truth and his manifesto looks good, as for the other parties, the torys seem to have the right ideas, if they where to committ to 2% of GDP on defence i would probably try to get family and friends to vote for them, but considering they havnt, i just cant help them out to family and friends, considering i am signing up to the army within the next week, it would be harder for me to get a place due to the man power cuts. im not really bothered about other issues as they all say the same stuff really. Before anyone says i dont know what im saying, im currently studying politics at A-level and i plan to do a politics degree later on.

if you want to question me please do, im always happy to anwser questions on UKIP as long as they arent stupid questions like "why are you a racist" because i am not personally, nor are UKIP as a party, where ever you are from what ever your heritage is, we all the same on the inside so i dont get why anyone would have a problem with people from other races. but any questions on policy or stances on issues please dont hesitate to ask as i know quite a fair bit on UKIP.

Where do you stand on forgein aid getting cut?

As you want to join the army humanitarian work could be part of your job. Also UKIPs answer to most problems is reduce immigration. With our ageing population and work shy attitude by a lot of our younger generation our economy wouldn't cope.

Where do you stand on forgein aid getting cut?

As you want to join the army humanitarian work could be part of your job. Also UKIPs answer to most problems is reduce immigration. With our ageing population and work shy attitude by a lot of our younger generation our economy wouldn't cope.

well i feel in times of serious austerity and hardship for people in the UK sending a billion pounds a month abroad probably isnt the best option, so i believe in foreign aid but not in the numbers its at now.

Yes it could quite possibly yes,im not against foreign aid as a whole just in the numbers it is at now. i wouldn't say their answer to most problems is to reduce immigration but the stance is that if we did cut down on immigration then a lot of public services wont be under as much pressure, Well i agree the younger generation is work shy, but if wages where to increase then this will help, with taking the lowest earners out of income tax which UKIP propose i believe that will help, and also british workers not being able to employ foreign workers at a stupidly low wage rate, because their wont be enough of them for all workers to employ unskilled labour at a low wage rate this will encourage an increase in wages hopefully increasing incentives for younger generations to work as the money they earn will be worth it. Hope this is answers what you where asking :)

That isn't a stupid question to ask at all.

yes it is? UKIP isnt a racist party, you cant say that just because a few EX members where racist or a few EX candidates said racist things then they are racist. it is very hard for a new party to gain 650 candidates and thousands of councilors who are qualified for the job who arent already snatched up by other parties without a few being bad eggs, and at every point the party leadership has cracked down and been very strict on people saying stupid stuff, by expelling them from the party. you should look at the amount of labour or tory members and candidates who say racist, homophobic and down right horrible stuff. its just UKIP gets reported on more because they are a new party. im all for scrutiny of parties but there has to be a line where it becomes stupid with other parties not being reported on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.