Not impressed

Jack Reacher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well I've had Rs type 56-2 for a few weeks now & gotta say overall I'm not impressed by it I suspect I've got a wrongun ,range is poor ,power is low ,accuracy is only good at short distances & to top it off today on its 2nd skirmish it won't fire properly on semi ? Any ideas anyone .cheers Jack

What do you mean by its not firing properly on semi? Could be a variety of potential problems (jamming the gearbox temporarily or failing to discharge the round etc etc).

Have you had the FPS of the gun tested? Might be an idea to do so and just make sure something isn't obviously wrong in the pneumatics of the gun and that its compressing air sufficiently.

It was chronoed a couple of weeks ago & it was was 285/290 fps .It fires a couple of shots on semi then make a crunching sound .To be honest I was expecting a lot better performance overall but it's not much better than the hire guns .Its not a mag problem because it did it on all 6 mags I've got .Is it still covered under warranty as I've only had 6/7 weeks & it was only its second skirmish today .cheers jack

Send it back under warranty, ring them tomorrow, explain what's going on with it

Unfortunately its not like a car when you know whats wrong before sticking it in for repair to see if they actually do it

A metallic crunching noise could be the gears crashing against the anti reversal latch, although I can't say I have ever heard it myself so its not a normal noise. Could also just be the gears are not shimmed well and its making a lot of noise when the gears are stopped immediately on anti reversal, that could very well make quite a bit of noise. Or it could be something like the tappet or nozzle scrapping on something. Its an open it up and look for the damage/wear type of description that one I am afraid. Which since its in warranty I would just send it back and let the retailer send you a nice new working one, especially since the FPS is sounding on the low side as well.

As stated above, its usually bad gear meshing plus lack of greasing, if they sort it out they can upgrade a few bits for you at the same time

Well fingers crossed mate it dont happen again

Shame it turned out to be such a dog & your next one will be much better

• Supporters

Send it back, its under warrenty so they should just send you a new one. In that case you should get one with a better fps. I wouldn't mention upgrades yet.

Most guns work good enough out of the box that upgrading too early will end up causing you pain in the long run.

I have 2 ICS guns, 1 L85 that I bought first and after 6 months I started tinkering, I upgraded all sorts and my tinkering has had some good but also some bad effects. I now rarely skirmish this one because it's not as good as the stock M4 I bought as a backup. I will continue to mess about with the L85 and if I decide to upgrade the M4 down the road I'll send it to a reputable gun tech rather than do it myself I'll also not do it till the L85 is working sweetly.

I had exactly the same issue with my 56-1 - turned out it was a stripped piston. Fire Support whipped it out and added a new spring - hey presto 60m shooting gun....

Well it's getting picked up on third-Friday & I'm gonna have the spring upgraded is it honestly worth having any further upgrades done whilst it's there ie hop rubber ,bucking ,air nozzle because they the parts don't cost that much & whilst it's apart it would be easier as I don't wanna mess about in the future.Honest opinions Wellcome .cheers jack

I upgraded the piston in my CM16 cause the plastic teeth got stripped so I swapped out the piston head, cylinder head and nozzle but then had to downgrade to an M90 spring

If you ask them to upgrade those parts, they can put in the relevant spring then

• Supporters

Who did you buy it from? Please let us know how it is when it comes back to you.

Guest PT247

get it shooting right before upgrading, your spring, bucking and nub are probably all fine but the mechanical issue is dropping your fps. Then if you feel it lacking look at sorting a new barrel, bucking, nub which you can change yourself

• Supporters

Yeah, definitely see what it's like after the retailer has sorted it out - RS guns have a good reputation for performance as well as looks, unlike many other expensive guns which often look great but perform averagely well or worse. When you get it back, if it has been properly sorted out, you should be able to hit an A4 paper sized target @50m 9/10 shots as long as the air is pretty still.

I haven't got a clue what's wrong with it I'm sure it wil be l sorted ,I'm gonna upgrade the spring anyway because its not gonna be used for cqb & I'm sure it will be better nearer to 350 fps after all there made for higher fps than that & Id just Aswell get it done whilst they've got it apart .I Personaly woulsnt open one up as I'm not great with Fidley things so I'll leave that to those that are.cheers jack

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.