Sign in to follow this  
Jack Reacher

how many shots should I get from a lipo 7.4 battery?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

depends on the MAH (e.g 2600) but a 2600mah could last me a week of skirmishing i'm pretty sure, basically phenomenally more than I ever needed

Even using a 1600 mah 8.4v NiMH, I still swap them out when its lunch time

I forgot to do this when my eldest son was using one of my rifles, the battery was hot because it couldn't supply the current needed for the motor and was just heating up

I haven't touched it for a month to let the cells settle and fingers crossed its not knackered ??

Yeah if you want to use auto at all, or high caps, I'd get two or 3 if it's under 1500mah.

I use a 7.4lipo 2300mah and it lasted me a day easily my 1600mah nimh lasts a day Aswell. it depends how much you shoot. I tend to go through 500-600 a day and it says go by the rule 1 shot = 1mah

Depends. If you're crazy trigger happy like me, and easily go through 3000+ bbs a day, get 2 large lipos that have 2000+ mAh and you're set.

Christ, I got 4x 5000mah 7.4 lipos, they should last about 3 to 5 dsys then in that case :)

I'd get a few spares mate

Women always say that don't have enough shoes, bags blah blah blah

Blokes can never have enough tools, weapons, battery's etc

The very rough rule is about 1mah = 1 shot. Most guns are more efficient than that but it covers just about every situation and since a lipo will loose voltage as the power drains its usually best to try and use them in the 8.3 - 8.0 V range anyway instead of near empty where the rate of fire will be impacted.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.