The Noveske Diplomat Build

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Eh, I haven't manufactured anything yet. I've haven't even built a working gun.

Hence why I wrote 'manufacturing'. You're in the process of making one, and you will obviously finish it at some point.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we should call SO19 and have them waiting to bust you the second you finish. the few minutes between assembly and painting should be ample time to rappel through the windows. think theres a post around about using a RIF to deter intruders, might not want to do that ;)

• Supporters

something doesn't need to be working to be a RIF, all that is required is that:

38Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”

(1)In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—
(a)has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm; and
(b)is neither a de-activated firearm nor itself an antique.

Don't get hung up on the idea of it requiring a working gearbox to be a RIF, all it needs is to look like a gun.

Just out of interest Lads, why is it we advise 13 year olds to remove their two tone with fairy power spray because they've played a few games and we think its a silly law anyway " and no one will ever know", but everyone's at Frizzle's throat for jumping at the chance of playing after having to spectate for so long.

Everyone's been on at him for posting about non-airsoft stuff for a year or more, now he's finally got something to talk about.

I think he's been "initiated" enough now, lets all let bygones be bygones eh?

• Supporters

Just out of interest Lads, why is it we advise 13 year olds to remove their two tone with fairy power spray because they've played a few games and we think its a silly law anyway " and no one will ever know", but everyone's at Frizzle's throat for jumping at the chance of playing after having to spectate for so long.

Everyone's been on at him for posting about non-airsoft stuff for a year or more, now he's finally got something to talk about.

I think he's been "initiated" enough now, lets all let bygones be bygones eh?

the difference being is that those 13 year olds have played a few games, as far as I can tell frizzle hasn't skirmished at all in the last 12 months, possibly longer!

as for 'no one will ever know', he's documenting his own law breaking on a public forum which is far cry from a kid scrubbing the paint off their stock in their kitchen at home.

Again, we are speculating he hasn't played or has played. Has anyone asked if he's been renting recently or anything along those lines? I'm not meaning to get into an argument here guys, I consider the lot of you friends and I enjoy being on this forum too much to jeopardize that by causing bad feelings between people. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

• Supporters

I concur.

You guys are just overreacting to and overanalysing every detail and trying to pick holes in what I say for the sake of your ego. It's just a receiver ffs. You lot are mad. And i'm spraying it tomorrow anyway.

Uh, no.

• Supporters

I concur.

You guys are just overreacting to and overanalysing every detail and trying to pick holes in what I say for the sake of your ego. It's just a receiver ffs. And i'm spraying it tomorrow anyway.

Nothing to do with my ego, this is to do with you not only breaking the law, but also documenting it online for all and sundry to see.

Stop being an idiot, if you're going to build this gun (and clearly you are) stop posting pictures of it until you can prove a defence against prosecution for manufacturing a RIF. IT IS a crime and you CAN go to prison for it.

• Supporters

Again, we are speculating he hasn't played or has played. Has anyone asked if he's been renting recently or anything along those lines? I'm not meaning to get into an argument here guys, I consider the lot of you friends and I enjoy being on this forum too much to jeopardize that by causing bad feelings between people. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

He's stated a few times elsewhere that he hasn't been playing, we don't just have a go for the fun of it ;)

(ok that last bit might not be completely true).

Oh no, i'm going to prison for putting two halves of a receiver together which came as a set. Litterally anyone buy a black receiver as a part.

I haven't even built anything yet and you're going on about rif nonsense. You're also missing the fact that it's going to be purple tomorrow.

There is nothing wrong with what i've logged so far. Calm yo steak slices.

If it isn't complete he hasn't manufactured a RIF end of. If you assemble it before you paint it you will of, so make sure you paint it before you put all the pieces together. One last thing I think just the stock and upper would be less than 51%, better paint upper and lower as well as stock.

• Supporters

Oh no, i'm going to prison for putting two halves of a receiver together which came as a set. Litterally anyone buy a black receiver as a part.

I haven't even built anything yet and you're going on about rif nonsense. You're also missing the fact that it's going to be purple tomorrow.

No, you'd go to prison for manufacturing an RIF with no defence.

Haven't even built anything? You just said that you've put two halves of a receiver together in your first paragraph. :huh:

It's going to be purple tomorrow (thankfully) because we pointed out that what you were doing is illegal.

Be careful.

Strictly speaking, it doesn't actually matter if you haven't been to an airsoft skirmish yet, providing you manufacture a RIF with the intention of using it for airsoft in the near future, since the actual defence on that score says that you must prove that doing so was with the express intention of making it available for the purpose of that specific activity you are supposedly doing (or intend to do) and then claiming as a defence. If you think about one of the other recognised defences available, i.e. making a film or theatre prop, knocking up an orange plastic cap gun to look realistic by spraying it black, for use in your local am-dram production of Murder on the Orient Express or whatever, is manufacturing a RIF, and strictly speaking, it wouldn't actually be a prop until it either got delivered to the theatre, used in the rehearsal, or used the opening night of the play. We could equate that to making an airsoft RIF for use in skirmishes which has not been skirmished yet. However, I would tend to think that this line of thinking is doing a bit of a merry dance through the paragraphs of the VCR Act, and unless I had Atticus Finch (ooh, topical reference, ten points to me!) defending me, then I wouldn't wanna rely on that kind of nitpicking to keep me out of jail.

In practice, I would want something bit more ironcast myself if we were talking about the possibility of doing bird, so in my case I have a UKARA, I also work for a film production company where I use them as props for CGI, and I go to skirmishes regularly as well, so that's three bites at the cherry defence-wise, and all of them already in practice right now, which would I hope prevent a prosecution, but the aforementioned 'making it available for' is nevertheless what it says in the VCR Act. So whilst I think you'd be okay in regards to being pulled up by the CPS, personally, I would not be posting pics of knocking up a RIF on a forum for all to see if I was not fairly sure that a defence would be easy to prove if I were you, because me 'thinking you'll be okay', is no guarantee that you will be.

If you want the only jail you ever go to, to be the airsoft site at the former Ashwell Prison in Rutland, then I'd be a bit careful about what pictures you post.

hopefully there's some people here with an a-team loadout that you can hire to bust you out of jail, assuming you can find them and no-one else can help

Second part of the log, First post exceeded maximum pics.

06/02/15 UPDATE:

So today was the day to spray the receiver to stop all the damn nonsense bollocks arguments about absolutely nothing. I decided to spray upper receiver and the stock in the future because it just looks better than the lower + stock sprayed.

Anyway, I'm not going to straight out spray the damn thing and cover up the trades because that's just stupid. I used duct tape to patch up the parts I didn't want affected by the paint. I could've used masking tape but that kind of tape has a tendency to leave horrible traces behind when peeled and I don't wanna spend time scratching it off. I also used blue tack for the round parts because duct tape... was not so good with the round parts.

Preparations:

DSC01585_zps8ad56bc5.jpg

DSC01586_zps9441e6cc.jpg

So down at my school, the only place where there are spray paints was the art department, and they are honestly quite laid back about them; they just let anyone walk in and use it, provided they were eye protection and switch on the fume cupboard. So I walked in, lights on, fume cupboard on and stood there for about 10 min speculating the vast collection of spray colours. I thought, "Hmm it's not too late to choose blue if I wanted to..." But nah, purple is best. However, there was only one shade of purple and it was rather dark but honestly, I've seen retailers selling darker two tone guns.

The only only kind of paint they had was acrylic, which I have no idea how it works on metal. So yeh, if it works, it works, if it doesn't then fuk it:

DSC01589_zps913d24b6.jpg

As you can see, it's not the brightest thing in the world, but if these people can get away with this: http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/agm-002b-agm-mb01-l96-airsoft-sniper-rifle.html#.VNTxy2isWSo

Then I'll be fine.

And carefully removing the tape:

DSC01590_zps6a325215.jpg

Opposite side:

DSC01592_zps2005e15e.jpg

And finally putting the receiver back together:

DSC01594_zpsa91a7d1b.jpg

Now, the finish isn't the best, it's rather gritty on the ejection port for some reason which you can see but overall, I'm very pleased with the outcome; the blue tack and duct tape did the trick and I honestly don't mind purple, I might keep it.

10/02/15 UPDATE:

Right peeps, twas time to spray it again since it wasn't bright enough.

Anyway, patched it up and sprayed it with acrylic once again. Found out the brand name was Liquitex, seems to have good reviews.

DSC01595_zps8d9a3bf9.jpg

DSC01596_zps1132974b.jpg

The finish this time was more fine and smoother but, even though it's dried, it's quite fragile... If I dig in my nail with a bit of a push, it scrapes it off instantly... oh well.

As it was drying off, it was around 4 pm and I was still at school so I needed to get home fast. While it was still wet, I grabbed it but the screw thread and dangled it in the air as i ran outside, hoping that nature will dry it off. Nature did indeed dry it a bit but unfortunately, nature also stuck to it. Little bits of debris and flies flew right into it! Had to flick them off, damaging the half dried paint.

Anyway putting it together gives this:

DSC01601_zpsf04a9ee2.jpg

So the over finish is quite sh*t to say the least; not because of the colour, that's fine as it is, it's the texture of the paint. Maybe it hasn't dried fully but oh well, it will do. Kawaii purple ftw!

12/02/15 UPDATE (Yay Birthday :D):

A huge tube arrived at the door.... It was big, brown, hard and had a white tip.

I aggressively yanked out dat white tip and tore down the hard coc.... I mean, tube... yeh, cardboard tube. What revealed inside was the ultimate hop up, the madbull steel bull barrel... but no silencer... that was out of stock at the last minute when I ordered it 2 weeks ago ffs!

Anyway:

DSC01604_zpsbbd3b325.jpg

Didn't take a pic of the barrel because the box was uninteresting.

Took a little while to figure out how to put it together but when I eventually did, it looked gorgeous; the hop up itself is very smooth and rock solid. The blue bucking however did not fit at first into the chamber, had to lube it up reeeeeeeeeal good before it slid in.

The barrel however, was surprisingly heavy, it really was; my shyte AK barrel was twice the length but infinitely lighter. It is made of stainless steel, I believe the python barrels are made of aluminium, so the steel bull is more structurally solid for $5 more.

Putting them together gives this:

DSC01605_zpsf4451d6f.jpg

Ohhhh it IS ready to fire THEORETICALLY, but... I still need to wait for my G&P barrel nut, otherwise, the hop up will just be hanging about loose in ma pants. Also don't have a mag YET, but i can surive firing upside down and feeding BBs into the chamber one by one for now :P

I also went back to the tech centre today to finish off my custom magwell to replicate the real steel flared magwell. Now, it's not exact, at all, but it's there and I like it. I bought the 5KU M4 metal magwell for the laughs to see what it looked like; it was too fat on it's own. I decided, if I wanted to use it, I'm going to trim it down.

Went to the tech centre a week ago and started using a saw blade to cut off metal from it. My teacher damn right trolled me at first by giving me a tiny, ickle hack saw and saying, "Sorry mate, it's all we have... hue hue hue..." and it took me 40 min to cut 2cm of aluminium. Later another teacher came to my rescue and gave me a HUGE hack saw and I instantly cut out the entire thing in a few secs..... damn right.

After cutting it, I filed it down to make them match and smoothen out the sharp points. And the result:

DSC01608_zps3c488b08.jpg

What it looks like on the receiver:

DSC01609_zps12d17e2a.jpg

yes, it is a little trashed on the outside with many scratches... but meh, doesn't bother me at all.

Underside:

DSC01611_zpsad489768.jpg

I had to keep the dip at the front because it's what hold it together with a screw through it. If anything, it make it look slightly different and i'm fine with it.

Also, no, it will not help me reload faster in anyway, just for the looks. Lovely shine at the bottom though.

17/02/15 UPDATE:

Right, another trip yet again to landwarrior with friends this time to buy m4 body parts like the selector switch etc. My friends were going to buy gas since they have gas guns.

So and hour journey there blah blah blah, let's cut to the chase.

At the shop I asked if they had m4 body parts, they said yes. They showed me a few charging handles, a steel mag release.... and that's, they didn;t have any selector switches or bolt releases....

I then said the ultimate gearbox was very fat and couldn't fit the sheet of metal from the ejection port inside... the guy said I could when the charging handle is in... yeh right.

So yeh, bought the mag release, charging handle and also a stubby grip which I remembered at the last minute.

Pardon the blurry photos:

DSC01625_zps823ebb04.jpg

DSC01626_zps5ff557dc.jpg

Then I put them all together into the body so far...

Also forgot to mention, during last sunday's skirmish, me and my friend went really far out and I discovered a dytac mag on the ground; it looked like it had been there for more than day. Anyway, I picked it up and at the safe zone, no one claimed it... so I took it home :D

DSC01628_zps39905a0e.jpg

Grip on the hand guard:

DSC01627_zps5a38a86f.jpg

Now here, I didn't physically fit the hand guard onto it because I don't have the correct barrel nut yet. I just placed it in front to see what it looks like:

DSC01630_zps67625216.jpg

As you can see... the purple paint is a bit... scuffed... I'm going to have to remove it all together and reapply it. Also thinking of just removing my DIY magwell because it just doesn't look the part.

TBH, I might go get a JP body, because so far, it doesn't have this... "zing" to it... But i'll see how it goes.

You were right in spraying it purple, however it needs to be a bright purple IE an almost neon purple.

• transparent
    • bright red
    • bright orange
    • bright blue
    • bright yellow
    • bright green
    • bright pink
    • bright purple
  1. An imitation firearm whose principal colour is not one of those listed in the regulations does not automatically fall to be regarded as realistic, although it is more likely that will be the case.

Is it LWA or PAS who does it...I can't remember, but they get away with their red two-tone and it looks great. There's the 'snakeskin' two-tone that AW does which is okay as well.

I appreciate everyone's concern but I doubt that however authoritarian our government may be the police won't be snooping through the airsoft forums to see who's manufacturing RIFs.

You're not suggesting one of us would report him?

I don't know about you but I can trust Frizzle to be responsible. After all we all know to keep our guns in bags and never show them in public etc.

Saying all that not sure what the site would say if he rocked up with a RIF and no defence

Is it LWA or PAS who does it...I can't remember, but they get away with their red two-tone and it looks great. There's the 'snakeskin' two-tone that AW does which is okay as well.

I appreciate everyone's concern but I doubt that however authoritarian our government may be the police won't be snooping through the airsoft forums to see who's manufacturing RIFs.

You're not suggesting one of us would report him?

I don't know about you but I can trust Frizzle to be responsible. After all we all know to keep our guns in bags and never show them in public etc.

Saying all that not sure what the site would say if he rocked up with a RIF and no defence

firesupport do it quite dark i believe

Well it looks cool, but I don't think it's very 'VCR two tone'. In some lighting conditions, it would in fact just look like blued steel, and so someone could still think it is a real weapon, which means you could still get collared for it being a RIF if you had no suitable defence against that possibility. It looks a bit like what I did with my AK12 and my Mossberg 500; i.e. I sprayed them black and then misted an electric blue coat of paint over them in parts so it looked like blued metal.

To be honest, if I was on a jury and they asked me if I thought something that colour could be mistaken for a real gun, I would have to say yes.

Archived