The GBBR Thread

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know, though i thought Swiss Arms usually wasnt known for their robustness. again, im happy to be proven wrong :D

I love the little blighters, my first one got shot out but have another two, one for my RM4 and one for my G5. Battery lasts almost forever, shed loads of brightness adjustment and the G5 recoil hasn't broken it... a mate's T1 (not sure what brand) vibrated apart on his RM4's recoil whereas this lil beauty has taken some abuse and still going strong.

I love the little blighters, my first one got shot out but have another two, one for my RM4 and one for my G5. Battery lasts almost forever, shed loads of brightness adjustment and the G5 recoil hasn't broken it... a mate's T1 (not sure what brand) vibrated apart on his RM4's recoil whereas this lil beauty has taken some abuse and still going strong.

is it one of THESE that you have?

for a 20mm diameter optic sitting so low, did you need a riser (or taller mount) to use it? I wear a mesh lower face protector so i couldn't use a G&P 30mm sight even when it sat on top of an adapter on my L85, though the cheek rest is at the same height as the original rail on that gun, so i had 18mm of rise given by the adapter.

on my RM4 I have a 1" riser but on my G5 I keep it low. I don't do face protection so it isn't an issue but without the riser it would be a struggle if you did.

depends on the gun, pistol mags I fill till the gas spits out the valve. On my G5 when running gas, between 5-8sec; it don't like being over filled and causes hop and range issues if filled completely, 5-8s gets 70-100 shots depending on ambient temp.

A link would earn you a forum high-five, though you know what they say about things that are too good to be true...

Proairsoftsupplies website shows no g5s in stock

Right, this thread has taken off so rapidly that this is almost a necropost, but the offer I referred to on page 4 of this thread is from Socom Tactical, not PAS. GHK G5 in black or tan plus 3 spare mags (ie 4 in total) plus can of 144a gas plus silicon lube for £378 (saves £39). the offer is still on their website (the issue of AI it was in is still on the shelves in WH Smith too). Hope this helps!

http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-guns-knifes/professional-airsoft-guns/assault-rifles/ghk-g5-gbb-inc-3-mags-starter-kit.html

edit: its showing in stock too as at 2200 today.

How much gas do you put in your mags?? I'm kinda curious as

I've been told 30 seconds in 3 bursts but then I've seen people do it on 6-10 seconds worth.

So how many mags do you guys run. I've got my we open bolt 416 on the way, with 1 mag and ordered 6 more from milspec solutions. But I may buy another four second hand.

Depends on the mag - they vary. GHK say 5 seconds for the G5 mags, but I think ~7-8 is better. Having said that my WE HK 3PX4 pistol takes about 10-15 seconds and the 49 round mags I have for my KWA Magpul FPG take about 20 seconds.

• Supporters

How much gas do you put in your mags?? I'm kinda curious as

I've been told 30 seconds in 3 bursts but then I've seen people do it on 6-10 seconds worth.

So how many mags do you guys run. I've got my we open bolt 416 on the way, with 1 mag and ordered 6 more from milspec solutions. But I may buy another four second hand.

Until they're full? Lol.

If you put your ear against the gas can then you can hear it filling up. It stops when the pressure inside the mag equalises with the pressure inside the gas can.

I run 9 mags. 1 in the gun, 6 on my rig and 2 back up mags on my belt.

I reckon you could easily get away with using 4 mags total though. I very, very rarely get through all of mine. I used to have 16, but I sold 7 off because there was just no point having them. I could almost go an entire day without having to reload or re-gas any of them lol.

At the moment I run a battle belt, but that's set up with my 417 gear so there's not much space, also I have no molle holster adaptor

Sounds like someone needs to go shopping??!! Yaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! :D

Shopping, the battle belts 3 weeks old and cost £200 for the set up, the 17 was £600+mags etc

And I've just brought a we 416 for £200 plus £200 ish on 6 extra mags.

I may try to get it onto my PC but that will restrict the number of mad I can use, also In all honesty I don't use the pistol much anyway

Shopping, the battle belts 3 weeks old and cost £200 for the set up, the 17 was £600+mags etc

And I've just brought a we 416 for £200 plus £200 ish on 6 extra mags.

I may try to get it onto my PC but that will restrict the number of mad I can use, also In all honesty I don't use the pistol much anyway

Shopping? isn't that what we do inbetween airsofting??!!

I've got a WE 416, it's awesome!

I found that to make my side arms accessable with a PC I use the IMI low rise tactical belt adaptor:

http://full-ops.com/index.php/equipment-tactique/holstres/imi-low-ride-belt-loop.html

You can also fit the holster on to a paddle type fitting, or a molle adaptor, it works for what ever you want to run!

Also sorry for the abundance of questions but what has do people use, I'm going I get some as an emergency thing so I can get some propane at a later date, but which I has do you use and is we nurpol 2.0 decent. Also where's the best place to buy propane and silicon oil plus a propane adaptor

Archived