The GBBR Thread

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

not sure if this applies to HPA as the regulator will ensure the same pressure shot to shot (it will vary slightly depending on how the reg reacts to pressure change).

In a GBB HPA will help but it's still not going to be perfectly consistent because the way the bolt and the magazines interact means that the seals are unlikely to line up the same every time, and there's a space between them, meaning there's always going to be a small difference in the amount of air being leaked through the gap between the moving parts.

In an AEG fitted with an SMP or Polarstar, or a non-blowback gas gun, be it a pistol like TM's Mk23, or a bolt action sniper, the gaps between moving parts can be either completely removed, or very well blocked off, offering much greater consistency.

Any ghk ak owners? What are they like range fps accuracy etc ootb and are they worth the money?

The GHK AK are very much the same as the rest of the GHK family, good range and consistency out of the box, however the AK mags are quite well known for just leaking for no apparent reason, they don't have full bolt travel as the WE AK does but it's more than sufficient for airsoft purposes, by all accounts (as I haven't had the use of one yet) the new GHK M4 is very good, no issues at all

Ok, I'm looking at a ghk gkms but don't know whether to just get a we ak and convert it over??

Convert it over to what dude?

Very pleased with mine, it does need an NPAS, and its pretty "tinker" friendly!

I shipped some in from the states from Evike, don't know about best price in UK, I've got 6 mags for my 416 and then I bought a second hand L85 that also came with 6 mags! They're the same mags, so I'm sorted. You could look second hand, but they may be more prone to leaks.

Milspecsolutions are good for most of your GBB needs, especially for WE and RA tech upgrades

Sorry, cant rememebr exactly, it was pretty quick, good on line tracking, just be prepared for customs charges at this end

Im now at the dangerous stage where i have chosen a GBBR (GHK G5) and put together a shopping list... i dont want to spend £450 but i now really want a GBBR...

it seems that i am destined to turn to the dark side... may god have mercy on my soul :P

In that case, you could buy it from AEG Cart Asia, the rifle, plus 4 spare mags, would cost you 345 quid

how much is shipping/import and how long does it take?

EDIT: Looks like AEG cart asia only stock the GHK PDW, and they have none in stock anyway, unless they have another site

DOUBLE EDIT: Worked out i could save £38 if i buy from Samoon, not sure if its worth waiting for it though :P

Aeg cart Asia shipping takes around 8 days excluding weekdays, but if be careful. I brought a list of 8 items from them and paid £30 for shipping but only reciever 3 then 2 days later get an email saying the items I ordered were out of stock ( but showed up as in stock on website??) and haven't heard anything back from them since I asked for a refund on the items not posted

Can i get an experienced opinion on this video:

at about 4:25, it seems to indicate that even at about -8*C the gun will manage 300 fps on green gas, which is certainly an amazing achievement.

I think the test would be better done by putting both the empty mag and gas bottle in the freezer, and then filling, returning to the freezer for a few minutes, then test firing, a better simulation of the cold if you ask me, but its still a seriously high claim.

does this mean that the gas efficiency is really this good? and the performance in the cold will keep me running the GBBR right through winter until even the Swedes and Ruskies are calling it cold outside?

or is it just a poorly conducted experiment that is not quite representative of performance in the winter?

Thanks

SOCOM Tactical do a deal for £375 for a G5 and 3 extra mags for 4 total probably your best bet cos you will need to pay Duty on any imports.

Yup will work all year round.

:D i chose wisely

maybe ill pick it up early and use it at Anzio news Saturday

what kind of gas do you use in Summer/Winter?

Archived