Dytac Invader M4 Gearbox type?

springs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can confirm M4 uses v2 gearbox and G36 uses v3 gearbox

I have both rifles

The last email I got from the Dytac rep showed a QD type V2 gearbox. This is in their latest Sportline AEG, I'm guessing they use this in all their AEG's but I could be wrong. They do a great line of quality products, I was very tempted to start selling them here in the UK but they just weren't cheap enough when compared to the competition out there currently.

Here's a pics he sent me:

dytac_zpsc6335d5a.jpg

dytac1_zps763c60fd.jpg

• Supporters

LWA sell DYTAC

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38#c45:sort3:m56:page1:infscr4079

their cheap sportsline £90 appears to use the QD style V2 box

where as their Invader MK18 uses it seems the conventional V2 box

(click on models and look at internal pics of each model)

QD usually means Quick Change spring & often the micro switch trigger

(APS Hybrid boxes use a "conventional" trigger switch but their trigger is slightly slightly longer latch on it than say SRC/G&G trigger)

Nothing bad about the micro switch system - usually a shorter travel trigger pull which some may prefer

BUT the owner needs to be aware that on many or most of these QD boxes the trigger/switch is bespoke

So you can't replace with the normal type of switch eg: SHS etc...

The selector plate "may" also be different too but this seems to be the more "modern" trigger system

Parts can be sourced for the switch - even AK2M4 sells some QD switch bits

The main thing that the owner should/must do is fit a mosfet in a QD or microswitch trigger box

The switch contacts are not as robust as the "ol skool" switch and will very quickly crap out with higher juice

Them microswitch contacts just won't last on higher volt/amps and many owners have found out too late

Nice easy spring change, modern short travel trigger pull (not quite speed trigger)

BUT a fet is a serious consideration to fit in there if you want trigger to last

(kinda weird - quick spring saves you opening box up but switch will need replacing if you fail to fit a mosfet)

You kinda wonder wtf they don't fit a decent one in there anyway but suppose its down to cost

But a "decent" £10 or less fet would save ya switch so can't work out why it ain't fitted as standard

Then again G&G have had a major headache with some of their fet AEG's but think that is more

of a quality control or using cheaper less reliable fets to save money - very unwise

• Supporters

ooh just notice a 2 piece hop-up I think like SRC & some JG M4's

if so it is another thing to remember - not a massive thing

and you can just "smash in" a normal hop.....

Deffo looks better build than SRC M4's though (can't be no worse)

did see them on LWA and very tempted but I have way way way too many guns

but pics do look ok to me and deffo better than a Dragon I reckon

(I do like QD box but owners need to be aware about fitting fets asap in there)

Thanks for the info Duck, I did have a huge order of QD parts come in last year, mostly wiring trigger switches, they didn't shift for around 6 months then they all went in a matter of weeks once I stuck them on Ebay. I've never fitted a FET to a QD box before, I didn't even think it was possible. Have you managed to fit one?

I do like certain aspects of the QD gearbox but don't understand why they don't do quick change spring but with with a normal trigger switch. I think it may have something to do with the improved safety function which is another major plus point to the design.

• Supporters

not fitted a fet yet to QD yet

got a few in some SRC's M4's still to finish off

think there is a bit more to QD also with the semi or cut-off lever

(not sure if they use same lever or what in there)

Hope to open some up and rewire in a fet signal along with a lower spring

(120 in there atm but spring change don't need box open but check shim & grease at same time as rewire)

I do like the tiny trigger travel on them and quick spring change is brilliant

even better if stock is quick removal like on fixed stubby and there is a small hole on receiver to access the spring

though many stocks need or fit better if there is a small "lug" on receiver to bolt stock to

I have removed "lug" and cut hole at back of one plastic M4 receiver carefully to offer easy spring access

stubby still fits on nicely as it don't need stock tube

soz for waffle - yet another unfinished project of mine to do in new year

• Supporters

2 piece hop-up is a direct clone of the old tokyo marui design, easy to replace with a 1 piece just by pulling all the bottom half out of the lower receiver.

cheers for that - thought is was SRC just being a pain or unique or whatever

My SRC's aren't too bad really with their 2-piece and so will keep them as is atm

They have had a couple of 8mm bearing QD's in there which was better than

the stock 6mm green plastic bushing box they originally had

I'd be really interested in seeing how you get along with fitting a FET to a QD - please if you get time take some pics and post up :-)

If you could find one small enough, like a PICO maybe an opp to fit it inside the trigger housing, longshot I think. I was really impressed with the QD box, although I haven't worked on one just opened it up, the anti-reversal latch was firmly held in position and as I said before the safety arm has been removed so no more messing around with that annoying spring.

• Supporters

I hope to start back ripping stuff apart later in Jan

Only thing I'm not a big fan on fitting everything inside box like ASCU

(think there is 1 or 2 QD boxes that have a fet fitted by selector plate side)

Just think if fet craps out (some cheapo ones often do when pushed hard)

if they crap out then you gotta open it all up again to replace....

I'm no expert - far from it but think if you have room and plan the wiring most should

be able to fit in a moderate sized fet ok in their guns

MP5K might be tricky but there are some very small fets out there

Also if basic fet fitted have yet to see if something like a burst wizard could be fitted alongside

more bits n hassle but would give owner option of fet to start with and if burst works in tandem

then add the burst wizard later if peeps wanted - or not

if something plays up later either of the two modules could be replaced

well that is just my ideas/theories and should have room in my M4's

but the ACSU is guaranteed for yonks - just think it is still expensive

• Supporters

The Dytac Invader series has a single piece metal hop and a standard style V2 gearbox.

AEG's that use the V2 gearbox are ( To my knowledge )

M4/M16's

MP5

G3

M249's

So yes your Dytac invader uses a V2 gearbox

Not all m249's use a V2 (think its only G&P?). Classic army and A&K have their own box, not sure which version.

• Supporters

AEG's that use the V2 gearbox are ( To my knowledge )

M4/M16's

MP5

G3

M249's

So yes your Dytac invader uses a V2 gearbox

it should be noted that not all MP5's use V2 gearboxes, My TM MP5K uses a V3 ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.