arrows in air-soft, Could it be done

chris555

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There used to be a device you could buy that attached to a bow that allowed it to shoot small darts for practice indoors. Basically a piston with the plunger attached to the string. It may be possible to recreate it and have it shoot bb's.

The problem with rubber blunted arrows is that they still have weight behind them. They may not do much damage when hitting people as the impact area is large but if you hit someones eyepro, it may be enough to knock them off.

That's what I was referring to in my first post, I've seen it done with paintballs before, pretty sure you could just change the barrel to fit BBs or something.

Also another thing to consider is expense, the cheapest i've seen re enactment arrows is around £5 each and LARP arrrows £8ish and they can be quite fragile, there is a good chance you'll only get to use each arrow once.

This is a bit off topic, but I have actually made arrows before its not very hard.. just watch a guide on youtube

• 2 weeks later...

im starting archery soon im wondering if i could make some sort of effective and safe air soft arrow to use would make silent kills very interesting. thoughts

effective? probably not.

could be great fun thou.

actually.. could it out range a sniper rif?

• Supporters

Maybe this one: etc

I always love to see things like this, when people have taken the time to really make it work, but for practical airsoft... :lol:

I've done archery for about 6 years now and it shames me to say this but a xbow would definitely suit better for use during a game, it can be fired from prone, more accurate and easier to carry (they weigh more but slings can be used for them) + some have rails for optics

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.