I had an idea. a silly one, but an idea still...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I had, as you see, an idea.

The cybergun famas has a somewhat hollow body, I hear. Now, seeing as there isn't a GBB FAMAS, I was thinking it might be possible to gut it, and butcher a WE G18c into it, somehow adding a longer inner barrel with support, and gluing the charging handle to the slide? Obviously leaves a lot to be desired with the magazine and select fire, but could this work?

Someone managed to make a GBB AUG and F2000 using the innards of a SCAR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e51vBg3spaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLya3pzUSg

Although not much in the way of technical details it does give an idea on how he managed it.

• Supporters

The mag is in the pistol's grip. You can't relocate it. There isn't enough space vertically by the famas' magwell.

The best you could do is to remove the famas grip and put the pistol there but then the pistol mag would go in the grip.

Well, you could cut the bottom of the pistol's grip and it might fit, but relocating the trigger and connecting the charging handle would be quite difficult, not to mention hopup adjusting.

IMO better get a carbine kit for the glock, like the AABB or a Roni.

• Supporters

I don't see the point in doing this tbh.

The only reason to get a gas gun over an electric one is for the realism and the blowback, but if you're putting a pistol mech into a rifle the blowback is going to be so slight you don't notice, and it's obviously not very realistic lol.

If you can pull it off then it'll probably be a pretty sweet technical exercise, but I don't know who would want the final product, or why.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.