Thought I'd put this question out there....

Steelrain

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a noob there's just so much out there for my poor little brain to take in so based on the fact that I'm looking for an assault rifle, that can be upgraded, along the lines of m4/g36 variants (pending as I'd also consider something that's not run of the mill)...

What is a good make and model to go for that I can trust?

As a noob there's just so much out there for my poor little brain to take in so based on the fact that I'm looking for an assault rifle, that can be upgraded, along the lines of m4/g36 variants (pending as I'd also consider something that's not run of the mill)...

What is a good make and model to go for that I can trust?

What Monty said! It would also be a good idea for you to read the guide linked in my signature (below theses words), because it pretty much sets you up for everything that you need to know

It would also be a good idea for you to read the guide linked in my signature (below theses words), because it pretty much sets you up for everything that you need to know

I'll check this out, cheers.

G&G Combat machine!

Are these a good all rounder then?

Mmm the Tr4 CQB looks good but out of my range and i do like the look of the Gr4 G26.

slightly off topic and maybe for another thread, but what do you guys prefer, Woodland or Cqb... I have to say i love the look of cqb but nothing really down this way like that i dont think :unsure:

completely different. DIfferent opinions, like asking someone what their favourite food is. Best thing to do is to try the 2 out and then decide. As for guns, metal is great and all, but the normal polymer combat machines still weigh nearly as much, are made from high quality polymer that feels strong and are cheap. batteries I recommend are LiPo's, but unless you install a mosfet get a 7.4v, they can handle that. Also, a decent LiPo charger like the Imax b6 or the accucel digital 6 are recommended, very safe and easy to use. Finally, probably best to use .25 bbs outdoors, travel further and the wind doesn't affect them as much :)

what do you guys prefer, Woodland or Cqb... I have to say i love the look of cqb but nothing really down this way like that i dont think :unsure:

CQB is brilliant at my local site (The Fortress) which is just chaotic! I enjoy woodland as well, but CQB is my preference- I own an MP5K and a shotgun, so they really are best suited to close quarters environments.

Where from.....will a battery charger, charge all battteries as i will have one from an mp5 to charge too.

aye, provided that they have a TAMYA connection

CMs come with batteries & chargers (I believe). The battery should be OK, but get a smart charger (automatically cuts off when charging is complete). THIS ONE will charge NiMH and NiCd batteries. That linked one is the one that I personally use and it is pretty damn good

Where from.....will a battery charger, charge all battteries as i will have one from an mp5 to charge too.

hmm, can get everything from component shop, however Imax b6 can be had from amazon etc. there are some counterfeits floating around so you have to be careful.... and remember to buy one with the power supply... i forgot to do that..

aye, provided that they have a TAMYA connection

well, you can get every connector, literally. you just need the adapter. But yeah, feel free to post a pic of what it looks like, they are quite easily defined but I'm guessing it will be mini tamiya, you can get the adapters from xt60 on ebay for 3 quid, you just have to swap it around (they are originally built for RC which is the other way around, doesn't take long at all)

completely different. DIfferent opinions, like asking someone what their favourite food is. Best thing to do is to try the 2 out and then decide. As for guns, metal is great and all, but the normal polymer combat machines still weigh nearly as much, are made from high quality polymer that feels strong and are cheap. batteries I recommend are LiPo's, but unless you install a """mosfet"""" get a 7.4v, they can handle that. Also, a decent LiPo charger like the Imax b6 or the accucel digital 6 are recommended, very safe and easy to use. Finally, probably best to use .25 bbs outdoors, travel further and the wind doesn't affect them as much :)

What is a mosfet?

What is a mosfet?

basically something you solder on to the gearbox to the trigger contacts. Technical, not really important for newbs (like me lol) however if you wanted to know exactly just ask in the quick questions and answers thread. They allow you to use 11.1 lipos without frying trigger contacts etc. Not too sure, don't take my word for it.

CM's don't come with batteries or chargers, I advise you to get a LiPo, they are very good.

How long you been playing?

about 6ish months. Loads more to learn, but all the basics i know, like to pass on the information I do know, and there is always more to learn :D

about 6ish months. Loads more to learn, but all the basics i know, like to pass on the information I do know, and there is always more to learn :D

What are you using as your primary? I'm waiting on a WE G26 to arrive :)

What are you using as your primary? I'm waiting on a WE G26 to arrive :)

I use a G&G cm16 carbine, great gun, have been for 6 months, not upgradede any internals nor cleaned it and it still runs like a dream and outshoots other mcuh much more expensive guns!

This looks like a bargain, Great shout!!

Opinions would be very much welcomed.

its good, I would swap out the face mask although I have used them and they do hold up, depends on how much you care about your eyes.

Just saying, dont even think about wearing the mesh mask. I have seen a video of someone shoot at the mesh with a 350fps gun and it went straight through.

(The package James linked)

Also as a fashion statement.... I think wearing it would make me more of a target haha. Cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.