TaiwanGun charging for postage?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hmn... that's a real shame. I think they will lose business (personally, I'm not sure if I'll bother now) and it was somewhat of a trademark for them.

Might actually write a line or two to them telling them it's not unlikely they will loose business because of it.

Go for it. I'll be very surprised if they give a crap but hey, why not.

there customer service could use some work tho it looks like my simple request for a spring recommendation and Paypal bill to bring the guns power down to 350 fps is to complicated for them and they are shipping my gun hot NOT HAPPY!!! now i have to pay tyler 25 pounds to change my spring

• Supporters

^^I am surprised - i've spoken to them via email several times and had no problems.

Still leaves me out of pocket and worse still the label made by ups dose not show my ukara number in the email so being calm i think sod it quick call to check only to be told they wont deal with replicas oh joy i hope she is wrong at ups customer service or there will be trouble.and i still have customs to go as well with a full metal and wood akm coming into the country from poland i dread to think if that number is not on there what they will do is it worth calling them

Still leaves me out of pocket and worse still the label made by ups dose not show my ukara number in the email so being calm i think sod it quick call to check only to be told they wont deal with replicas oh joy i hope she is worng at ups customer service or there will be trouble.Still customs to go as well full metal wood akm coming into the country from poland i dread to think if that number is not on there is it worth calling them

yes. If it isn't then surely if they have no way of contacting you they will destroy it. Not thinking about something won't make it go away, IK how you feel, but the sooner you find out about something the easier it is to deal with in my personal experience

Just putting this out there, and I know this will piss you off, but £15 on top of a £200 AEG really is not that much in the scheme of things. I totally understand why you would be pissed off if you are buying small parts, but I don't see why this is that much of a problem if the gun is an AEG or GBBR. Yes, it's a change from how they used to do business. Yes they are now making you pay for shipping. However, I happen to know for a fact that quite a few UK based retailers (not mentioning names, but a few of them have "BBGuns" in their title) who cannot ship from England to central Scotland for under £20 with their lowest-cost shipping.

I can really understand why you are getting annoyed, but it's not an uncommon thing to happen. It's a very sly way of either getting you to buy more to get the free shipping, or to make a little bit of extra money from your shipping costs.

annnnnnd prepare for flame war...

maybe shipping prices have raised and they just cant afford it to be fair there not outrageous and still cheaper then the uk if you want bad shipping prices check out the us retailers there charging more then it what costs me to get car parts shipped to the uk outrageous

yes, I can see their point. However the fact is, when it comes to say pistols and gear.. it does make a fair difference in the price, enough that I'd rather find somewhere else. and when it comes to more expensive items, well they got the free shipping.

I dunno, might be a good thing as well, meaning we support local businesses instead of sending our money to Poland.

^^I am surprised - i've spoken to them via email several times and had no problems.

^^I am surprised - i've tried to speak to them via email several times and it's always ended up with misunderstandings, mayhem and messed up orders.

-Don't get me wrong, when you just order something stock, I've never had a problem with them

• Supporters

I'm starting to wonder if they are under new management. They even volunteered to do a spring downgrade for free for me, before they had it in their webby! And they totally understood about the need for a visible UKARA number on the package. This was early this year.

ill let this one go problems stem apparently from me asking for a new spring and them not cutting it apparently my not buying the new spring same time as the gun is a problem for them not sure why tho cant be that hard to send a pay pal bill for a spring then fit it

• Supporters

I was thinking about about another small/medium order for some parts/accessories.....

(gotta stop buying new toys n fix up some of the ones I got)

but either will look at GunFire as they got better range of parts & free ship or will hold off

(bank/credit card is screaming at me to hold off but voices in my head say otherwise)

Alas you always want what you can't/shouldn't have I tell the kids

(but really as missus says I am the biggest most expensive kid of them all)

UPDATE - just placed a £50 or just over 70 Euro order at Gunfire for some bits

and apart from free GLS I had option of FREE UPS delivery too - clicked on that

Free UPS & some more points - think 70pts gives ya free shipping on a really small order

so soz TaiwanGun - bought elsewhere & saved a few bob on shipping

• Supporters

just too add, i asked :-

Hi, i am looking at ordering a CM028B, but i am alittle concerned as the FPS is too high for local airsoft site. If i was to purchase a guarder SP100 spring at the sime time would you be able to fit it prior to dispatching?

they answered:-

You can just write in order commentary how much fps you need in gun and we will adjust it before sending
Regards,

so it looks like free spring fitting is still on the go :D ... gunna place my order today

• Supporters

Good on ya - great they offer spring change - that is worth £15 any day in my book

I got the 28a and well impressed for such a cheap gun, 7mm bearing g/box etc....

price inc lame battery - yup AK's are a bit ugly/clumsy or less ergonomic than M4's

but gotta show some respect for these old russian mofo's

Even got a few empty shells from a m8 with firearms license to consider hammering

an empty shell on charging handle which is a real mod used on the real thing they say

you get a 10% discount code for use next time but only for stuff not on special/sale price

They do ship stuff quickly so there is a fair chance with srping change you might get it in

time for next weekend & will get a chrono result test too on all guns they flog

If they get their shipping charges sorted a bit lower/realistic I will be buying more

but atm gone a bit too mad lately so is a good reason to ease up on my collection

just too add, i asked :-

they answered:-

so it looks like free spring fitting is still on the go :D ... gunna place my order today

mmmmmmm........ when I tried to find out some clarity on however they cut or change the spring I couldn't make much sense of the answer. if thy want you to put in the commentary what FPS you want, and they dont charge extra for it, I'm guessing they are cutting the spring rather than changing it. I may be wrong.

• Supporters

They Lied!

When i placed the order there was NO comment box what so ever! so i emailed them straight away :-

Hi, when i placed my order i never saw a comments box, as per me email earlier today, could you please fit the guarder spring and ensure the gun isnt firing above 350FPS on 0.2g bb’s

Many thanks in advance

No reply .....

This morning at 08:30 i got :-

Welcome ****!

Please be advised that the processing an order 304315 has been launched.

Now you can’t make changes in order.

then at 10:30 i got :-

Welcome ****!

Please be advised that the order 304315 has been changed to Completed.

at exactly the same time i received another email :-

Witam / Hello,

Unfortunately order has been send already.

Impossible to change anything.

Regards.
JG

really disappointed by this! :angry::angry:

• Supporters

dat iz a pi$$er

I mean buy gun, buy spring & £15 extra to fit & ship would be well worth it

doubt if they would of just cut old spring especially if ya bought a m100

I know for "some" guns, think I have seen on a couple of spring snipers

they give ya option of say 330 or 450/500 spring

maybe a SVD as they easy to change in a few mins

(often you may get both springs especially as SVD use normal AEG springs)

but yeah bit of a pi$$er being given the impression they can fit it

paying for extra spring & delivery to be told it is being/been shipped already

Most likely that will be hitting about 375-ish on stock spring - I gotta drop mine down

but I am having enough " fun " with M4 / ver 2 g/boxes atm to even look at my AK47

They Lied!

When i placed the order there was NO comment box what so ever! so i emailed them straight away :-

No reply .....

This morning at 08:30 i got :-

then at 10:30 i got :-

at exactly the same time i received another email :-

really disappointed by this! :angry::angry:

huh?? I've always had a comments box somewhere then I've order from them (thats where I put UKARA info)....... Maybe a new change? or could you have missed it? I think it is on the same page where you put your address in...

sucks anyway :(

0_O the plot thickens....

I still think they could have done the spring before hand, and they would have got the email before they sent it, so I think it's still their fault in my opinion.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.