Carrying blanks for BFG's.

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Best to set that 12g primer off before "knocking" it anywhere mind :lol:

It is a damn good idea though and, since mine cost me something like £12 iirc, I feel like kicking myself!

• Supporters

Yeah I know, same here! £8 mine cost + P&P and I could've just used a bloody 12g blank, which I had some of anyway.

Doh.

• Supporters

I'm planning on getting a few more of those trip mines though, so once bitten twice fuck off and die...

I drew a blank (no pun intended) looking for them in the UK. Ended up getting them through ebay. This guy is in Texas (yee-haw), but with tracked shipping it came to approx £14. I ended up getting three pairs and splitting them out between a bunch of mates as I only needed 1 strip, so it was £7 per strip.

International shipping was quite prompt too. Seems like a decent seller.

Dagnabit, can't paste the link!

Nope, can't make the forum paste anything.

Search ebay for "Bianchi 580 Speed Strips"

Seller I used was "rrdav7", but there is another one (who I didn't find before) whose shipping seems a little cheaper.

You need the 0.38/0.357 ones, not the 0.45s

I'm really pleased with it. Works like a charm and takes up next to no space in admin pouch/pocket.

The heroshark tube looks good though...

I've been racking my brain for the last few days about this now and the answer was in front of me the whole time. Give up a mag and fit the tube in my mp5 mag holder. It was a little loose but a few layers of tape it's fits very snug but it's easy to get in and out.

ovhn.jpg

j28f.jpg

All i need to do now is put a string in the cap to make sure I don't lose it :)

Thanks for the idea guys!

• 1 year later...

Cheeky, wouldn't that still have the same issue?

The blanks bouncing around on the inside and knocking against each other and potentially blowing off?

Ed just recommended me the same BFG as his, and I just got the BFG and my first batch of primers. I'm actually quite afraid this crap will just explode on me and want to carry (and store them) safely. I'm already shitting my pants as there is one missing from the box and I hope I didn't drop it on the floor (I'm sure it was missing before it was shipped but still....)

The berocca tube seems way cool, just afraid that they explode by hitting each other OR that you drop them trying to get them out on the field.

• Supporters

Unless I am mistaken the primer would have to specifically be hit reasonably hard to set them off. I use a little pot that holds diabetic testing thingies that some chap gave me, it's a bit smaller than a camera film case. I have lined it with kitchen roll doubled up, but that's mainly to stop it making a rattling noise.

As Simon said. Unfortunately, 9mm blanks in BFG's are the wrong shape for 9mm mags.

.40 mags work ;) (yay i can finally post this without looking a tit for resurrecting an ancient thread :ph34r: )

• Supporters

Unless I am mistaken the primer would have to specifically be hit reasonably hard to set them off. I use a little pot that holds diabetic testing thingies that some chap gave me, it's a bit smaller than a camera film case. I have lined it with kitchen roll doubled up, but that's mainly to stop it making a rattling noise.

Yay, Diabetes may finally help me for once...

.40 mags work ;) (yay i can finally post this without looking a tit for resurrecting an ancient thread :ph34r: )

:)

Cheeky, wouldn't that still have the same issue?The blanks bouncing around on the inside and knocking against each other and potentially blowing off?Ed just recommended me the same BFG as his, and I just got the BFG and my first batch of primers. I'm actually quite afraid this crap will just explode on me and want to carry (and store them) safely. I'm already sh*tting my pants as there is one missing from the box and I hope I didn't drop it on the floor (I'm sure it was missing before it was shipped but still....)The berocca tube seems way cool, just afraid that they explode by hitting each other OR that you drop them trying to get them out on the field.

I've been using that tube for over a year now. I usually have it half full which is roughly 50-60 blanks at a time. I've changed my load out now and no longer use an mp5 so the tube is just loose in a zip up pouch. It rattles around and I haven't had a problem yet, so don't worry about it. As someone else said, you have to hit in the right place pretty hard for it to go off.

After the mp5 set up I stuck it in pistol mag pouch. One time I didn't put the cap back on right, bend over dropped about 30 blanks. I was playing in ucap bunker where it was pitch black, I couldn't see a thing. That's why I decided with a zip up pouch, if it happened again they'd only go in the pouch.

for what size primers?

Mine just bounce around in my dump pouch - unlikely to go off as theres quite a lot of padding on it.

So far I have been using the box they come in with strips of masking tape which I think B4ME recommended I do a year ago. I think a little dispenser for these things would be really cool and its got a market at this point.

• Supporters

Interesting...

• Supporters

I like the idea of a mag don't get me wrong, I just can't see how 9mm blanks would work in a real mag due to the lip they have. They aren't smooth on the bottom as they are designed for revolvers as far as I know. But if someone could show me a video of them being loaded and unloaded from a RS mag I may well change

I like the idea of a mag don't get me wrong, I just can't see how 9mm blanks would work in a real mag due to the lip they have. They aren't smooth on the bottom as they are designed for revolvers as far as I know. But if someone could show me a video of them being loaded and unloaded from a RS mag I may well change

Seen it on another forum

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110837642@N02/13109616354/ RS Sig mag

http://www.ukairsoftzone.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/15342-modern-ussf-impressions/page-107#entry98946

post 2131

Mine just bounce around in my dump pouch - unlikely to go off as theres quite a lot of padding on it.

You say that, but one of the operators of the Incentive Designs Turret at AI500 at Sandpit last August had a few fire off when loose inside the admin pouch on his brand new Crye PC, scorched a hole in it, and made him poo his pants. Wouldn't ever have them rattling loose :P

Well I do like to live dangerously haha

I saw a guy have a smoke grenade go off in his trouser pockets in billericay a few weeks ago. It burnt a hole out of his trousers, hands and leg. I always keep pyro separated and in pouches away from my skin and so far I have kept my shotgun caps in their box so they are separated but its a bit of a concern of mine if one goes off many others could as well. I don't think its worth taking risk with pyro, safety first.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.