Carrying blanks for BFG's.

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Some people chuck them in a pocket and they roll around others are looking for something a bit more secure. I made myself a small carrier out of a mini Maglite box I had laying around and a piece of sponge.

While trawling ebay for an ammo box of the .50 Cal type for transporting my hot burning pyro I found some plastic boxes made by a company in the states. Available for £9.95 with free postage.

4.jpeg

http://www.fishpond.co.uk/Sports_Outdoors/MTM-18-Rounds-9MM-Cal-Case-Gard-Ammo-Wallet/0026057100166

• Supporters

I just use one of those sealable bags and leave them in a pouch. Spending money on it just seems pointless imo.

• Supporters

heroshark has just come out with another innovation, this time with blanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNeR_DcMSo&feature=youtu.be

Like a 'splodey Pez dispenser!

heroshark has just come out with another innovation, this time with blanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNeR_DcMSo&feature=youtu.be

What's he using for that? seems good, something you could thread into your molle maybe, doesnt look much thicker than a chemlight

Well they cost me enough for the other half to decide she didn't like them might as well put it to good use - plus only a couple can come out at a time so handy while wearing gloves

Is that for 9mm blanks or primers?

Shotgun primers, so 9mm would only drop one or two I reckon

I wonder if you can find some sort of molle attachment you can slide the tube in quick. The problem with the tin is it's too big it makes it fiddly.

I wonder if you can find some sort of molle attachment you can slide the tube in quick. The problem with the tin is it's too big it makes it fiddly.

Something like this

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/attachments/sidearms/36012d1351893032-official-sidearm-share-your-rig-thread-mcr4-vest.jpg

I'll try slide it between loops tomorrow see what happens

Yea let us know. Have a look at paintball 10 round tubes. They have nice rounded edge to slide in. I don't think I'd like to completely trust just the molle loops.

• Supporters

Someone on Facebook said they use a 9mm magazine to carry 9mm blanks around.

Which is just the coolest idea ever.

I generally use shotgun primers, but I might switch to 9mms just so I can get hold of a real steel Glock magazine to carry them around in lol.

Yea I thought so, I'll still try this bottle. The only problem is if you have to struggle getting it in the loop it's taking too long to do a simple job and if it's too easy it'll more tha likely fall out while playing.

mine goes into a pocket and when I get a quiet moment I reload it then, I've been caught out once reloading it and I looked up and he was just looking at me, I shrugged and said "yep, you got me" and I walked off, kudos to the other player for not blasting me!

not sure on size etc, but how about a cigar tube/holder? should slot into molle and you can probably get ones with a pen like top so it dosent slide out?

Not sure that a Glock mag would hold revolver blanks, Ed. You can get automatic 9mm rounds with no flange (snigger) on the base, but they won't work in a bfg. Just slip through the adapter (I *may* be speaking from personal experience in buying the wrong sort...)

I use a Bianchi Speedstrip to keep 6 blanks handy and easy to load.

• Supporters

Someone on Facebook said they use a 9mm magazine to carry 9mm blanks around.

Which is just the coolest idea ever.

I generally use shotgun primers, but I might switch to 9mms just so I can get hold of a real steel Glock magazine to carry them around in lol.

As Simon said. Unfortunately, 9mm blanks in BFG's are the wrong shape for 9mm mags.

I've seen people using speed strips but finding them has sometimes been a problem.

Very much liking the thing Hero shark have some up with, I'd had that as an idea but not the skill/ability to make it so had to give up on it. Will see if they produce it because I'd get one.

Simon where did you find the speed strips, I'd be keen if I can find them in the UK/EU

• Supporters

Ahh, must've been lying through his teeth then, what a nobber.

One of my mates came up with a pretty clever idea that might interest some of you though. Instead of buying a shotgun primer adaptor, just knock the primer out of a 12g blank, or even a used 12g shell and just file the edge down a bit.

Looks like you've got a 12g blank in the BFG, but it's just a handy adaptor for primers.

Considering this is the same friend who shot a laptop screen because he was stupid enough to balance his target on the keyboard and missed, and then went on to obliterate the HDD with the magnets in a motor just the other day, I was amazed he was capable of such brilliant innovation; but there you go lol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.