Armbands

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

at casual games we just remember the faces... harder when its 50+ players that most of them never seen each others before

I know personally I'd be pretty opposed to having to put on a set of DPM overalls that had been worn by hundreds of other people and (probably) not washed all that fastidiously, I expect many others would be the same!

Man up! Are we playing actionmen or barbie dolls here!

XD

• Supporters

It's not the putting on of overalls that bothers me, it's the money I've spent/continue to spend on my loadouts and the pleasure of dressing up in them.

• Supporters

Hmm ok well as I don't own a site its not really an issue, simply stating an idea I've been toying with as a concept.

Even if the marshals simply start the day with a rough green vs tan split, or any other setup but as a concept tan vs green means no one has to recognise a particular type of camo. And they would simply be the basic colours, combinations could be made depending on group numbers.

My suggestion is that the simplest way to differentiate between groups is the natural division people make in their choice of loadout. At most of the games I've been to there is normally a rough 50:50 split of people in lighter and darker kit.

The base colour would be the distinguishing feature. Instead of having to scour a person for a bit of tape around someone's arm you could go by the majority of colour on the person.

at close action its tags not armbands we use well last time it was electircal tape round our arms but times befor that it was a small red or blue tag about half the size of a credit card

The places in denmark i play all have: "Both arms, Yelow / Red, one team with and one without".

And also one of the sites i play devides teams by cloth colors (As good as they can) ...

So they split players into Players with most black, and Players most Camo / Green...

Personaly i would like to have BOTH teams have arm bands. On BOTH arms. And devided by cloth color.

Team A. Red on both arms. Players with the most black on.

Team B. Yelo on both arms. Players with the most Camo / Green.

This way of deviding players by color, and giving both teams arm bands, og both arms should make i verry easy to identify enemy's...

I still think its not too much to ask of people to communicate, observe other team mates and have some control.

In my experience the only time friendly fire really happens is when the people who are out front take an objective and all the people who are hiding at the back decide its their turn to kill things and so kill their own team in front of them

• Supporters

Hmmm... I lit up a team mate on Sunday b/c I didn't see his single armband. We were defending the fort at Skirmish, Budby and he had sneaked into one of the entrance ways without me noticing - when he came back inside all I saw was a target with no identifying colour and all he saw was Phatima spitting plastic death at him...

we do single red/yellow arm band both teams. would be cool to have just camo colours but in the manner of balancing teams itl likely would cause a major headache as its bad enough splitting the regular vets and rentals without the rest in-between getting divided different camo and having the teams with an equal chance off the bat. never mind the fairness of different camos being more visible at some sites... and i wear black so would always be changing teams...

A headband would be better. Can be seen from all angles and the head is usually the 1st part you see.

A site wanting to do things by camo, could provide army surplus berets to those without a choice of camo. Would be cheaper than overalls.

• Supporters

That's not a bad idea actually, although minging sweaty hats would be unpleasant. They could have a set of OD and Tan baseball caps/berrets/helmet covers, regulars would no doubt have their own, but seeing as caps are like £6 if you buy them yourself, they could do a bulk load and sell them perhaps.

• Supporters

Berets have to be washed in cold water or they shrink so it would be cheap enough to keep 'em clean.

@M_P: I think the more generalised tan vs green plain/camo headgear & get one from the site box if you don't have your own approach would work. That way you could still mix and match your loadout bits'n'bobs because only your headgear colour would count.

• Supporters

No, I've got it now... those Japanese flags on the poles attached to our backs :)

Best part is they won't get lost among the stringy bits of a Ghille suit, no more friendly fire incidents for snipers! People will be able to tell which side they're on from a mile away :D

Archived