G&G C7a1

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

tumblr_mr5fatAcS11r91nuuo1_1280.png

Looks good, I'd prefer the retractable stock variant but that'll probably be released eventually too. Will probably be expensive though.

It does actually have the price written on it, Marcus lol. Works out around £300, plus VAT and import stuffs, it'll probably be around the £350 mark, or less depending on how many get shipped over and what the bulk order bonuses are like for the shops.

Are those the correct trades I spy on the lower receiver?

On a G&G?

What witchcraft is this?

Now if they'd just make a C8...

Where'd you get the info from? I can't find anything by Googling it.

• Supporters

It does actually have the price written on it, Marcus lol. Works out around £300, plus VAT and import stuffs, it'll probably be around the £350 mark, or less depending on how many get shipped over and what the bulk order bonuses are like for the shops.

I know but in airsoft the conversion from dollars to pounds is often near enough 1:1. With the optic included, that's probably enough for the price over here to be around £400 than £300- though that's purely speculation from me :)

The trades look a little bit over-sized and off-colour, but otherwise pretty spot on.

It looks like G&G will also be making and selling an ELCAN M145/C79 sight (hopefully separate from the C7), always good to see more optics put on the market. IF they are, I hope its more use than their SUSAT...

I think part of the problem is the colour.

I don't think the real C7s are that green. I'm pretty sure they're a muted olive-drab, rather than the rather vivid green G&G are actually making them in. Either way, if I ever pick one up, I'll also be picking up a can of krylon...

• Supporters

I imagine on release the green will be correct early images of the gk5 or whatever its called were off-colour too.

Its now on their website and Facebook page along with an all black version (I mean the colour, not one made for a rugby team)

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Quick overview from a canadian airsoft store owner

I have one sitting in my store right now and here are my thoughts on it.

-The green is way to bright, its some kind of puke green and nowhere close to what the C7 was.

-The fire selector markings are HK style and not the correct "S" "R" "A" that the C7 has.

-The "Canadian Forces" trademarks are all wrong. Slapping a maple leaf on the side of a rifle doesnt make it a good C7 clone.

-The barrel is wrong, Canadian issue C7s have a smooth barrel not a ribbed finish on them.

-The flash hider is wrong, the C7 has a standard AR style flash hider, not the KA style with the suppressor centring notch.

-The C79 is all wrong, it lacks the correct trades and the metal wingnuts the A2s have on them. it has the Radioactive marking on the bottom but its very sloppy. The retical is also wrong, close, but still wrong.

-The Thermold mag is very poorly made and did not fit nicely into the gun.

-The Thermold mag has not been used in over 15 years and was taken out of service long before the A2 series of rifles was introduced.

-The lack of the ambi features the A2 offers such as the selector, mag release and charging handle.

-The rifle itself is a strange mix of an A1 but with A2 attempted features.

-It DOES NOT have the blowback everyone is talking about.

I'm assuming he's not a fan of G&G :lol:

• Supporters

To my mind the only good thing about it is the green Elcan, but it's a bit 'fiddle-de-de where's me pot o' gold will yer have a Guiness?'. Still, it might be ok with a G&P OD furniture kit on an AK74... if it was calmed down with a coat of Krylon through a tight stretched stocking.

It's a little disappointing to read (if true), as it seems this is the first time G&G have dropped the ball on a project so badly. (For a long time, considering how good their recent, 2010+ stuff has been).

Not that it matters, I'm still hoping for a C8...

Archived