Best beginner pistol?

jaeproductions
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey I'm just wondering about good beginner pistols, although I'm not getting one right now I've only just got my first AEG, just wanting ideas.

I've seen a Palco Firepower Raider C02 for £40, which I know wont be great but looks good for me, as a beginner.

That's about how much I want to spend, maybe up to £50-£60.

Thanks.

justbbguns.co.uk there doing kimber gasblow back pistols for £59.99 atm and if u need it two tone its an extra tenner i belive from what i have heard there ok not great but at £60 worth the money for an entry level side arm

• Supporters

I don't think you really need a "beginners" side arm.

As a beginner your rifle will be enough, if you've got money to spend it would make more sense to upgrade your rifle, or just buy a ton of BBs in bulk so you can shoot at people more, to make up for any slight range or accuracy disadvantages you might have.

In my experience, of the two pistols I've owned neither of them ever saw enough use for me to justify having bought them. I've never got a kill with either of them and adding up the cost of them to buy + mags + ammo + gas I must've spent over £300 on them both, and gained nothing from them at all, except extra weight around my waist from having it attached to me.

I see them more as something to have as a back up if you ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY run out of ammo, or if you're caught short reloading, or even just for authenticity if you're going for a specific look.

If you're going to have a pistol, you might as well spend a lot of money on it (£100+) so that you can guarantee it works. Since most pistols are gas dependent the weather plays a key factor, so if you want to be able to realistically use your pistol, you're going to need something in the upper end of the "quality" range so that you can rely on it to actually work when you draw it from your holster.

Both my full metal pistols, which were £100+ nearly always vent gas everywhere after less than one mag, even last weekend when it was over 20 degrees C. If anything I'd say just buy more mags and forget about a sidearm.

Never killed anyone!!!

Jeez i think i have more kills with my pistol than my rifles combined :P

Only pistol I ever had was a HFC springer revolver. Hit 1 person in 2 skirmishes with it, then decided ti took up a mag pouch so a mag for my aeg would be a better choice. If you are just starting out, don't bother for at least a season until you are settled and happy with your AEG selection (and you will have more than 1 by the end of the year) then look at a pistol.

• Supporters

Pistols are awesome!, clearly it's because he's using useless Sig's ;)

That pistol is fine, mate - we have them at PB and for £40 they are great, they fire a stupid amount of rounds on 1 CO2 bulb - something over 100 for sure and with CO2 they work greta in winter too.

I use my pistols just as much as long guns - they brilliant fun and much lighter and smaller, great for close up work.

Pistols are awesome!, clearly it's because he's using useless Sig's ;)

That pistol is fine, mate - we have them at PB and for £40 they are great, they fire a stupid amount of rounds on 1 CO2 bulb - something over 100 for sure and with CO2 they work greta in winter too.

I use my pistols just as much as long guns - they brilliant fun and much lighter and smaller, great for close up work.

Ah yeh Dave from Patrol Base that's the gun I was on about actually cos I saw it on the counter.

• Supporters

Useless Sigs? You blasphemous fool!

My Sig was actually alright for a while, but then the performance took a dive and the mags ceased to hold gas.

My MEU is no better. Managed 10 shots through it on Sunday and it vented and it's not like it was cold on Sunday. It vented so badly that when I tried to regas it was like the valve was stuck open, it just spewed out the top as fast as I put it in.

With CO2 mags it's a beast, but the seals and the valve are both shite and since the mags are £35 I don't plan on buying another any time soon when the last one only lasted about 200 shots...

So I'm looking to TM, trading realism for performance. If a plastic pistol works as badly as a metal one for me then I'm going to be royally peeved with a lot of you.

"TM this, TM that..." I'm jumping on the bandwagon off the back of all this plastic performance crap. I hope you're not all talking out of your arses.

• Supporters

TM ARE IN THE PAST PEOPLE!

KWA's perform Fine Here in the True North none of you Panzy North england Crap here Mind you i use a G19.

the only TM I'll think of Buying is A TM MK23 Because i want something for Travelling with Simple and Sniper Performance when Done up Apparently shame about it being an NBB

• Supporters

I've heard mixed reviews about KWA. I'd love the P226 PTP but I need some truly, monumentally concrete evidence to believe they really perform as well as some people say.

One of my mates recently bought the M93R with the NS2 system and I'm really unimpressed with it.

• Supporters

i Know what the Problem is Their NOT Glock'S i'll take a VID Of MY G19 at SomePoint to Show you Admittedly Gas Consumption is by no mean's great but i can get 2 Mag's on an Average day that's 42 shots

I've heard mixed reviews about KWA. I'd love the P226 PTP but I need some truly, monumentally concrete evidence to believe they really perform as well as some people say.

One of my mates recently bought the M93R with the NS2 system and I'm really unimpressed with it.

If you're at the AAF in october i could bring mine down for you to have a little try.

my KWC M92 cost me £60 and has got me 20 kills within 2 skirmishes and it takes green gas well chronoing at 300 fps

• Supporters

Palco Firepower (USP) Co2 Airsoft Pistol

Well I'm on the "plastic lasts" bandwagon too and for £35 I thought fμ<Ж it and bought one!

Don't want to tempt fate or whatever but fingers crossed I'll win that Tanfoglio Custom pistol, but if not then I think I'll go with the Raider C02.

Might as well have a look on these forums too, see if anybody's selling a good cheap pistol, and the KWC M92 that westy's got looks great too.

• Supporters

The reason I've been vaguely keeping an eye out for cheap gas pistols new is because I have very little faith in gas pistols per se, to last anyway. However, if this thing goes wrong within a year, I don't care how cheap it is, it's going back!

• Supporters
If you're at the AAF in october i could bring mine down for you to have a little try.

I more than likely will be there, so it'd be awesome to try it out if you wouldn't mind bringing it along.

I think waiting for the AAF before buying a pistol would actually be a good idea. There might even be someone there that's got a TM Sig for sale.

• Supporters

I'd go for an AEP before you get a CO2 or GBB pistol mate, Cyma do some good ones

Thanks sword I'll consider that too.

I did see a CYMA Glock 18 AEP a couple of days ago, it is about £30 or so more expensive than the C02 NBB USP but the advantage is 100 round extended magazines are about £8 inc. shipping from airsoft-club.

I'm still pretty new to airsoft but I got myself a WE 1911 GBB after my third skirmish. I've had no problems with it to be honest. it doesnt take much effort to learn how to maintain one. Its simple to strip, and can get just over 2 mags down range after filling up. Plus it comes with a spare magazine too. Although the sights are all black so you might want to come up with a way to put some white dots on there.

I think with a GBB pistol it's whatever you're comfortable with. But im still a newbie so, what do I know :P

Thanks sword I'll consider that too.

I did see a CYMA Glock 18 AEP a couple of days ago, it is about £30 or so more expensive than the C02 NBB USP but the advantage is 100 round extended magazines are about £8 inc. shipping from airsoft-club.

yeah exactly i do really like them, great for beginners, can't really go wrong with them

Archived