Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7839 posts in this topic

Heh, well I put a fair bit in the savings too while I was down there, plus all the beer money (about the only thing you could get hold of easily at mount pleasant), but there's.... hmm, you know actually I've no idea of the total value of that lot, but you eat for free when deployed and get an extra couple of hundred quid each month on top of your normal pay packet which is pretty handy for increasing the old armoury.

I've not yet compiled a list of it all but everything you see there will be appearing in a more detailed, focused fashion in the various appropriate threads around the forum. :)

They have airsoft in the Falklands?

Todays' arrivals:

IMG_0019.jpg

Because:

• Continuing to use my mothers' compact was getting a bit ridiculous with the amount of pictures I take
  • The KJW takes all my TM mags and I don't care how worn out/scratched up it gets because it was cheap, ideal for practising drills without worrying about causing wear to my more expensive 1911s
  • A leather wallet just isn't nearly tacticool enough for an airsofter
  • You can never, ever have enough paracord in your life

Too. Much. Stuff. :D

But seriously, looking forward to seeing what you do with the Scar :)

Heh, yeah my room here at home is pretty much a building site right now because the wardrobes I used to have were completely over-flowing. Had to rip them out, then remove the chimney breast to get a couple of extra square feet of floor space and my entire collection is currently sitting in massive cardboard boxes, waiting on a bespoke 3 x floor-to-ceiling double door cupboard installation going in with plenty of gun racks, hanging rails for rigs and shelving for all those little bits like mags, gloves, helmets etc. There will eventually come a point where I'm actually going to have to sell a gun or a rig every time I want to buy something new just to create a space.

Unfortunately there isn't actually a massive amount to do to the SCAR, purely because of the construction of them. You can't change the stocks or receivers and you're stuck with the supplied pistol grip on the TM version. You can thread on a barrel extension, but then you've probably just chosen the length you wanted when you decided which to buy between the standard and the CQB. The RS extension rail systems aren't compatible and there isn't an awful lot of rail space at the sides or underneath for mounting. So yeah, little bit limited but the main thing end of the day is just that it's a really high quality EBB rifle, definitely more of a kick than the SOPMOD family rifles as well which is really nice.

Oh dear, when you said PODL I thought you meant Post Operational Deployment Leave! Falklands!! MPA is like butlins with rubbish weather, I've been on more operational trips to the pub than 4 months in the Falklands!

Some nice stuff there though, 7 months at sea from september (boo, hiss) should sort my finances out a treat. And then I can splurge massively on the credit card for 6 months before going away again... never learn.

It's called PODL wherever you go, at least that's the acronym we always use regardless of theatre. If you thought I was implying I'd just got back from afghan then I can only apologise for the mis-understanding, I just used the terminology I'm accustomed to.

Your butlins must've been pretty physical though, because doing 18 mile bergan tabs with the army and munitions disposal at a holiday park in Skegness sounds quite extreme? :P

Mmm, delicious patriotism.

That is a great looking object mate, but I also remember a great quote I read somewhere...

"Patriotism is an extreme form of Stockholm Syndrome"

The comment just seemed relevant to the chocolate really, not intended to move in to anything political/philosophical. Simply; I like my country, that's why I don't mind being in job where any time day or night they can say to me "pack a bag, you're off to some unpleasant land full of unfriendly locals for an indeterminate amount of time" and I'd be contractually obliged to do as I was told.

No offence intended, mate. There are many reasons for being a soldier and I respect most of them, even patriotism, despite my general attitude, so long as it's genuinely thought through rather than a muddled inherited mind set. But, as you say, this is neither the time nor place to go further ;)

A rail system for a gun I do not own.

I'm smarticles :D

Finius is going to love you, Hugh lol.

Hahaha, I know - hell, I was one of the "don't use rails" crowd a few months back! I believe that if I was catholic, I should be saying "Father, forgive me for I have sinned" repeatedly at this point...

I'm also thinking that I should probably try and sell something at this point, like the battered remains of my R85A1, or my very battered and bruised LSW.

Some cheap NBB Gas M9 and a spring revolver... Wtf? Why?!

I should have bought a Nerf gun... I can shoot the people I love without getting locked up/drop kicked by the girlfriend!

Od overalls and some black fox bmx gloves

Magpul MS3 QD sling in coyote

Everything in the photo, besides the Desert Eagle, for 150 quid. It's a CA M15A4, KSC USP and mags etc.

Damn that's a good find. Well done Sir!

+1

Damn that's a good find. Well done Sir!

Indeed it is! However, I think the USP needs a look, and it needs a new mag, don't suppose you know where I could get one?

Indeed it is! However, I think the USP needs a look, and it needs a new mag, don't suppose you know where I could get one?

wolf armouries are your best bet mate