SELTS090

side arm loadout

16 posts in this topic

evening all

 

looking to get a side arm for my ares striker so im looking for some insperation! not sure what to go for personally as only ever owned a tm gold match and a glock aep.

 

looking to possibly make it an indoor primary too!

 

post away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TM Mk23 non blow back pistol is a good indoor primary.  It has range, is very quiet, and gas efficient.  However, it is large and does not fit standard sized holsters, but is great fun to use.

Albiscuit and SELTS090 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep eyeing one of these up! so bloody expensive though so im like do i or dont i! my sniper has gone for some upgrades so awaiting the bill for that too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try the ASG/STTI version of the MK23 first?

 

It doesn't quite have the same magic as the TM, but still very good.

It's only about £55-70 and it'll give you an idea if it'll work for you and the set up you're going for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

The TM Mk23 non blow back pistol is a good indoor primary.  It has range, is very quiet, and gas efficient.  However, it is large and does not fit standard sized holsters, but is great fun to use.

 

Seconded, my MK23 is my only CQB primary, hell I probably got just as many kills with it as I did my Krytac SPR when I was at Dorking the other week (woodland).

Jedi_Master and SELTS090 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trigger on the Mk23 is awful though, making a few fast shots with it is more difficult than it would be with a GBB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed its not the fastest trigger response, had a go on a hi cappa once and nearly wet myself, was like full auto the way I could fling bbs..:D

 

But I do love the stealth aspect of a MK23,  :ph34r: never felt I couldnt get a shot or two off fast enough so works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Performance wise the Gold Match is up there, you're not really going to be a TM GBB like a Hi-Capa for performance out of the box; anything from VFC/Cybergun, WE, KJW etc just isn't going to work as well most likely.

 

You could get a standard model 5.1 Hi-Capa so you'd have magazine compatibility.  If you want a more military look, I can't recommend the TM P226E2 highly enough, I've tried a lot of pistols and that thing has been my go-to for some years now.  Alternatively the M9A1, or if you want a slimmer grip and don't mind losing gas capacity the Night Warrior or MEU.  Buy - leave stock - get a good kydex holster - use.  No need to do anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a few pistols, most of them WE ones. The TM MK23 is next on my list to buy. I use sidearms quite a lot during games, and usually take my Sig 226 out with 5 magazines. Also, on a really hot day, I lose the heavy camo and M4 and just go out with a shirt, shorts and Glock 19.

 

the thing with pistols is it's not just buying the pistol, but then the spare mags, then the holster, then the mag carrier. My Glock 19 setup probably adds up to £220. My Sig setup £280.

 

The WE Glock 19 has the best recoil and snappiness of any pistol I've shot, but the most comfortable to hold is the Walther PPQ (Umarex/VFC). The Sig has the best balance of ergonomics and snappy recoil, but needs accuracy upgrades from the box.

 

The TM MK23 is unrealistic to play with, but from a tactical perspective, probably the best money can buy out of the box. Downside is the sheer size of it, and most holsters will not fit it. If you're willing to spend the dough, Safariland make a drop leg tactical holster for it which has an integrated double mag carrier too, but hats off to the person who spends as much on the holster as they do on the gun itself! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit when sniping I want an automatic sidearm, so I have the WE 18c and the 26c Advanced, both lift .3s with ease and are accurate with good range, I use the Warrior Assault universal pistol holster which is superb and I highly recommend to everyone. 

The other pistol I like is the CZ09 just for its huge range and accuracy; I have yet to purchase one but its on my to do list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having owned a TM M&P9 and a TM HK45 I'd say that most pistols just don't compare, the plastic slides means they are just so reliable and so gas efficient, the accuracy is second to none as well! WE etc just don't seem to compare! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Having owned a TM M&P9 and a TM HK45 I'd say that most pistols just don't compare, the plastic slides means they are just so reliable and so gas efficient, the accuracy is second to none as well! WE etc just don't seem to compare! 

 

I would have to agree,

just got a second hand kwa g18c as I wanted an automatic sidearm to use as I've switched to a primary with a MED. it's good fun to spray and prey with but doesn't compare to my TM hi-capa in terms or range,accuracy or efficiency. I haven't field tested this loadout yet but I'm going to continue to run my hi-capa in a condor tactical drop leg holster that I've modded so it sits higher up my thigh and only uses one leg strap and the g18c on my plate carrier in a viper modular holster. Thought about using a Serpa but this way I can switch both guns between holsters in the field 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ninjacabbage said:

 

I would have to agree,

just got a second hand kwa g18c as I wanted an automatic sidearm to use as I've switched to a primary with a MED. it's good fun to spray and prey with but doesn't compare to my TM hi-capa in terms or range,accuracy or efficiency. I haven't field tested this loadout yet but I'm going to continue to run my hi-capa in a condor tactical drop leg holster that I've modded so it sits higher up my thigh and only uses one leg strap and the g18c on my plate carrier in a viper modular holster. Thought about using a Serpa but this way I can switch both guns between holsters in the field 

Sounds like a good set up, whats the hi-capa like? Thinking about getting a Gold match next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Sounds like a good set up, whats the hi-capa like? Thinking about getting a Gold match next week.

 

Their great couldn't recommend them enough! accurate,good range, efficient and super reliable.bought mine off a mate who had used it for a year, I've been using it solid for the past 4 years and it still never misses beat. Changed the hop rubber  but other then that it's completely stock, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ninjacabbage said:

 

Their great couldn't recommend them enough! accurate,good range, efficient and super reliable.bought mine off a mate who had used it for a year, I've been using it solid for the past 4 years and it still never misses beat. Changed the hop rubber  but other then that it's completely stock, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Couldn't agree more about if it ain't broke don't fix it! My first few airsoft guns I owned I liked to tinker with and they'd end up breaking but now with my TMs I've just left them alone and they've been incredible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Hi Cappas, I would love one myself but as mentioned though it all the extras which put me off spending money on pistols, I need 4/5 mags for mine as I use them a lot, new holster etc. It all adds up to a primary weapon cost :(

 

On another note I have a 3d printed Holster for my MK23 and its a little strange and not as quick draw as a normal holster (it attaches by a lug in the space by the trigger) it was not really expensive and means you can have all/as many attachments on it as you wish. The silence, LAM or other lights etc do not affect it.

https://www.socomtactical.net/dtd-mk23-pistol-locking-retention-holster-black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now