Gear storage

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Where do you stick all your gear when you aren't playing? I'm thinking of building something as I always see to lose stuff around the house. I came across this and think its a brilliant idea.

post-8040-0-52735300-1389065123_thumb.jpg

A wardrobe.

That crate looks great but it's not holding a great deal. You need something tall enough to store guns in, with space for all the clothing and drawers for smaller items such as magazines, batteries bb's etc. Luckily, being single and an untidy bastard I had a mostly empty wardrobe as my clothes store nicely in a heap in the corner of my bedroom :D

Another idea might be to get a shed?

i like it. was thinking of something similar for the boot of my car to store my guns in(particularly the tommy) currently most of my gear is lying in a heap in my boot, whilst my guns are stored next to the gun cabinet( in periods of prolonged disuse they are stored in it...) seeing as i have my nieces comming over to isit soon i may have to come up with something in between...

• Supporters

Yeah, a shed. That sounds like the right size, but I don't have a garden to put one in. I think my only sensible option at this stage is to convert my attic, because the 'bachelor pad' approach where i too keep my loadouts hung up, my mags boxed below, and my headgear in the top, of a wardrobe and my clothes on the floor, with guns and bits of guns scattered everywhere...

...is becoming a pain in the arse for many reasons.

I use a double wardrobe in my spare room, I has shelves for all my kit(basher, bungees etc). and enough space for both my bergens, body armour, webbing 4 pairs of boots, deployment bags and hanging space for my uniforms, gortex, mess kit etc.

It keeps it all out of the way of the kids rummaging around in it and its out of site of the Mrs. :(:(

I'm going to get one of those box deedlies with wheels that goes under your bed. However if I had a bigger collection it wouldn't be practical.

You mean a gorilla box?

• Supporters

and its out of site of the Mrs. :(:(

You mean you don't have a his'n'hers MTP section?

AEG's in a locked wall mounted cupboard in the garage. Kit in my grandad's WWII metal trunk from when he was in the RAF, with the backpack of day stuff on top of it. However it is dwarfed in comparison to all my re-enacting kit which now takes up a shed, spare room double wardrobe, and 2 sets of draws and part of the loft!

I keep some of my stuff mounts on pegboard in the old bedroom turned part of my room / study thing and then some misc stuff and bits I don't use in one of those big 20-30L storage boxes in the corner. Hoping to get some shelves up too.

post-7670-0-79061600-1389457594_thumb.jpg post-7670-0-93569900-1389457687_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

I'd suggest a gorilla box or something similar, can store a hell of a lot.

It'll take all the kit in this picture (minus the sleeping bags) plus an mp5 so assuming you're putting more guns and less kit, it'll take loads. Also good for taking to and from sites with the wheels and easiness to carry.

post-2387-0-59662800-1389797200_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I have a 100litre police kitbag that I never though I would fill, but is now overflowing and back breaking to move around. Nice bag though.

Archived