What does everyone think of this for a team name?

MrCheesman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It's a perfectly fine name as long as you can back it up. In general terms I always find that people that name their club/team whatever as "Elite" or "Professional" or some other superlative seem to lack the ability that said superlative implies. Now granted should we meet on the field of (plastic) battle and you hand my arse to me then I'll be the first to acknowledge that you are indeed "1337" (joke for the geeks there). The mask is cool though.

Loz

Proud member of Team Gagglef*ck.

• Supporters

Read my post back and thought it might be a bit harsh.

Just to be clear here, I'm not having a pop at MrCheeseman himself or indeed his airsoft prowess.

As you were.

• Supporters

Lozart i know your not having a go and i will certianly try to prove myself.

Also glad you like the mask and if anyone can think of any better names please let me know

• Supporters

S.U.S. = Special Undies Service

• Supporters

S.A.S

Super Army Soldiers.

That's the name of a local team here :D

That's so lame, even as a joke, eh?

I mean, "Super Actionman Squad", I'm having that, but "Super Army Soldiers" sounds far to much like taking themselves way too seriously.

How about S.O.S. = Sussex Over 5's Squad?

Well I'm not a massive fan of ultra elite commando sensation team names. But each to their own. At my regular site we have the BMC with a scary looking skull patch, team alpha unit or summat with an ace patch and some other ultra sensation elite fighting commando squad team unit clan........ my team is called wait for it...... DADS ARMY! Yes because we're all old (ish) and dads obv. We also Nicked the slogan "don't panic" now before I get shot down in regards to not taking it serious we do. In actual fact where not too bad lol. My point being choose whatever you feel fits. I like the bit of humour we get when asked for a team name but that's just my opinion.

I'd take humour over spec. ops 1337-ness for a team name any day. Airsoft is meant to be fun based as it is a non-serious hobby, I mean look at the people who play dressed up as father christmas, the easter bunny, giant presents etc. I even saw a guy play in a full-on tellytubby costume once, and it was freaky as hell.

• Supporters

On the "Dad's Army" theme: POP = Privates On Parade :)

• Supporters

My Uni society have nicknamed themselves SHAT - Sheffield Hallam Airsoft Team.

Changing Society, to Team just had to be done. Doesn't change our outlook on the game though, names mean little imo.

In fact, having a stupid name can piss people off when you beat them haha.

My Uni society have nicknamed themselves SHAT - Sheffield Hallam Airsoft Team.

Changing Society, to Team just had to be done. Doesn't change our outlook on the game though, names mean little imo.

In fact, having a stupid name can piss people off when you beat them haha.

Replacing "Airsoft" with "Infantry" would make my day!!!

Archived