SkyNews chose this pic for a "British Soldier" .... There is something about it that I just cannot put my finger on.....

Groot

• Supporters

It's a stock photo of a "British soldier" from iStock. Lazy journalism for sure but maybe not quite the gotcha you think it is.

That looks like a UK helmet cover loosely stretched over a US style mich helmet, and a generic M4 rather than an L119a1. And scrim scarves haven't been worn by anyone in the forces under the age of 50 for about 20 years. Definitely an airsoft image!

3 hours ago, Groot said:

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

It's a stock photo of a "British soldier" from iStock. Lazy journalism for sure but maybe not quite the gotcha you think it is.

…… and an uncropped versionIMG_3937.thumb.jpeg.51875139837aa2c4fbdd9e0bb5784a7f.jpeg

Shame that most of you won’t be able to see the full RUSI content (which the article references), some extracts will get uploaded on YouTube, the more interesting points happen with live mics during breaks …..

https://youtube.com/@rusiorg?si=hB2hJOuxpT3SC8jl

….. If any of you do have access to yesterdays full 7 hour stream then replay between 3:59:20 and 4:00:10

stream 

If that really is a British soldier he needs to go on 6 and 10’s showing correct kit haha 😂

Definitely airsoft. If you zoom in on the magazine on the right I'm sure you can just make out the top of the feed tubeScreenshot_20240723-160157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19b7cdd72ef51c6a59cce26767e47b5c.jpg

• Supporters

Could be worse, the BBC used the UNSC logo from HALO instead of the United Nations Security Council one on a piece about Syria. Live, on the news.

To be fair, this stuff is everywhere. Remember the White House Department for Agriculture listed Wakanda as a trade partner nation..which was only put on the list as a test to see if the staff were checking stuff..

4 hours ago, hunter511 said:

I've seen an advert for joining the army..... featuring a royal marine commando complete with flashes as the model.

When was this ?

An official Army campaign or something knocked together with a stock photo beside it?

Just to be sure though - was it a Marine commando flash or a commando flash?

There are Army qualified commandos who wear the Army commando flash

(Note that Army commandos precede the Royal Marine commandos)

You’re not thinking of the time that the Marines bought the adverising slot in the middle of an Army fly on the wall documentary?