Tracer BB's

So I've ordered an Acetech bifrost tracer unit.

Which apparently does multiple colours, RGB etc.

I can only find Red/Green tracer bb's online?

Sounds daft but how can i fire all the other colours, or is there something I'm missing? (probably) 

Cheers

I think it's just multi coloured flame effect from the front facing leds. 

As fas as I’m aware, tracer beebs only come in either red or green, they are illuminated by uv led’s in the tracer unit

I think the Bifrost has rgb flash at the exit allowing you lgbt colours at the muzzle (doesn’t do rainbow coloured tracer effect though)  

I've a Bifrost, from a tracer perspective you're looking at red or green BBs. It's the muzzle flash that's RGB etc and it illuminates any BB's / gasses as they leave the barrel but your BB will be either red or green.

What a tracer is doing is subjecting your BB to UV light to activate the elements in the BB that make it glow, the colour is down to the BB itself. It's doing this as it the BB passes through the unit.

You've then got the LED's at the front of your unit, which is the muzzle flash. This is independent of the tracer and is just a bit of fun really and is where you can choose colours etc.

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I love Bifrosts; they make it so much easier to identify targets.

Agreed. They act like a nice big sign saying shoot here

Can someone advise a nice AceTech tracer which doesn't do the muzzle flash? (Or just give a general overview of the different models they do?) 

I'm debating if I should get a titchy one to keep the rifle as short as possible, or if I should buy one that can go inside this nice gemtech suppressor that I have.

If you're going to announce where you're shooting from by using tracers you're as well going all in and having the flashy bit too.

10 hours ago, Herrgh said:

Can someone advise a nice AceTech tracer which doesn't do the muzzle flash?

I believe they're mostly multi-mode and therefore you can turn off the muzzle flash if you want, I certainly can with the bifrost - along with sniper mode that'll also illuminate 1 in 4 shots or something like that. You'll find most of AceTech's stuff revolves around a couple of their tracer units and the real differences are just in the looks, I got mine because I liked the look of it and the muzzle flash is just a bit of fun - sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. 

If you want something small I also have a Xcortech XT301 mk2 which I use on my pistol.

17 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

If you're going to announce where you're shooting from by using tracers you're as well going all in and having the flashy bit too.

Not necessarily true.

The bifrosts do the flashing, so when a team mate in the same building as me in at tuddenham was shooting it at night, everyone in the room got briefly lit up/back lit. We got cleared out pretty quick because of it. Non flashing tracers in suppressors only light up the bb, so it's friendlier to your team (by not lighting them up) mates and yourself. 

Also, when I run a tracer I only have 1 in 3/4 bbs as a tracer(as a ratio, I don't hand load them), the rest are standard bbs so they don't glow as they fly and if you can see the flash from down my suppressor....smile! I also run red tracers as they aren't as bright, but still allow me to track the bbs (just). I can then be sure my bbs are where my red dot is and something funky isn't happening such as a messed up hop, suppressor strikes, shooting the window frame and not through it etc.

All that being said, it means you get the benefits of seeing where your bbs are going in the dark, without giving away your location too much. 

Edited by Emergencychimps
for clarification

Just depends how you want your realism. Ppl make it harder for themselves with a more realistic GBB, same for a tracer/muzzle flash/muzzle smoke. Id love a flash/smoke thing, i dont need my bullets to light up.

I imagine the closest you'd get now to real is muzzle flash lighting the last of the gas out of a gbbr with a muzzle flash unit.

I just don't want the hassle and cost of Gbbr mags (or an umbilical)

4 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

I just don't want the hassle and cost of Gbbr mags (or an umbilical)

I think you mean Gunbilical 😉😂

My mate did accidental sweary when he tried mine a couple of years ago 😆

Edited by Enid_Puceflange