New to upgrading! (Need Help)

Yashy

Hello! I currently run a stock SA-H22 Specna arms 2.0

Simple question, Could anyone recommend me some links to make the gun have more range, and accuracy? (Something that also wont make the gun unreliable and break faster) I have an airsoft tech that lives close to me and I can easily ask her to help. Any help would really be helpfull. Thank you ❤️

The first things to try are making sure the barrel is clean and then try heavier ammo. It's surprising how much extra range you can get from simply using different weight bbs.

If this doesn't work then my next step would be to swap out the hop rubber, I recommend a Maple Leaf macroon 50⁰. This is a cheap and easy job (even I managed it without a problem and I've got the tech skills of a drunken chimpanzee)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

The first things to try are making sure the barrel is clean and then try heavier ammo. It's surprising how much extra range you can get from simply using different weight bbs.

If this doesn't work then my next step would be to swap out the hop rubber, I recommend a Maple Leaf macroon 50⁰. This is a cheap and easy job (even I managed it without a problem and I've got the tech skills of a drunken chimpanzee)

Do this.

Heavier ammo will require the hop to be turned up a bit, but if you can't turn the hop up enough to get it shooting flat before it starts having issues (eg misfeeding or failing to fire) then move on to the second paragraph.

Barrel cleaning is something you should get into the habit of doing, at least before every game day.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Yashy said:

Hello! I currently run a stock SA-H22 Specna arms 2.0

Simple question, Could anyone recommend me some links to make the gun have more range, and accuracy? (Something that also wont make the gun unreliable and break faster) I have an airsoft tech that lives close to me and I can easily ask her to help. Any help would really be helpfull. Thank you ❤️

How much more range? What sort of range are you getting now?

46 minutes ago, Lozart said:

How much more range? What sort of range are you getting now?

That is a very good question. I would say before you start buy a chrono find out what the gun is doing and how consistent it is. get a few samples of heavy weight BBs next time you are at a game site use their range to see what BBs give you the best range and go from there. A well set up AEG will be accurate (hitting centre mass consistently) 50 to 60 metres you are not going to get much further than that longest I have seen a AEG shoot accurately is 80m and that was tuned to high heaven. 

Edited by BigStew

• Jedi_Master changed the title to New to upgrading! (Need Help)
  • Supporters

And bear in mind that the incoming fire that you're trying to emulate could be coming from a hot gun, or a DMR being trigger-spammed.