Cyma ebb grach aep

Just now, JinxDuh said:

Can’t be any worse than the raptor 🤣

I like the hop up adjuster, that’s very slick!

Yeah. I had one of the original raptor pistols when they first came out and I had it all of a day of trying to get more than 3 shots in a row before sending it back for a refund. 

Just now, HuttArmouries said:

Yeah. I had one of the original raptor pistols when they first came out and I had it all of a day of trying to get more than 3 shots in a row before sending it back for a refund. 

Same issue, just I didn’t send mine back and still have it 😂

Can no-one really come up with a way to reliably get closer to 300fps out of an AEP?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Can no-one really come up with a way to reliably get closer to 300fps out of an AEP?

not without an external propellent. its just down to the cylinder size you can fit in them and how much piston travel you can get. Id still call 200 fps pretty good considering it has a whole blowback mech in it too  

Edited by HuttArmouries

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

They can (kingdom airsoft did it) no one would be willing to pay what it cost. 

I had a little plink on the Friday just gone with one somebody had at the site. It's suprisingly pretty zippy and satisfying to use - I'd imagine it'd be a great alternative to your average GBB pistol during the colder months or if you just want 'a pistol that works' but with a little more soul than your average NBB/AEP, plus it's a grach which is extra bonus points

11 hours ago, pyromancer6 said:

I had a little plink on the Friday just gone with one somebody had at the site. It's suprisingly pretty zippy and satisfying to use - I'd imagine it'd be a great alternative to your average GBB pistol during the colder months or if you just want 'a pistol that works' but with a little more soul than your average NBB/AEP, plus it's a grach which is extra bonus points

Yeah. This is kinda why I wanted one. I like the idea of something that will reliably work all year round. I have a tm pistol for warmer times. 

Posted (edited)

So I just got mine. Fairly stiff prime by hand but it is surprisingly snappy. Trigger is quite nice if fairly light. Safety feels a little cheap and despite being on both sides the safeties are not connected. Both of them disconnect the trigger but you are gonna have to pick one and leave the other off. I dont tend to use manual safeties anyway so this isnt really an issue for me. Not the first clue on how to disassemble and there is no manual in the box. had one or two jams due to not charging the battery fully meaning the gears didnt quite make it all the way around but racking the slide spun the gears and put it back into manual and with a proper charge ive yet to have any issues. Range its pretty good for a sidearm, around 200fps on a .25. It feels a little on the chunky side but Its been a while since I had the raptor so it may just be how the actual grach feels. It isnt noticeably fat like the old 1911 aeps. it looks as it should. 

Edited by HuttArmouries

Posted (edited)

oh. Ive gotten it apart. there are 3 pins in the frame holding the chassis in but you can actually take the slide off like any normal pistol. just punching out the slide release though you do have to make sure it is not cocked first. Internals look very robust, ill post pics later. notably the catch surface, the teeth on the slide and some of the other wear parts seem to be seperately replacable with screwed in inserts. 

Edit: also i was wrong. Left hand safety is entirely aesthetic, right hand is the working one

Edited by HuttArmouries

This looks rather interesting; any idea on how many shots you can get from a fully charged battery?

48 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

This looks rather interesting; any idea on how many shots you can get from a fully charged battery?

not tested that yet but ive fired 3-4 mags through on one charge so far with no signs of slowing down. When I initially stuck it on the charger I only left it for 10 minutes and I got one or two jams where it couldnt quite cock itself but after an hour of charging I havent had a single jam from this charge

Once there are spare mags available unless you are using it as a primary in cqb I dont think battery capacity will be an issue 

Posted (edited)

yeah just tested. About 4 mags is where it starts having issues. so around 64 clean shots and then it every now and again slows down slightly. Still runs but it just sometimes has to take a moment to recock itself. So treating this as if it were the gas capacity of a magazine it is still perfectly fine for a sidarm with the one downside of being more difficult to top up if you are out on a milsim or something. 

On another note the gun seems to have some sort of sleep mode. If I leave it with a mag in for a long while it will take half a second after shooting to actually start recocking itself. I only get this occasionally so im not sure what to make of it yet

Edited by HuttArmouries

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

yeah just tested. About 4 mags is where it starts having issues. so around 64 clean shots and then it every now and again slows down slightly. Still runs but it just sometimes has to take a moment to recock itself. So treating this as if it were the gas capacity of a magazine it is still perfectly fine for a sidarm with the one downside of being more difficult to top up if you are out on a milsim or something. 

On another note the gun seems to have some sort of sleep mode. If I leave it with a mag in for a long while it will take half a second after shooting to actually start recocking itself. I only get this occasionally so im not sure what to make of it yet

Many thanks for all the information.

64 rounds is pretty decent; however, the "sleep mode" sounds a bit odd. 

I might wait to see what else they bring out as I am not that interested in a Grach.  A Glock would be very tempting.

Edited by Colin Allen

Just now, Colin Allen said:

I might wait to see what else they bring out as I am not that interested in a Grach.  A Glock would be very interesting.

Unfortunately mine didnt come with a manual so i have no idea if the sleep mode is an actual thing or if its just a quirk of leaving the mag in the gun for a while. 

also sample of 1. probably a good idea to wait for a variety of reviews XD

3 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I might wait to see what else they bring out as I am not that interested in a Grach.  A Glock would be very tempting.

So after a bit more testing and another charge ive not been able to get that same issue to happen again. The gun seems to work as it should now. One interesting thing. if you try to cock it for the first round and slip the motor will take over and cock the gun for you