Are teams with red armbands in the disadvantage?

Using green in wood, and on a ghillie at that seems a little unfair. My site usually just has one team banded in blue. Other unbanded.

5 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Technique is as important as outfit in a lot of cases

This, you can have the best camouflage in the world but if your fieldcraft is crap then it won't matter. For example many years ago at a fancy dress game day in a woodland site I had the pleasure of watching a guy dressed as spiderman flank round and get the drop on two guys defending a positionĀ 

Edited by Cannonfodder

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

This, you can have the best camouflage in the world but if your fieldcraft is crap then it won't matter. For example many years ago at a fancy dress game day in a woodland site I had the pleasure of watching a guy dressed as spiderman flank round and get the drop on two guys defending a positionĀ 

Yeah but then that was Spiderman swinging from tree to treeĀ šŸ˜…

• Supporters

Man.. I think I first saw that pic on Arnies probably pushing 13-14 years ago, did not expect for it to pop up ever again.Ā  Got to be one of the first ever 'viral' airsoft images.Ā  What a throwback.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Man.. I think I first saw that pic on Arnies probably pushing 13-14 years ago, did not expect for it to pop up ever again.Ā  Got to be one of the first ever 'viral' airsoft images.Ā  What a throwback.

It was taken at a Christmas fancy dress game in 2008 at Techbrigade,Ā  I never knew it made it onto arnies.

On 02/04/2024 at 08:02, Emergencychimps said:

I've seen this done and it was so much better and fairer.Ā 

Ā 

Also, fuck those people who attach them to their plate carriers so they cant be seen from behind.Ā 

Yup, we do that, and they HAVE to go on the upper arm. No plate carriers or ankles or anything like that.Ā 

One rule for everyone.Ā 

I remember the good old days of Airsoft when it was green dpm Vs tan dpm with maybe one guy rocking some flecktarinĀ 

Ā 

But my take is muted colours blue and red. Purpose is to ID not being an obvious target.

Ā 

Ā 

I played at Driver Wood on Saturday morning - and the orange arm bands are no more! Looks like someone was listening.....

Ā 

After the briefing, out came a big box of much more subdued purple arm bands. Now to see if any of the regulars who always stand on the 'green team' side of the briefing area prior to the bands being given out start to migrate across to other side of the safe area!

Blue Vs Red where I play or Blue Vs no armband. Can't say I have ever seen a red armband mysterious floating in the woods. It's normally the white face and clear glasses. I can sneak around with a red armband and battle maracas all day :)