Bespoke Airsoft - Loudwater

Thanks, Dan. I'm planning another visit soon as I went to the new premises for a collection before they did the soft opening.

I understand they'll be doing a cerakote service in the customisations they offer.

Edited by Galvatron

• 1 month later...

I went to the new shop this month and I'm definitely impressed with the soft launch. It's several times the floor space of the old shop floor.

They're due to complete the indoor 10m range but everything looks promising so far.

Like a lot of industrial estates, parking was a challenge at the old location but there's plenty at the new site.

I'm usually very happy with freebies and I got a complementary patch with my purchase.

20240419_141933b.jpg

I'm still waiting for them to fix my pew.  I phoned them a few weeks ago and w a s told the tech is working through a backlog still.

2 weeks was suggested which happened to be the day I flew to Japan for a surprise family visit.... I'm not back for another week, or until I run out of Sake.

Pity my UKARA expired  otherwise.....well .....you guys know......

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update - They've had 48 days and still haven't started looking at my gun.  Sent them an email today and got a reply "being a private repair, we have not had the chance to get to it yet as we are still going through the backlog of warranty repairs from our move. We will have a look at it when we can but it may not be for a while"

Well Bespoke - it isn't a private repair - it's a warranty repair.

Let's hope it doesn't go any further south and is simply a mistake.

Makes you wonder how many warranty repairs they get as I can't see how the relocation could have had that much of a delay unless their tech was having to do the move all by himself.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Minor update - They've had 48 days and still haven't started looking at my gun.  Sent them an email today and got a reply "being a private repair, we have not had the chance to get to it yet as we are still going through the backlog of warranty repairs from our move. We will have a look at it when we can but it may not be for a while"

Well Bespoke - it isn't a private repair - it's a warranty repair.

Let's hope it doesn't go any further south and is simply a mistake.

Makes you wonder how many warranty repairs they get as I can't see how the relocation could have had that much of a delay unless their tech was having to do the move all by himself.

Sounds like a mob to avoid in the future🤔

Wow, it sounds like they're giving you every excuse under the sun. If it's a repair under warranty my next e mail would say they've got a week to either complete the repair work or issue a full refund or you'll be taking legal action

If they really do have a massive amount of warranty repairs to do then it makes me wonder how crap their stock is

Posted (edited)

Well it's not looking good now.....   Sooo timeline as it stands:

Pew bought last September - never worked properly.

Emailed in November requesting a repair.   Email not replied to.

Emailed again in January asking for a follow up.  Email not replied to.

Went in to store with pew in late February/Early March - was told they are closed for the relocation and to come back to the new place when open.

Went to the new place with pew, original paperwork and copies of emails.  Was told it would take a few weeks and shouldn't be a problem.

48 Days later.... and you have my post above.

Now I have just had an email saying - pew is older than 30 days, was older than 30 days when i first emailed in November and that I now have to pay for the repair which "will be done but as of yet we cannot give an accurate estimate of when."

hhhmmm....

I think we spoke about these warranties before with the shop in Stevenage, but I can't find anywhere in the Consumer RIghts Act that says retailers can place arbitrary limits of warranty - except batteries and perishables anyway.

Either way - certainly not impressed; and considering my response....    😈

Edited by Dan Robinson

• Supporters

Personally, I'd tell them not to worry, your expected to pay for it due to their probably illegal approach to the consumer rights act, you'll collect it & pass it on to a reputable tech who'll sort it properly in a timely fashion & provide you with a report which you'll pass on to the manufacturer, along with a full timeline of the whole debacle.

& then point out that you'll then publish the whole shitfest on every airsoft page, forum, & review website, ensuring that EVERYONE knows what a shower of shit they are.

Then await their reply 🤔

I couldn't find it in the actual act but I did find this

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds#:~:text=You can ask a customer,(5 years in Scotland).

As you had it for only 2 months before taking it for repair their claims of being out of warranty are simply bollocks

26 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I couldn't find it in the actual act but I did find this

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds#:~:text=You can ask a customer,(5 years in Scotland).

As you had it for only 2 months before taking it for repair their claims of being out of warranty are simply bollocks

I've pretty much covered that in my very brief initial reply...

"Hi there,

I would be interested to know which part of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 allows you to only offer a 30 day warranty?  From my understanding I have 30 days in which I am entitled to a full refund.  Up to 6 months you have a single opportunity to repair or replace it before I can request a refund.

I have been very patient with this process as I accepted the delay due to your relocation; but more than enough time has elapsed for this to be resolved.  At no time up to this point has the warranty been denied, nor was the repair deemed as chargeable when I left it at your premises – with the paperwork on the 12th March. 

Please repair the item and let me know when I can collect it."

Will see what this does....

Good to hear. I get the feeling they were trying to fob you off with a load of bullshit in the hope you don't know consumer law. It makes me wonder how many other people have fallen for their lies and just paid up

1 minute ago, Cannonfodder said:

Good to hear. I get the feeling they were trying to fob you off with a load of bullshit in the hope you don't know consumer law. It makes me wonder how many other people have fallen for their lies and just paid up

That's what I was thinking.  I see they've positioned themselves carefully RE manufacturing defect, but seeing as the pew doesn't have a mark on it, they will be hard pushed to explain how it can be otherwise - which is also part of the CRA.

Up to 6 months they have to prove it wasn't a factory defect.

Thankfully over 20 years of running a business and having to deal with wankers in all walks of life, I have had to verse myself in several bits of law...  I still keep the court documents where I publicly called a company out for being Snake Oil Salesmen - told them to F Off (literally) in reply to their Cease and Desist letter - then got the case thrown out of court without even getting a hearing.

I can write a good passive aggressive missive when I need to. 😎  SWMBO wasn't so impressed at the time though.

Genuinely I do hope they get themselves sorted because as I said in the opening post - the place is looking promising in terms of shop, range, tech facilities.  

As I've posted before it never ceases to amaze me how so many airsofters are happy to be bent over and shafted by shops with terrible customer service

I very much agree. Once bitten twice shy. I would rather drive 20 miles in a thunderstorm than buy from a shop that has pissed me off or ripped me off even if they were two minutes away.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I very much agree. Once bitten twice shy. I would rather drive 20 miles in a thunderstorm than buy from a shop that has pissed me off or ripped me off even if they were two minutes away.

The nearest airsoft shop to me is only 5 miles away but I won't shop there as the owner is a complete bellend 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

As I've posted before it never ceases to amaze me how so many airsofters are happy to be bent over and shafted by shops with terrible customer service

Wolf armouries is a great example, not only did they have a shit eating attitude, I remember a young member on another forum contacting me for advice, long time ago pre vcra, explaining how he'd put a pistol in for repair & when he went to pick it up he was told "you've already collected it", his response was "no I haven't", & Wolf refused to accept they had given it to the wrong person, or alternatively one of the arsehole staff had lifted it  ?

I recently noticed that quite a few airsoft companies seem to have a questionable view of the law. I saw one advertising a 'boneyard' item as no returns, no refunds.

Fair enough, don't want people having a go at fixing it then sending it back but surely it goes against distance selling regs?

• Supporters

A business near me (non airsoft, furniture), has a separate website for their returns or slightly damaged stuff, where the explicitly state items purchased there are non returnable & you should be prepared for possible small issues with items, but in fairness the price are reduced massively, maybe 25% of the original rrp or even less.

My granddaughter needed a bigger bed, & they were advertising fancy sleigh bed returns for about 10% of the rrp, I popped in to their warehouse to pick one up, the guy brought 3 big unopened boxes out, BRAND NEW, never touched perfect condition, for 25 quid, result😃

My work here is done🤪

196kar.jpg

4 hours ago, LMKipper said:

I recently noticed that quite a few airsoft companies seem to have a questionable view of the law. I saw one advertising a 'boneyard' item as no returns, no refunds.

Fair enough, don't want people having a go at fixing it then sending it back but surely it goes against distance selling regs?

I think that boneyard items are sold with the expectation the buyer knows they're potentially broken/faulty already and accepts this risk