Selling airsoft replicas

I was new to airsoft and brought a ver expensive gun, i now have come to realise that i love playing but just do not have time to get out on the field.

i have tried listing my AEG but had no luck selling it. Is this normal for airsoft guns or have i got the wrong price 

3 minutes ago, Ht-airsoft said:

I was new to airsoft and brought a ver expensive gun, i now have come to realise that i love playing but just do not have time to get out on the field.

i have tried listing my AEG but had no luck selling it. Is this normal for airsoft guns or have i got the wrong price 

Basically the average second hand price even in good condition is between 50%-60% of the lowest new price. Modifications and upgrades mean very little to the value. 

If it's highly personalised (an odd look) it goes for even less. 

Tokyo Marui stuff stays around 60/70% of the new price. 

Edited by Asomodai

2 hours ago, Ht-airsoft said:

I'd say you have the price wrong, too high.  You mentioned mosfet but don't mention what type? Plus the stock, red handguard and red receiver parts aren't really a crowd puller - a real acquired taste.  

• Supporters

You haven't listed what the base gun is. This will help to set a floor price, to which people will add what they think the parts are worth to them.

There's no correct price point for airsoft guns, especially modified ones. It's all about finding a buyer who wants exactly what you're selling. The more detail you provide, the more likely you'll find that buyer.

This is also not the best time to be selling. The market will be picking back up after Christmas, even a couple of weeks to get us into March might help. 

Am I being blind but I can’t see where he mentions the bb weight. At 0.2 it’s fine of course.

Edited by Muzzer

7 minutes ago, Muzzer said:

Am I being blind but I can’t see where he mentions the bb weight. At 0.2 it’s fine of course.

It's in the questions for his advert 

47 minutes ago, Muzzer said:

I see now. For the sake of a lower spring he’s being a silly lad.

Especially silly as specna arms guns have quick change springs 

If it's not selling and you're keen to move it on, make sure your ad is the best it can be. Your gun just isn't desirable the way you've presented it. For a start the backend is three times longer than the front, you get to include ten photos. At least show it fully retracted in some of those. If you have a garden away from prying eyes, take advantage of that and get some close-ups in natural light, so people can accurately assess the condition. Currently I'm lumping you in with all the others we see who've bought a gun off a mate, who bought it off a bloke on a site. You're not really sure what the base gun is or when the work was done. You don't even seem to realise that it's too powerful to be used, all this doesn't instill confidence in the prospective buyer.

If all that doesn't work, you should bring the price down incrementally. I could buy a brand new CYMA Platinum delivered to my door (you make no mention of postage), or several other mid to high-end RIF's, for what you're currently asking.

All the best.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

On 24/02/2024 at 11:32, GAq said:

I think you should consider lowering your price.

After the OP first downgrades the spring then does a chrono re-test to confirm the gun is shooting within site limits.