Hand Grenade etiquette

RostokMcSpoons

You don't need to look all the way in, just where it is going to land.

I do a quick half peek from the doorway, find a clear bit of floor in the room and underarm it to that spot.

the only way to get them to go off consistently on grass is either a straight dart throw down to the ground...

Or a backward spin: so hold it horizontal by the top end and then flick the top down as you release it so it spins back on itself (like a bottle flip). Practice on grass at home.

Oh and make sure it's off safe or you'll have a nice dent in the primer holder :)

As soon as it goes off push the room, or you'll get stuck outside worrying about your lovely grenade!

Get it back asap, some dude stole one of mine at UCAP glos prison, he was caught on cctv kicking it away and taking it, it got recovered from the thieving #### luckily. 

Edited by Warky

When I actually remember to use multi shot quake, I tend to just hold it upside down and drop it around a corner at waist height. So it essentially lands on the plunger (hopefully goes off) directly below when I let go of it.

I got hit in the face with a quake once. I came out of a doorway and looked up to see a quake falling down towards my face. Fortunately my dye mask absorbed the majority of the impact. Choice words were used when the idiot came looking for his grenade!

10 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Then you deserve it for drinking that piss

It was either that or Budweizer.  Bloody football sports bar with their nasty lightweight drinks....  Rugby is far superior. 

Well my primers turned up yesterday...

Primers.jpg.8abb962fbb4530bc56f5ee93d9bc60bc.jpg

PullTheTrigger (an airgun and fieldcraft shop) charged me £26 for 200 inc p&p.  They're the only place that I could find that had stock of the 615's 

I'm going to use an SA80 mag pouch, with the drawstring pulled tight around the top of the grenade... seems like it'll hold - that'll be alright, won't it?  Or are there any dirt-cheap pouches I can source to do the job (that aren't crap)?

572942976_Grenadeinpouch.jpg.dfa8507408c8123f013e51baf5b45581.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

In a tight spot, rapid deployment might be a problem lol.

"Hang about chaps,just gotta untangle this" 😂

Regards 

wouldn't a bog standard grenade pouch do, or an sa80 double pouch with a velcro flap?

11 hours ago, Shamal said:

"Hang about chaps,just gotta untangle this" 😂

Ah, so very appropriate on Valentine's day.. I often find that in a tight spot, rapid deployment is often a problem...

"Hang about ladies, I just have to untangle this".  😁

9 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

wouldn't a bog standard grenade pouch do, or an sa80 double pouch with a velcro flap?

Yeah, done sort of grenade pouch would be the very thing, but I'm one of them poors now, so repurposing stuff is my go-to thing.

I did find this which is cheap enough

Viper TACTICAL Elite Grenade Pouch https://amzn.eu/d/0K4Vsln

The retention isn't much different from my SA80 pouch though! 

... Hmmm reading the reviews they're not that impressed with the retention, I need to find one with a velcro flap

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Shamal said:

True, which is why I make custom Kydex holders.  Half an A4 sheet of 2mm-ish per bang. Cut to this approximate shape - draw around the base to make the circle, size the top section to the height of the 'nade. Heat and form around the banger, let it cool, remove the banger, then briefly reheat and bend in slightly more to achieve retention.  Attach any way you like, using holes as pictured, or you could cut a Molle-width tongue, whatever takes your fancy.

image.png.f27c7dcd217391dd8d6e0cf0c5cd1e8b.png