Mag storage...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, AttackBunny said:

Is this the first step for airsoft anonymous? 

That step was some time ago.

That certainly does look like overkill.  I can understand having a few mid/low caps but so many hi-caps is not normal.

So you stuff them all in your webbing?

Isn't it harder to keep track of everything?

How do you organise for a game day?

I'd get a few of those plastic tubs from pound saver or something to keep dust out of em.

Edited by EDcase

thats..   a lot of mags

i have most of my mags in an old ammo crate.

i bought the crate from an army surplus stall at my (at the time) local market before lockdowns, stripped off all the old flaking brown paint and resprayed it with some grey primer and army green rattle cans from halfords (which has picked up quite a few scars from other ammo boxes being stacked on top of it) , then my father and i made and painted a pair of wooden divider trays. 

i swap the mags depending on which backup guns i take to a game day and load the entire crate in the boot of my car.
spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

9 hours ago, EDcase said:

So you stuff them all in your webbing?

How do you organise for a game day?

I've collected most of them as extra's when I buy a second hand pew, less than half have been bought seperately. I usually have my belt kit filled with hicaps and a chest rig filled with mids, only recently got a GBBR XM177 & it's mags are in an alice rig, I'll prob use my belt kit for the Scar-H mags.

They'll all fit in the boot of my car & I'll swop them around as I change kit & pews.

7 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

i have most of my mags in an old ammo crate.

That was my original plan.

9 hours ago, EDcase said:

Most of these will rarely get used, spare tan mags in DDPM webbing, black in MTP webbing, M16 20's in alice gear, G3 in flecktarn field gear, SLR in 58 pattern webbing etc... I collect webbing too so plenty of pouches laying empty

Edited by gavinkempsell

All mine live in a Peli Case, along with the other bits I use for a game day. Admittedly, I have drastically reduced the number of magazines I own by slimming down my RIF collection 😂

IMG_3171.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I have drastically reduced the number of magazines I own

SEE... I'm not the only one.

9 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I have drastically reduced the number of magazines I own by slimming down my RIF collection

Selective editing.

On 22/01/2024 at 21:30, gavinkempsell said:

I have one or two spare mags that get dumped into an ikea type storage box & was looking on fleabay last week thinking I could buy some ammo boxes to store them all a bit better. Long story short, I dragged them all out to see how many spare mags I had & which types, took a piccie to post on here and realised that I don't need any ammo boxes... I have webbing hanging all over my mancave with ready made pouches. only got around 6 spares without a home now (mainly a couple of AK & some Galil mags).

I'm not sure if this is a flex, or a cry for help. 🤣

Edited by Dan Robinson

34 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I'm not sure if this is a flex, or a cry for help.

Ukraine would like to have a word, they think you might be.... Useful

4 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Ukraine would like to have a word, they think you might be.... Useful

6mm plastic bb's won't be much help.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.