Greetings all!

operatoroyster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I'm a new player looking to get into airsoft based in South Birmingham. Just picked up a Nuprol Pioneer Defender with blue two tone on it for a bit target plinking in my back yard but decided I should follow through and start playing.

Sadly haven't got any pals who drive or are particularly into airsoft, and I can't drive myself 😕 Any good local clubs or groups that go out/carpool for gamedays?

Cheers all :)

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome. Once you've found the local sites, I'd hop on their Facebook pages and see if you can cadge a lift.  While you can take RIFs/IF on public transport (as long as you have a reasonable excuse, i.e. on the way to or from an airsoft site), it's not ideal. And in any case sites tend to be away from public transport.

Hello & welcome!

As has been said, find a local site and then check out their socials & ask if anyone can give you a lift if public transport doesn’t get you close enough. Get yourself a bag though, wandering around with a visible pew tends to raise a few eyebrows.

Cheers guys. To be honest I've never been on facebook so I hadn't thought of that, haha. I'll give it a go 😄

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Hello & welcome!

As has been said, find a local site and then check out their socials & ask if anyone can give you a lift if public transport doesn’t get you close enough. Get yourself a bag though, wandering around with a visible pew tends to raise a few eyebrows.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome. Once you've found the local sites, I'd hop on their Facebook pages and see if you can cadge a lift.  While you can take RIFs/IF on public transport (as long as you have a reasonable excuse, i.e. on the way to or from an airsoft site), it's not ideal. And in any case sites tend to be away from public transport.

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

Welcome 🖐

Have a look here for sites near you.

UK Airsoft Map — PlayAirsoft

• Supporters
1 hour ago, operatoroyster said:

Cheers guys. To be honest I've never been on facebook so I hadn't thought of that, haha. I'll give it a go 😄

I loathe Facebook with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns, but sites do love it as a way to announce things that maybe 1 in 10 of their players will ever see. 🙄

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I loathe Facebook with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns, but sites do love it as a way to announce things that maybe 1 in 10 of their players will ever see. 🙄

Suppose its time to trawl through my firefox logins to try and find my Facebook credentials from about five years ago 😂

46 minutes ago, operatoroyster said:

Suppose its time to trawl through my firefox logins to try and find my Facebook credentials from about five years ago 😂

I fel for you there brother....between my original Faceache profile, a work one I never used, a confusing and unnecessary Instagram account and whatever the feck my two vr headsets are linked to, I have no fricking idea what is linked to what and I only use faceache to download airsoft pics anyway. 

I hate social media.

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Facebook punted me off last year because, "We believe that you are under 13".

I'd had that account for over 13 years.

That's what happens when people running social media are brought up on social media. 

It's a continuation on what I said the other day about critical thinking. 

On 15/11/2023 at 22:33, Dan Robinson said:

I fel for you there brother....between my original Faceache profile, a work one I never used, a confusing and unnecessary Instagram account and whatever the feck my two vr headsets are linked to, I have no fricking idea what is linked to what and I only use faceache to download airsoft pics anyway. 

I hate social media.

I'm only in my early 20s but I tired very quickly of facebook and the like. I was actively put off of getting an Oculus based on the fact it forces you to have a facebook account linked with it. Thankfully a pal of mine sold me a HTC Vive he wasn't using anymore a while ago so I can comfortably play VR games without the lizard man himself stealing my data. However, the vive does take a bit more setup and faffing about than an oculus does.

On 16/11/2023 at 00:03, Rogerborg said:

Facebook punted me off last year because, "We believe that you are under 13".

I'd had that account for over 13 years.

Technically most of us are, mentally. 

Playing hide and seek with toy guns 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.