NGAL and Backup Sights?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know if there are flip up sights narrow enough to where the laser on an NGAL clears them? Most of them I've tried block the laser and I can't put the sight behind the NGAL as it would block the battery compartment.

Should I try canted sights? While I haven't played in a while, I used to run 45 degree canted sights quite often. Infamously useless at longer ranges when attached to an airsoft gun, I only used them in CQB where looking through an LPVO would restrict FOV too much, 5-15 meters or so.

28 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Put the NGAL at 3 or 9? 

I tried but with the NGAL on the left side I can't hold the rifle comfortably. I can't put it on the right side because there's a torch and a switch there

On my M4 I have the ngal on top and and have taken the open sights off. I have a T1 sight on a unity clone riser.the ngal has a good torch so no need for another.

Regards 

22 minutes ago, Shamal said:

On my M4 I have the ngal on top and and have taken the open sights off. I have a T1 sight on a unity clone riser.the ngal has a good torch so no need for another.

Regards 

True, the NGAL light is surprisingly bright, however I'm also going for looks, it's a "fun thing project" like you know, sticking a 27 liter aircraft engine in a car because it's a fun thing to do but not in any way needed.

It's inspired by special forces rifles like CAG and DEVGRU use. They always have a torch since a real NGAL is an IR illuminator and lacks a visible torch

There are the leaf back up irons that are designed for a peq 15, while they won't fit as well on a ngal as a peq15 they look pretty small and narrow, you might avoid splash. 

Or put your peq at the end of the rail and your irons the receiver side (has been seen).

Irons are generally back up and last resort use, so better than none (especially on longer rifs). The unity mount for the T2 style has irons inbuilt. 

You’re going to have an issue with most front sights if you run your NGAL right up against it, because the sight is going to need to attach to the rail, therefore there’s always going to be some form of mount to potentially get in the way of the laser. Obviously, the NGAL is narrow which limits your options. Either get rid of the iron sights and just run the laser, but you lose some flexibility without the front sight. Bring the NGAL further back up the rail, but depending on your grip type, you’re potentially going to block the laser with you hand. Mount the NGAL on a riser at the front of the rail, but you’re possibly going to block the front sight. Switch out the NGAL for a Peq 15 or something similar which is wider, but less Gucci. Or use something like a GBRS Hydra mount to mount your NGAL.

The Hydra mount is something I’ve been trying out, but I’m still a little unsure if I totally like it or not.

IMG_0691.jpeg

Edited by Super64

6 minutes ago, Super64 said:

The Hydra mount is something I’ve been trying out, but I’m still a little unsure if I totally like it or not.

Ooh, I get what you mean! It's a solution, I guess, but man, that's doesn't seem too practical and, my opinion only, but it doesn't look good at all. 

Back to the BUIS, I run either PEQs or NGALs on three of my rifles, and have removed the irons off all of them. Airsoft guns have shitty ballistics. You can always use fall of shot as a guide.  

• Supporters

Have a look at the Unity Fusion mounts. Gives you more options for where the NGAL/torch mount and a smaller BUIS too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.