Is "bbguns4less" safe?

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to buy this gun, its cheaper than on patrol base. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h22-edge-2-0-tm-carbine-aeg

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/specna-arms-sa-h22-edge-2-0-m4-airsoft-carbine-in-black.html

What is the refund policy, how safe is it to buy from these guys?  I don't know a lot about these airsoft websites. 

They’re fine, ordered 2 guns and bits from them with no issues, though I’ve never had to use their return process so can’t comment on that front. 

If you add something to your cart and leave it they usually email you a 5% off code (though mine ended up in spam so I missed it when I ordered). 

While I'd usually recommend avoiding any shop with bb guns in the name, they're legit. However the gun you linked to is coming up as out of stock so, unless you're not in a hurry, you might just have to bite the bullet and pay the slightly higher price.

10 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

While I'd usually recommend avoiding any shop with bb guns in the name, they're legit. However the gun you linked to is coming up as out of stock so, unless you're not in a hurry, you might just have to bite the bullet and pay the slightly higher price.

yeah not in a rush. I can wait a whole month tbh. 

I've bought a few replicas from them.  They are legit but test thoroughly when you receive it...

I had to tinker with a few to get them to work properly.

I haven't dealt with an actual return but google reviews seem to indicate it might be a bit of a mare.

Edited by EDcase

I used them once and had an issue with a rif.  I haven't bought anything from them since and won't ever again.  

As we've seen recently, Patrolbase seem the slicker and more 'quality' place to buy from, but they're just as capable of sending out a bad RIF and failing to fulfill their obligations.

Which sucks.

So I don't know if more experienced purchasers would recommend paying the premium at the likes of Defcon or Fire Support, when there's stock available...?   The problem is there's often stock level issues at almost everyone but PB and BBG4L, so you might just have to suck it up if there's a QC issue

Edit: Actually, I don't mean 'suck it up' as in 'just up with it and fix it yourself', though that remains an option for the more experienced purchaser with a bottomless wallet and tech experience... I really mean 'fight it out' using the consumer protection laws etc.   Don't let the bastards get away with it, assuming you have the time and determination!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters

I've not had any problems with them (and yes, you can get another 5% discount if you leave your basket alone for 24 hours), but my working assumption is that all airsoft retailers are exactly as bad as each other when it comes to aftersales. If you get anything less than what you pay for then you should exercise your statutory right to reject (no need to give a reason), and then when they inevitably wibble and wobble, go ahead and initiate a chargeback through your credit card / bank / PayPal ASAP.  They're not our mates, they're for-profit businesses, and should be factoring in the cost of lemons.

Also don't listen to a word that captain manboobs says on their YouTube videos. The amount of factual information he gives would fit on the back of a postage stamp with enough room for your name and address 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Also don't listen to a word that captain manboobs says on their YouTube videos. The amount of factual information he gives would fit on the back of a postage stamp with enough room for your name and address 

Dom is my spirit animal.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.