Possible New VFC Products

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some interesting photos on VFC’s Facebook page from their stall at TADTE 2023. Nothing close up or specific, but definitely an MP5SD and a bunch of M16’s. Hopefully all GBB’s. Looks like M16A1 with original and later handguards, also an M203 setup which would be awesome, and what looks like an M16A4. If these are GBB’s coming out next year then my bank account is going to be taking a hammering again.

It’s a shame there’s nothing there with the A2 style carry handle though. 

IMG_0687.png

IMG_0686.png

Edited by Super64

14 hours ago, kasaran said:

Damn. Been looking at WE GBB m16a3/TM mws to make a M16a4.... guess I should wait to find out now xD

Ive just bought a WE M16A3 and an M203 launcher and Handguard set to do a build. If VFC are going to release one, then that’s definitely something I’d be interested in. A USMC style A4 would be great to have as well.

4 hours ago, Super64 said:

Ive just bought a WE M16A3 and an M203 launcher and Handguard set to do a build. If VFC are going to release one, then that’s definitely something I’d be interested in. A USMC style A4 would be great to have as well.

How is the WE A3?

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

How is the WE A3?

It’s really nice, with good strong recoil. I’ve had a few A1’s and A3’s over the years, but always ended up selling them. I’m intending to keep this one and just finished putting my M203 on it. Just waiting for my trademarked lower coming from KYAirsoft and then it’s all done. 

As far as GBB M16’s go, for me, WE is the only real option.  I think the Golden Eagle one is plastic and the only other option is to build one if you can find all the relevant parts. So if VFC are going to release a range of GBB M16’s, there’s definitely a gap in the market for them.

There’s a clearer photo of them from VFC’s Facebook page today. Still can’t tell if they’re gas or not, but I’ve asked the question and waiting for someone to reply. 

IMG_0689.jpeg

IMG_0698.png

On 13/09/2023 at 13:06, DerDer said:

Even if they were Aegs, it would be a nice development. Would fill the hole of various Cold War Armalites that was left by G&P's departure.

What happened to G&P? Lost the market to Cyma/G&G? They were fairly big back in the day, but now have a tiny presence only doing a few modern AR-15 type rifles.

• Supporters
On 13/09/2023 at 13:06, DerDer said:

Even if they were Aegs, it would be a nice development. Would fill the hole of various Cold War Armalites that was left by G&P's departure.

Thrice Amen.

On 22/09/2023 at 21:53, Neptune said:

What happened to G&P? Lost the market to Cyma/G&G? They were fairly big back in the day, but now have a tiny presence only doing a few modern AR-15 type rifles.

I don't know of any specifics,  they just didn't really survive the late 2010s for some reason.  When I started around 06 they were ramping up (initially more kits for plastic TMs I think?) and they were the go-to metal ARs for years in the late 00s and early 10s, tons of variants all with darn authentic trades plus accessories from UGLs down to the small parts.  They probably peaked in the Magpul era, pumping out tons of AEG and WA system GBB ARs based on US civilian builds of the time, often with PTS plastic attached.  Then PTS lost the Magpul license and at some point Cybergun or whoever has the Colt trades license agreement clearly put their big old foot down; around then G&P just stopped making anything vaguely based on any real firearm of any type.  Granted that was the trend at the time (around the initial popularity of Keymod) and G&G/ICS/VFC were all doing the same, but G&P failed to move with the times and just faded away apparently.  They released a batch of Mk18s in brown a few years back that got terrible reviews and very briefly had a 'recoil system' which had the same reception.

E&C have completely taken over what was the G&P domain in my estimation (military AR AEG focus).  An awful lot of the same guns and parts as G&P used to do, I don't think it's the same operation though.

Edit - Looked up their IG: https://www.instagram.com/gnpairsoft/?hl=en

Barely a post for years now.  Forgot how hard they leant in to the Salient craze.. that won't have helped the business.  Maybe they only do silent OEM stuff now?  It can be comparatively easy work for an established factory.  Not sure.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.