any decent eyepro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

12 minutes ago, strykerles said:

Not goggles but me and a few people I know use Revision sawfly glasses. I believe they were army issue and are easy to come by on ebay for around £40 for a pair in good condition.

wow i wish i picked one of those up instead of the ESS crossbows

Bolle Cobra provide certified safety lenses with good coverage, have angle adjustable arms and come in different colours and Ultra Clear. Use an anti fog wipe at the start if each day and you will be sorted.

Cost is between £12 and £14 from safety wear companies. I got clear, yellow and smoke, big zip case and antifog wipe for about £40.

I've got a pair of Valken Tango goggles with the thermal lenses and they're pretty good so far. Fog a little on extremely hot humid days but the fog also dissipates quickly when moving. Selection of lenses and and have taken a few shots without a mark on them. Work well with my mask/helmet setup, pretty happy with them overall

Edit: I don't use any sort of inner goggle anti fog solution or anything with them as I'm not sure what one to use, so considering this their performance in terms of not fogging seems great, but I dont have a ton of experience with other setups either

Edited by Beorn

3 hours ago, strykerles said:

mine have never let me down. tested them with my DMR at point blank with .40 bbs and didn't even mark them.

Taken quite a few hits in game too and been fine

Fun fact......

On receipt of impact you should be changing eyepro. Especially after point blank testing with high FPS kit. They are designed to protect against a single impact and are then considered compromised. 

44 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Fun fact......

On receipt of impact you should be changing eyepro. Especially after point blank testing with high FPS kit. They are designed to protect against a single impact and are then considered compromised. 

I didn't know that, onto my spare pair it is.

Thanks 😊 

9 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Fun fact......

pretty sure they will be fine with a tonne of plastic bb hits...

I have two sets of eyepro, but I want to get a third. At the moment I use Revision Sawflys and they're amazing and tend to be my go-to eyepro with Rx inserts as I am short-sighted and haaaaate contact lenses (plus, airsoft would be the only thing I would run contacts for as I'm not that short sighted and don't always need glasses)

Second pair I have are a set of Heroshark mako frames with prescription inserts for if it's a foggy day, as the mesh allows more air flow to ensure the inserts don't fog up, though if it's particularly hot and humid there's only so much I can do. People always say BBs can fragment, and I'm sure they can, but it's never happened to me, and if it did I think the prescription lenses would be fine against the fragments that might get through

Third set I want is a set of full seal goggles with a fan (to prevent fogging) for with a CQB kit I want to put together. Revision do a set, but the Desert Locusts about £200 and are usually out of stock just about everywhere. A lot of fan goggles I've found tend to be crap though, so I might shell out on the Revisions anyway.

12 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Fun fact......

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Do you?  It must get pretty expensive binning lenses multiple times a day.

Strictly speaking Hunter is right …… but for the purpose that they are designed for

Military/shooting impact eye protection is designed to be the last chance saver from something as simple as dirt, dust, gases and the gravel/splinters etc flying from impact nearby

They are not for direct protection from what is being shot at you

Poor shooting glasses have been as simple as sunglasses - just for the dust etc (a reason for which I have traditionally directed people to look more than ‘shooting glasses’ but to check that there is an impact standard)

The advice in the video is in a shooting situation - once that safety equipment has protected you once then accept that it has done its job and replace it

(the same applies to motorcycle helmets - if it’s smashed and ground into the tarmac then you can see it’s had it’s day, but if it has impact but looks ok then the internal structure may have taken it all and should still have the helmet replaced)

For airsoft however the intent is to be shot and you can see all the ‘functioning parts’ - the lens

If the lens shows impact, has tiny little cracks etc then it needs to be replaced 

If the lens is to a compliant impact standard then I would not replace just due to a BB impact

The next consideration is lens age.  I used to religiously replace lenses annually, which continued until I had a vast collection each used occasionally by myself or on loan

I now replace based on condition and/or general age

If a lens is removable then extra consideration is to be given on how well fitted it may be - if regularly swapped for colour etc then that may affect how well they fit (or how clumsily the user fits them)

23 minutes ago, Pupa2794 said:

With a name like elbonian prince you better be buying something obscure. 

And French. 

Would be so cool if the 'Gun Jesus' was a member here.

On 18/08/2023 at 10:23, Rogerborg said:

Do you?  It must get pretty expensive binning lenses multiple times a day.

Tbh I approach it with common sense. If they've taken game day hits visual inspection and crack on. If I'd deliberately point blanked them with a 500fps on .4s type of set up.... Id probably consider that set suspect. Then again I'm lucky enough to have a fairly consistant supply of free Revision's......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.